Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

World's First Conqueror: Infernal Dawn

Nearly five months after Infernal Dawn, the latest 20-man T3 Raid instance in Rift, was released the instanced has been conquered by the Guild < No Quarter >

The reward for this is of course the awesome Infernal Strider mount

It's been 5 months since Infernal dawn came out? >.>

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    what happened to voodoo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    It's been 5 months since Infernal dawn came out?
    Patch 1.8 Infernal Dawn, released on April 18th NA and 19th for EU

To date only ten Guilds have even killed Maelforge, Laethys is proving to be one tough biatch to get past

Time to relive that awesome moment....

Deleted
    Seems like special olympics is slacking :P

Quote Originally Posted by Viceversa View Post
    what happened to voodoo
    Nearly all of them quit the day Diablo 3 came out.
    A few are still around, mostly in <Trinity> who got World 4th/NA-Defiant 1st Maelforge and Laethys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viceversa View Post
    what happened to voodoo
    A few of them stopped after HK to play the highly anticipated Diablo III....There was a post on rift strats site prior to D3 launch.

All jokes aside it was a long stretch between HK and the release of ID so I can see a top raid guild getting bored waiting for the next raid.

I wouldn't be surprised if we some old names surface again when the xpac drops.

To date only ten Guilds have even killed Maelforge, Laethys is proving to be one tough biatch to get past
    That's how it should be imo. Was so annoying beating WoW raids the first day...

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Agreed. One of the things that I love in RIFT is that bosses are hard. There is only one level of difficulty, and that is challenging. None of the feeling of achievement is diminished by already having beaten the boss on easier difficulties. Tonight I think my guild will down Rusila, and I have goosebumps just thinking about it

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, congrats to them! That mount looks sick!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that is a great breath of fresh air to learn there is a game out there with truly difficult raid content again.

I'll be downloading my free trial tonight. Now...Bard vs. Purifier....
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You killed HM DW and HM Rag the first day they came out wow thats impressive. Beating normal mode retard version for people like you is not considered beating the raid by any means kid. I heard games where only 10 guilds get to see all the content offered from the last patch is a good business plan that will obviously bring in more money and keep the game going right.
    Last edited by Darkfrosty; 2012-08-07 at 02:44 PM.

I think Rift is an awesome game. Every time I hear news of it, I get awed.

I can´t commit to hardcore raiding anymore, though. So, the current state of WoW fits me nearly perfectly, in a sense that I can complete all the content without compromising my IRL schedules.

That pictures of the meta and the mount nearly does activate my addiction, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfrosty View Post
    You killed HM DW and HM Rag the first day they came out wow thats impressive. Beating normal mode retard version for people like you is not considered beating the raid by any means kid. I heard games where only 10 guilds get to see all the content offered from the last patch is a good business plan that will obviously bring in more money and keep the game going right.
    You know what I mean, don't be a smart ass.

DW hard mode wasn't even that hard, it was spine that got everybody.

Seeing the content and beating it is also different fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Agreed. One of the things that I love in RIFT is that bosses are hard. There is only one level of difficulty, and that is challenging. None of the feeling of achievement is diminished by already having beaten the boss on easier difficulties. Tonight I think my guild will down Rusila, and I have goosebumps just thinking about it
    Good luck on Rusila! My guild just downed the boss on Saturday, fun fight =)
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

it's really depressing how many serious end game guilds are left. a lot of guilds are raiding, but not many that can compete for legit world first clears. i really like Rift as imho it's one of the better games on the market right now, but the players who left may be in the same boat as myself. i quit raiding in Rift a few months ago because i was just done raiding in general. having to depend on 19 other people to show up every night, be prepared, know their class, not die to basic mechanics, not be douche bags, and never want to quit is really frustrating.

i don't think Rift is dying or anything, but the player base just isn't there to really worry about world firsts anymore. i really hope this changes with Storm Legion though. i hope a lot of old players come back, and a stack of GOOD new players come in.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Yea, retention is a real problem sometimes. Toward the end of HK we were having recruiting issues as well. People burn out, sure. Happens in every game. Though I think this particular style of MMO is wearing thin in a more general sense for a lot of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Though I think this particular style of MMO is wearing thin in a more general sense for a lot of players.
    i completely agree.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Congrats! That's pretty damn impressive imo. The game is a nice change from wow difficulty and content style also.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Nearly five months after ...
    Whoa, that's insane.

What the hell are those old-school WoW players doing not moving to Rift?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."