Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Aesthetic appeal followed by play-style. I keep it simple .

Mesmer gogogo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Guns and Fire! So Engineer or Elementalist :P
    Arukas

For me, I'd say the class mechanics overall. How does it play, how do the skills work together as a whole, how well can it adapt to the situation at hand? Looking at your list I would say: Mobility, Versatility, and Depth and when used together grant you Survivability.

Primary: Survivability, Sustained Damage, Utility (crowd control, buffs, debuffs), Support (heals, shields), Combat style (Melee/Ranged)

Secondary: Magic/Technology vs Muscle, Armor type

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

A tough question, and to be honest I think "playstyle" is kind of a cop out answer. What about the playstyle do you like? I really don't know why I like one over the other.

Generally I like melee, but I'm not that interested in playing melee in GW2. Generally I'm less of a fan on casters (i'll play them, but not my first choice) but I like the mesmer after playing it. And engineer is just badass. Mechanical devices, bombs, guns.

Deleted
    1. General theme.

For instance I'm much more attracted to guardian rather than necro before I even knwo what the playstyle is.

2. Complexity. I dont want to feel I am fighting my class to perform, but then I dont want to jsut mash buttons. I want choices to matter but for the general feeling to feel intuitive.

3. reactivity....(is that a word?). I dont like predictable things, like rotations in wow, I like to have to react to stuff, GW2 does this for all classes due to general combat style, but in other games I'll enjoy RNG classes more than static rotation ones.

4. flexibility - I do not like being restricted to one "role" so in wow I'll play hybrids for instance and rarely the pure dps classes. In GW2 its of course not an issue

Some classes I've really enjoyed in recent MMOs are: Druids in wow, priests in wow, troopers in Swtor(vanguard), Riftstalkers in Rift, cholormancers in Rift.
    In GW2 I'll probably be playing guardian first then a mesmer or elementalist.
    Last edited by mmoc4e3ce29075; 2012-08-09 at 10:51 AM.

Versatility

Utility and overall mobility and how much i can assist my friends and group members. I enjoy being benifical and i have to enjoy the role its self

Deleted
    Hm.. Im gooing for looks in first place haha. Then for playstyle, the combat have to feel fluid. Beeing able to support in anyway, not necessarily healing, is something I like too. And its a bouns if its easy to get into groups, but I hope that won't be to much of a problem in Gw2 anyway

Always been the glass canon, will always choose the glass canon. Normally like rolling a tank or healer as alt as I do like the playstyle of healers.

Due to the class looking very dynamic, versatile and fun with nice armors as a plus, my choice is the Elementalist as a main character.

Haven't paid as much attention to this game as of late, which puts me in a horrible position. Never having played GW1 I do not know anything about the classes, but I know basically what I am looking for. I focus on casters, which puts me in Elementalist, Necromancer, or Mesmer. I like to play something complex and underutalized, which points to Mesmer, but I also enjoy massive hard hitting spells, which would be the Elementalist.

I think the optimal mix of what I want is the Necromancer, but it doesn't appeal to me the way the Mesmer does in terms of how underutalized the class is going to be. So I think I'm stuck playing all 3 till a get a feel of what is going to feel right for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always like making the equipment I wear. Gives me pride lol