Best change to Prot in beta IMO...

Making Divine Protection 40% magic reduction as baseline. So nice to get that glyph slot back, and will be much less aggravating when I'm on a DPS alt doing a pug raid with a paladin tank...

*bad pally pug tank dies on heroic Yorsahj*
    Me: "Hey, are you popping DP when Void Bolt stacks up?"
    Tank: "Uh, yeah"
    Me: "Do you have it glyphed?"
    Tank: "...no"
    Me: "Here's a Dust of Disappearance, switch it in."
    Tank: "...I don't have it learned"

/facepalm

Deleted
    Yeah it's nice and all, but now we can have people doing the opposite (works both ways, physical dmg does exist).

Also I don't really (no offence) see the direction of this thread. What is it that you want to discuss?
    Last edited by mmoc8b393fc574; 2012-08-07 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heck, Yor'sahj is probably the only example this tier where having that glyph is a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Heck, Yor'sahj is probably the only example this tier where having that glyph is a good idea.
    I'd argue in favour of Zon'ozz for it too, and probably Hagara because you can then soak an entire Ice Lance without making your overprotective raid leader moan on vent.. *grumble grumble* - or maybe that's just me. Ultraxion too I'd probably use it for just for the high uptime and the majority of the damage is spell, he doesn't melee that hard, but that last one is so marginal (and also such a joke) that it's not worth the dust of disappearence.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could argue, but is it honestly worth it. I probably ran the glyph on zon'ozz, but the difference isn't a lot, even at 0%, despite the burst damage he can put out (20% off his melee + 20% off his psychic drain amount to roughly the same)

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I'd argue in favour of Zon'ozz for it too
    Considering at least 60% of incoming damage on Zon'ozz is physical (with the rest of it being broken down into many smaller components and Psychic Drain at about 10%) and we have alternative options (Mirror of Broken Images) for burst magical damage reduction, nah. It's far from optimized on that fight.

As for Hagara, you can play that right so you never have an Ice Lance being shot at a soaker.

I dislike the swap of Divine Protection. Very seldom do I rely on the cooldown to reduce incoming magical damage - Yor'sajh was the only fight where I even considered it this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    You don't soak on Ultra? You've never gotta Searing Plasma during a amalg burn-down at 9 stacks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    You don't soak on Ultra? You've never gotta Searing Plasma during a amalg burn-down at 9 stacks?
    I use divine protection on cooldown for ultraxion, as his physical damage is still the larger part of my damage taken. As a protection paladin, there's plenty of other cooldowns I can use for soaking hour of twilight, as outside of the last ~20% there isn't a lot of place to use them anyway.

Also, if the amalg is on 9 stacks, and I'm tanking it, I sure as hell want all the physical damage reduction I can get.

My statement wasn't a general paladin one, it applied to protection only, and Yor'Sahj is the only encounter in this tier that has extremely dangerous magical damage, vastly so compared to any other boss.

You've never gotta Searing Plasma during a amalg burn-down at 9 stacks?
    Tanks are never targeted for Searing Plasma.

Tanks get the Searing Plasma debuff as often as healers get Fading Light.

What do you mean "get that glyph slot back"? More often then not you'll be using the glyph in MoP.

I see it as one of the worst changes because I think in general I will want barkskin and not 'magic wall'. Near permanent -1 glyph slot.

Deleted
    it would be nice if they make it so that you get back the 20% physic damage with a glyph and make the 40% magic damage baseline.
    Or ther's already a glyph to do that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flattire View Post
    it would be nice if they make it so that you get back the 20% physic damage with a glyph and make the 40% magic damage baseline.
    Or ther's already a glyph to do that?
    That's exactly how it is in mop.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkiri View Post
    That's exactly how it is in mop.
    I wish there was an easier way of doing that instead of a mediocre glyph that takes up a glyph slot.