10+ Year Old Account

Pre-purchasing the game through iDeal?

First of all.. I'm not really sure if I'm allowed to ask this question... So I'm sorry if I'm not allowed to and will delete my post as soon as possible if a mod tells me to.

IS it possible to pre-purchase Guild Wars 2 well yeah.. through iDeal instead of credit card/PayPal?

In the past I've bought something through PayPal but for some reason I never payed for the item immediately (it was an online game, dont need details) and it took like a couple of months for the transaction to finish..

So I don't have good experience with PayPal, neither do I have a credit card. I also mostly just pay through iDeal since it's the easiest way to pay for me.

Soooo... is it possible in some way? I looked on the original Guild Wars 2 pre-order page and I couldn't find anything about iDeal. I might just answered my own question. But perhaps there's SOME way I can pay through iDeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    First of all.. I'm not really sure if I'm allowed to ask this question... So I'm sorry if I'm not allowed to and will delete my post as soon as possible if a mod tells me to.

IS it possible to pre-purchase Guild Wars 2 well yeah.. through iDeal instead of credit card/PayPal?

In the past I've bought something through PayPal but for some reason I never payed for the item immediately (it was an online game, dont need details) and it took like a couple of months for the transaction to finish..

So I don't have good experience with PayPal, neither do I have a credit card. I also mostly just pay through iDeal since it's the easiest way to pay for me.

Soooo... is it possible in some way? I looked on the original Guild Wars 2 pre-order page and I couldn't find anything about iDeal. I might just answered my own question. But perhaps there's SOME way I can pay through iDeal.
    If you don't have a credit card or want to deal with PayPal, why not get a pre-paid Visa card? It's like a gift-card but can be used anywhere Visa can be used. Find the total for the game, after your taxes etc etc and put that on the card. Maybe put an extra $5 on just in case. Then you can buy the digtal download right from Anet and be done with it.

I've never heard of iDeal and I highly doubt Anet will accept it, especially since you couldn't find your answer on their site.
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-08-07 at 12:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can pick up a prepaid debit card at Walmart, I hear.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    You can pick up a prepaid debit card at Walmart, I hear.
    Uhh..sometimes you can.

A lot of times they are set amounts like $50/100/150 etc.

The any amount cards are usually seasonal, around Xmas. I've tried to get one for my nephew for his b-day but the people at Crap-Mart said they were seasonal.

But yes, that's what I'm talking about, I think Visa.com has a better variety though.

iDeal is iirc something only in his native country. And i dont think there are any Wallmarts in Europe.

If you dont get the option to use that then you probably cant. But you can look for another place to buy the prepurchase, a lot of stores sell it over the counter aswell. Generally cheaper aswell, Gw2.com sells the game for the highest price due to reasons.

not sure what ideal is, so im gonna go ahead and say.....prolly not, lol

tbh your best bet would just be to walk into your local gaming store, and pre-purchase a copy yourself, then call anet or email them and they'll prolly ask you for a receipt or some shit for verification, but they'll most likely give you a link to download the game from them, if you havent already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like terrahero already said. iDeal is a payment method in Europe for some online games. Just like World of Warcraft where I can pay through iDeal.

And yeah, we don't have walmarts here and I can't buy a prepaid visa card because I don't think they sell them in Holland.

Perhaps I can still pay through PayPal. I'll look into that tomorrow when I wake up. Thanks for the answers all

Oh and yeah, if I can't pay through PayPal I'ma have to go to a gaming store. Though I kinda wanted the digital deluxe edition which I don't think my local gaming stores sell :S

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Like terrahero already said. iDeal is a payment method in Europe for some online games. Just like World of Warcraft where I can pay through iDeal.

And yeah, we don't have walmarts here and I can't buy a prepaid visa card because I don't think they sell them in Holland.

Perhaps I can still pay through PayPal. I'll look into that tomorrow when I wake up. Thanks for the answers all

Oh and yeah, if I can't pay through PayPal I'ma have to go to a gaming store. Though I kinda wanted the digital deluxe edition which I don't think my local gaming stores sell :S
    If you transfer the money to paypal first THEN buy the game, it will be instant. Transferring funds from your bank account to paypal is likely what is taking so long, it's only instant if you have a credit/visa debit.
    Might want to check https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/retailers and see if any of the retailers work for you.

You can link your paypal to your bank account to make all transfers instant aswell. Or, semi-instant. Paypal foots the bill and gets the money from your bank account later, for you its instant. However, this means your bank must support Paypal.
    And before you can use it you first have to make a purchase with paypal thats linked to your bank acount, but there is a catch. Your purchase has to be somewhere that accepts delayed payment, because the first payment paypal will not advance for you while it waits for your bank. So it will directly communicate with your bank and ask for the funds, and then pay with those funds (hence, the delay). If that goes well, then in the future paypal will make the transfers instant.

And here's catch nr2. Guildwars2.com does NOT accept delayed payment. So either you need to get that sorted first, there are placed that "sell" stuff on delayed payment for the sake of activating this feature for you (still takes a few days) or put the funds into paypal and then pay with that. (also takes a few days) So if you can wait, cool. If not, considering finding a deal which might be difficult for the Digideluxe thing.

But you could ask yourself, do you really want the deluxe? I understand you dont get all that much from it, considering the price you pay. Especially if you branch out a bit and find pretty good deals for regular prepurchase. Mediamarket had it for 47euro i think, and ive heard people mention better deals then that.

Deleted
    iDeal is a way to pay for things through online banking.
    Instead of filling in your credit card number/ payment information, you will automatically receive a link to the bank of your choice, log in to your online banking account and make the transaction from your online bank account.
    I don't know if there's something similiar to this for GW2, but it's quite a simple method to use.

Deleted
    If you mean pre-purchase to get the headstart I don't know of any that accept the i-deal payment system but I know bol.com accepts it and has the physical edition, so you could pre-order that and get in on the 28th. Also http://www.gamemania.be/ I think do and probably other Dutch stores but only pre-order for the 28th as far as I know

Very few places in Europe that will accept it so you really are limiting yourself a lot.

If you decide to pay via paypal I got mine from greenmangaming.com, £49.99 but use voucher code PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN for 20% off bringing it to £37 including the 3 day headstart and you just get the serial code which you can input into guildwars2.com and download from there which I believe is cheaper than buying direct from arena net.