Rise of the Triad 2012 Remake

Exciting!

I don't know. New FPS's these days are just bad, since they lack any innovation what so ever, and are just generic shooters that have old IP attached to them and branded a remake. Syndicate, for example, wasn't anything special.

If they do it right, and they get the [pi]feeling[/i] the original had then it will be awesome. I did notice a lot of weapons from the original game in there, but by god... if I do not have eyeballs raining down in front of my screen after unloading a drunken missile launcher I would not be pleased
    RETH

Can't be worse than the latest Duke Nukem game.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Can't be worse than the latest Duke Nukem game.
    Quoted for truth. Hopefully it'll be the game that Forever wanted us to believe it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I did notice a lot of weapons from the original game in there, but by god... if I do not have eyeballs raining down in front of my screen after unloading a drunken missile launcher I would not be pleased
    http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...er-conventions

(Sidenote: Exploded foes' eyeballs aren't yet sliding down the screen, though the developer promised this functionality would be added.)

Looks like you're getting your wish.

I cant really get excited for this since at the time of its release it wasnt anything special.

I'd rather a remade heretic/hexen/shadow warrior or blood.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    I cant really get excited for this since at the time of its release it wasnt anything special.

I'd rather a remade heretic/hexen/shadow warrior or blood.
    I think Blood's had its day, after Chosen and that nonsense. Hexen or Heretic though... with the Rage engine or better... Now we're talking.

Meh. Skelington enjoyed the original R.O.T.T. when he was a kid, but he's no interest in a remake. Just another FPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL I havent thought about this game in decades, that is awesome. I hope that they have all the body parts and shit flying past the screen like in the original.

Deleted
    I love Rise of the Triad... but this will turn into a much bigger failure then Duke Nukem Forever was. No, just leave it alone

Quake Con panel has been uploaded.