Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Player Housing - I haven't really read or seen anything about this other than random discussion. Is it definitely going to happen? If it does...

-Do you think they should have "home upgrades" that are earned in the world or only bought via gems?
    -Do you think crafting patterns should be implemented to upgrade your home?
    -I think they should make the HOM in our homes, as a type of "trophy room", thoughts?
    Is there going to be any player housing?
    Not in the initial release. However, each character will have access to a home instance in their race's capital; it is personalized according to the character's biography choices. The home will evolve as the character becomes more involved in their personal story.

Also:
    - Lion's Arch is the only major city without a home instance.
    - Personal stories and tasks cannot be started within the home instance of another race.
    - Parties will enter the home instance of its leader.
    - About 10% of the capital city is part of the personal instance, the other 90% is persistent and the same for all players on the server.
    - Dedicated player housing will not be in Guild Wars 2 at launch but is planned for a later update. (at same time with guild halls) ~source
    - Hall of Monuments rewards will be picked up from an npc in the home instance

Will there be guild halls?
    Not at launch. However, ANet said that they will be offered sometime later. ~source

GW2 wiki - FAQ and GW2 wiki Home instance

The way the map works, mounts are useless...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkaholic View Post
    The way the map works, mounts are useless...
    I did found I didn't move quite fast enough in PvE and WvWvW at times. I know in WvWvW it's because no-one upgraded the keeps, but still...
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No idea about WvWvW, but out in the world there's so many waypoints that I never felt like I wanted a mount.

I also never saw any creature that could be a mount, that wouldn't drop to the floor if it had to carry a norn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    No idea about WvWvW, but out in the world there's so many waypoints that I never felt like I wanted a mount.

I also never saw any creature that could be a mount, that wouldn't drop to the floor if it had to carry a norn
    We need more land-sharks...

THIS IS NOT MY ART, but it looked cool enough.

Almost every class has a speed boost or skill that improves speed for brief spurts. Also, u can waypoint almost everywhere. Mounts take away from the immersion...for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Unlikely to see mounts. But hopefully, there will be some sort of significant run speed boosts which are always-on/activated OOC. No, the current OOC boost is not noteworthy.

Running everywhere at such a slow pace is a real drag, imo.
    Actually it is noteworthy... and its hardly a drag. Point of the game is to explore the world... you need to get to the other side of the zone? great, start running, who knows how many events you encounter on your way, how many gathering materials there will be or whatnot.
    If you find running in gw2 to be a drag then i can tell you only this... remove your wow mindset before looking at gw2 cause you seem to be rotten by "convinience" that infested wow and turned it into puny excuse of a game with world being literally DEAD.

As for the topic, mounts arent needed at all (especially with waypoints giving you possibility of fast travel) and housing... well... i never really seen the point of it to begin with and i couldn't care less whatever or not it makes an appearence in gw2.
    Last edited by Dexiefy; 2012-08-07 at 02:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    We need more land-sharks...

THIS IS NOT MY ART, but it looked cool enough.
    Reminds me of Sin in FF10, not that he had a shark head, but anyways...

Yea we won't need mounts considering we can port to just about anywhere then it's just a 2 min walk to wherever you were going

I just hope player housing won't be a personal instance you have to invite people to, it kinda beats the purpose. Housing in the actual world where you actually have to close a door/gate to keep people out is like triple the fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Don't count on it.

Player and Guild housing is confirmed to be added after launch.
    agreed.

I dount we will see mounts. If we do, it needs to have no speed change as player speed is an important balancing issue in DE design. look at Rift where they have had to put in group wide mount speed increases with mentoring as high levels on faster mounts can wreck events for slower low levels.

As for housing...ok, whatever, I suppose it may be put in, Personally I've never seen the point, but I dont object. Though you kind of already have a home instance, if they can just grant access and a but more customisation to your home area of your city, maybe that woudl work.

Deleted
    why need mount when you can change yourself to many kind of animal with tonic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arnz View Post
    why need mount when you can change yourself to many kind of animal with tonic.
    Why spend money on tonics when you could have a permanent aesthetic mount to ride around on, showing off your glorious armor while riding into battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    Actually it is noteworthy... and its hardly a drag. Point of the game is to explore the world... you need to get to the other side of the zone? great, start running, who knows how many events you encounter on your way, how many gathering materials there will be or whatnot.
    I don't agree exploration is any more the point than PVP or crafting are. Those are there if you want it, sure. Sometimes I don't.

Sometimes. Just sometimes, I want to simply get to my friends or destination quickly.

Current OOC speed boost is unsatisfactory for me.

If you find running in gw2 to be a drag then i can tell you only this... remove your wow mindset before looking at gw2 cause you seem to be rotten by "convinience" that infested wow and turned it into puny excuse of a game with world being literally DEAD.
    I haven't really played WoW in years. Not my style of MMO to be honest. More of an Everquest player.

So the whole rotten by convenience thing is a rather false assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I want a pony. I don't care if he cant run fast. I want a pretty pony.

I want a moose ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    That wasn't mounts, that was things like the dungeonfinder. Uptill then you had to actually ride to the dungeon inorder to enter it, now it's sit in org and wait for it to pop up.

_________

But yeah mounts would be nice, give me more stuff to collect.

\o/ GIEF MOAR COLLECTABLES \o/
    Last edited by mmocf5558b9282; 2012-08-07 at 03:09 PM.

Some of you aren't reading my OP well enough.

We all know that waypoints nullify the need for mounts. But from an aesthetic/cosmetic point of view Anet might include them. Not to mention the opportunity to fatten their wallets a little if they add them to the gem store.

Whether they go 10/20/50 percent faster than on foot is another matter.

I personally want a Rock Borer Worm

While the waypoints are really convenient, sometimes you just wanna get asap to a specific place and the waypoints just aren't enough. I can live without it, but in some specific circumstances I would love to have a mount.

And I didn't know about player housing and Guild Halls being planed for the game, that's really awesome to know.

Isn't personal district or whatever it is called in capital cities kinda personal housing? I'd like to see ground mounts in game. Mount farming is a good time filler when you have nothing to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    More of an Everquest player.
    We need jboots! Ancient Cyclops beware!

Quote Originally Posted by Zemenar View Post
    We need jboots! Ancient Cyclops beware!
    Oh god, the spawn rate. /camp