Asrock Z77 Exteme4 and SSD question

Stupid question sorry. Where the heck do I plug in my Crucial M4 SSD on the Extreme 4? I know it's the grey ports but is there one optimal to plug into? Also do all they grey ports take advantage of Intel Rapid Storeage Technology or only certain ports do? Last question sorry. Does using Intel Rapid Storeage Technology really make a improvement in SSD speeds? Here's a pic for reference http://www.xbitlabs.com/picture/?src...board4_big.jpg
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.5 GHz | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series | EVGA GTX 780SC with ACX cooler| Crucial M4 128GB | Samsung 840 256GB| Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB |Western Digital 1 TB Black | CM Hyper 212 Evo (with a push/pull config) | Fractal Design Arc Midi | SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze | Corsair K60 | Razor Naga |JVC HARX900 | BenQ RL2455 | Samsung Syncmaster S24B300

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Plug it in the bottom ones, the top are the Asmedia controller, likely slower. You want to use the ones that are fed from the Z77 chipset.

The ones with SATA 3_0_1 listed and not SATA 3_A0_A1.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Plug it in the bottom ones, the top are the Asmedia controller, likely slower. You want to use the ones that are fed from the Z77 chipset.

The ones with SATA 3_0_1 listed and not SATA 3_A0_A1.
    What he said!, expect a little side note, it really doesnt matter which you put it into but knowing which you did does! Catch what im laying down?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    What he said!, expect a little side note, it really doesnt matter which you put it into but knowing which you did does! Catch what im laying down?
    That's a little much. ;p Think it is easier just to say to plug it into the Z77 port. I am not sure how Asmedia fairs in comparison to say the Marvell ports on some of Asus' Sandy mobos, but I know those were a little slower for some reason, so yeah. :P

I suppose I should give what info I know about Rapid Storage Tech.... I think it makes things smoother? lol I'm not 100% sure about it, but having it enabled is a good thing, for sure.
    "A flower.

That's a little much. ;p Think it is easier just to say to plug it into the Z77 port. I am not sure how Asmedia fairs in comparison to say the Marvell ports on some of Asus' Sandy mobos, but I know those were a little slower for some reason, so yeah. :P

I suppose I should give what info I know about Rapid Storage Tech.... I think it makes things smoother? lol I'm not 100% sure about it, but having it enabled is a good thing, for sure.
    Well I was saying whichever he uses he should take note for any bios changes etc. Sucks to open up your case again cuz you didnt look the first time lol. Which makes me wonder wtf port I have my 2tb in atm sob.

Thanks guys...looks like it's plug into the SATA_AO slot right now...guess I'll shut down the comp. and change it around.
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.5 GHz | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series | EVGA GTX 780SC with ACX cooler| Crucial M4 128GB | Samsung 840 256GB| Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB |Western Digital 1 TB Black | CM Hyper 212 Evo (with a push/pull config) | Fractal Design Arc Midi | SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze | Corsair K60 | Razor Naga |JVC HARX900 | BenQ RL2455 | Samsung Syncmaster S24B300

Any of the grey Sata6Gbps ports are fine to plug into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c0rnel View Post
    Any of the grey Sata6Gbps ports are fine to plug into.
    As I said above, the bottom two grey ports are likely a better set for the OP to plug into, as they are not going through an extra chipset, rather the main Z77 one and are likely to be faster.
    "A flower.

As I said above, the bottom two grey ports are likely a better set for the OP to plug into, as they are not going through an extra chipset, rather the main Z77 one and are likely to be faster.
    Sure that works too. Nothing wrong with that.