Deleted

How Is Ret In PvP?

I love playing Ret, and it's probably going to be the first class I level to 90. But I really want to know how it is in MoP PvP right now.
    I'm only level 86 on BETA because I'm terrible at leveling, and I can crit 200k+ FoL's with Selfless healer. I really like how much more support we have now, but is the damage enough? I really feel like a wet noodle and heard a lot of other people talking about the damage not being there.

---------- Post added 2012-08-07 at 02:57 PM ----------

250 views, not even a troll comment :-/
    Last edited by mmoc3581b360b5; 2012-08-07 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

I would assume our role in rated PvP will be the same, support outside of burst. Still leveling myself so I can't tell you what 90's like, but then again I don't think anyone can tell you what 90 PvP's like with that bullshit 50% Resi base.

Ret is actually, in my opinion, in a really great state on the PTR. We finally have access to more consistent healing and a snare. Ret feels a little squishy, but our CDs and strong self-healing make up for it. Every class plays differently. Our burst is strong as always (comparatively, currently with no PvP Power and 90%+ resil every class is hitting for small numbers).

Quote Originally Posted by Searsha View Post
    Ret is actually, in my opinion, in a really great state on the PTR. We finally have access to more consistent healing and a snare. Ret feels a little squishy, but our CDs and strong self-healing make up for it. Every class plays differently. Our burst is strong as always (comparatively, currently with no PvP Power and 90%+ resil every class is hitting for small numbers).
    Ret is fine vs Melee on PTR (i.e. level 85 Public test Realm, not Beta at 90), vs ranged of any average capability, we are not, because the casters are scaling far too well. I presume perhaps the haste? (I havent really read into it enough, dont have the time).
    To defeat any of the following they would have to be scrubs: BM Hunter, Shadow Preist, Fire mage (constant proccing stuns on tap, if they align the deep freeze with a double deep impact and counterspell your dead, which is skilless outrageous cc as per usual), Frost mage (rofl deep freeze + double icelance 100-0 kill, again outrageous cc and burst in that cc), and I presume still a well played Affi lock/demo lock, although as Ret in similar gear have only ever lost to a Demo lock on two occasions weeks ago, the same player. I havent been able to duel an Affi lock since the changes recently, so presume they have been toned down to normality now?

Shadow Preists are absolutely ridiculous at 85 in MoP talent guise. Our healing saves us from an instant defeat basically within the first double fear/silence faceroll. but it ultimately catches up, because they can just keep spamming this combo and dispel everything without any penalties to mana constantly. I don;t know how this pans out at 90 however, but I would suspect from other expansions, they will still be OP at 90.
    Last edited by Baldwyn; 2012-08-07 at 10:02 PM.