Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Still incorrect. In vanilla you had a flawed Enhancement system relying totally on RNG from WF, you had Elemental which was just.... And then you had resto which wasn't exactly fantastic either, but it was a healing spec.

    It got a little better in TBC, especially for Enhancement.

    Little better in Wotlk, when all three specs recieved new spells and abilities - though a lot of people moaned about Enh using agi instead of str.

    Cataclysm - meh.

    MoP - lots and lots of wierd changes and nerfs for no reason.
    Over the years it seems like Shamans have always gotten nerfed , many that made you scratch your head. Mainly because at many times over the years, certain specs were not very good, yet they'd get a nerf anyways. There'd always been a running joke that whenever there was a new patch, shamans would get nerfed. And it was usually the case. That's all I was saying. I know that at this particular moment they're buffing/nerfing things to try and even it out for Mists and IMO this is the best classes have been balanced, ever. I don't care what happens, I'll always play the class because I love it. I was just pointing out that over the years they've always gotten the nerf bat.

  2. #22
    I thought the Alliance and Horde cities were structurally identical? Why do just the Horde get a speed buff?

  3. #23
    To be honest, the fact that the new capitals have portals is enough to make me wanna park all my alts there. I'm glad they changed their mind about that one. Not having them in Cata was really painful.

    Also, I really hope they nerf the mount droprates when MoP actually comes out (as in, the night the new content goes live), and not at 5.0 like last time. I understand that it's going to happen, but It pretty much sucked out all desire for my guild to even keep trying for H-LK when they did that in 4.0. Add to that the fact that certain heroic DS fights will actually get HARDER with the changes (arcane mages losing essential burst for Spine not to mention the dispel nerf) and you'll see a mass dropoff of people raiding DS in 5.0 if they nerf the mount drops early again.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2012-08-07 at 12:09 PM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by demonicslushie View Post
    None of those faction capital changes are going to matter if there are no auctioneers in the cities, people will go where EVERYTHING is, not where everything minus the AH is...
    Yeah, nobody was ever in Dalaran.
    Karuzo, mistweaver monk | Macphisto, discipline priest
    Formerly in Razzia Arthas-US (US #6), no new home yet, surprise guild disbands just before xpac are fun!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by wombocombo32 View Post
    I guess you haven't been to Shattrath or Dalaran because both of them have auctioneers in them.
    And you seem to have the memory of a baked potato..

    During TBC Shatt had NO auction house throughout the entire relevance of that expansion.

    During WOTLK Dalaran had NO auction house for people to use UNLESS you were an engineer.

    Yet both of those cities were so overcrowded with people during their particular expansion.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    To be honest, the fact that the new capitals have portals is enough to make me wanna park all my alts there. I'm glad they changed their mind about that one. Not having them in Cata was really painful.
    If that was really painful, you wouldn't have lasted 1 day in vanilla.

    It's thinks like this that confuse me. People have gotten so accustomed to porting everywhere that they forget this is an MMO, where you have to travel places. Having portals for everything is just stupid.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    To be honest, the fact that the new capitals have portals is enough to make me wanna park all my alts there. I'm glad they changed their mind about that one. Not having them in Cata was really painful.

    Also, I really hope they nerf the mount droprates when MoP actually comes out (as in, the night the new content goes live), and not at 5.0 like last time. I understand that it's going to happen, but It pretty much sucked out all desire for my guild to even keep trying for H-LK when they did that in 4.0. Add to that the fact that certain heroic DS fights will actually get HARDER with the changes (arcane mages losing essential burst for Spine not to mention the dispel nerf) and you'll see a mass dropoff of people raiding DS in 5.0 if they nerf the mount drops early again.
    They said they ll be changing how dispelling on spine will work(cant link source atm,its on mmo champion as well),also you ll still have 35% nerf(assuming they add new nerf around 5.0) so I think it wont be that bad as you predict.


    Always recruiting exceptional players! Visit http://www.klr-guild.eu/ for more info.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonBabby View Post
    If that was really painful, you wouldn't have lasted 1 day in vanilla.

    It's thinks like this that confuse me. People have gotten so accustomed to porting everywhere that they forget this is an MMO, where you have to travel places. Having portals for everything is just stupid.
    There was also class imbalance, bugs galore to make difficulty, disconjorted questing with horrendous quest drop rates, and unbalanced difficulty in vanilla, as well. Maybe they should break everything in MoP to recreate the nostalgia.

    I do agree that there should be incentive to go out and "see the world", but creating artificial time sinks that do nothing but waste your time is not what I consider fun. It's good the first 100 times you're forced to do it, but it gets somewhat tedious and repetitive after that many times.
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

  9. #29
    Made an account to ask this question, which may or may not have been answered before.

    " But before you charge headfirst into battle, keep in mind that it will take the combined efforts of a full raid to bring one of these guys to their knees."

    A full 10 man or a full 25 man?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    Made an account to ask this question, which may or may not have been answered before.

    " But before you charge headfirst into battle, keep in mind that it will take the combined efforts of a full raid to bring one of these guys to their knees."

    A full 10 man or a full 25 man?

    Probably 40, actually.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    There was also class imbalance, bugs galore to make difficulty, disconjorted questing with horrendous quest drop rates, and unbalanced difficulty in vanilla, as well. Maybe they should break everything in MoP to recreate the nostalgia.

    I do agree that there should be incentive to go out and "see the world", but creating artificial time sinks that do nothing but waste your time is not what I consider fun. It's good the first 100 times you're forced to do it, but it gets somewhat tedious and repetitive after that many times.
    No one said anything about all of Vanilla. I mentioned that you didn't have the awesome chance to port everywhere as you do now. Even in Cataclysm, you still had portals to majority of places, so when he claimed it was a "pain" I just laughed out loud. Besides, everything you mentioned are exaggerated and made to seem as though Vanilla was unplayable. Completely not true.

    Traveling is a way of getting around. Portaling is just being lazy. No matter how much you say "it's not fun!" that's not the point. MMO's are MMO's, and they're meant to be time sinks, not convenient games that you can play during your break.

    At least... they used to be. It's getting rid of more immersion in a game I feel lost it long ago for the exchange of "fun". I guess we have two different definition of those words.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    Made an account to ask this question, which may or may not have been answered before.

    " But before you charge headfirst into battle, keep in mind that it will take the combined efforts of a full raid to bring one of these guys to their knees."

    A full 10 man or a full 25 man?
    About 10-15.

  13. #33

  14. #34
    where is AH in capitals.

  15. #35
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    920
    i hate how there is never any warrior talk with the blues, i personally feel they have become stagnant even with the changes

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Earenbane View Post
    i hate how there is never any warrior talk with the blues, i personally feel they have become stagnant even with the changes
    Welcome to a Rogues world

  17. #37
    not good with computers
    chaud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,244
    Quote Originally Posted by anubiscaio View Post
    where is AH in capitals.
    They were removed and replaced with portals to all of the other cities.

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeLive View Post
    I thought the Alliance and Horde cities were structurally identical? Why do just the Horde get a speed buff?
    They are, the Alliance city had it for a long time before now, now both (should) have it. I haven't had a chance to get someone to check for me.

  18. #38
    Field Marshal Korrina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    97
    "Jinho the Wind Breaker." Is this a Blizzard flatulence joke? :P

  19. #39
    Stood in the Fire paulywally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Buffalo, New York
    Posts
    371
    Maybe they're trying to see if the ports will promote world PvP. If it doesn't I bet they'll remove them.

  20. #40
    "Well, we wanted to make Enhancement feel like more of their damage came from active button-pressing instead of progressively so we lowered the damage of the direct damage shock and increased the damage of the progressive damage shock. Then we lowered the average damage of Elemental Blast by reducing its chance to echo, and increased the damage of Feral Spirits (Which deals its damage progressively over the course of 30 seconds)"

    Blizzard in charge of doing what they set out to do.
    Last edited by Newber; 2012-08-07 at 05:34 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •