Page 30 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The first tier of Cata was essentially tBC style gaming. People bitched about it so much that they changed it.

I very, very seriously doubt that we have much credibility in Blizzards eyes in terms of "What we think we want" these days as a result.

As for a "Massive outcry", there is no larger a cry than there ever was - which is very small. There is more complaining about the "good old days of WotLK" than a cry for a return to Outland.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    They did, Cataclysm was by all intents and purposes suppose to be Burning Crusade 2.0

They lost 3 million subs since, it was a gigantic mistake. Then they turned Cata into WotLK 2.0 in order to not lose more subs.

You got what you wanted, but it sure as hell aint what the majority wanted.
    Ofcourse it failed. TBC dungeons with LFD with random noobs and idiots. Mixing experienced players with noobs and smart players with dumb players and english speaking players with non english speaking players and then expect everything will work out...
    And everyone was used to 10 minute AoE fest dungeons.

WotLK and LFD were a gigantic mistake.

'We' didn't get at all what 'we' wanted.

pff cs 1.6 sucks! pleaseeee bring back cs 1.3

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Ofcourse it failed. TBC dungeons with LFD with random noobs and idiots. Mixing experienced players with noobs and smart players with dumb players and english speaking players with non english speaking players and then expect everything will work out...
    And everyone was used to 10 minute AoE fest dungeons.

WotLK and LFD were a gigantic mistake.

'We' didn't get at all what 'we' wanted.
    Why do people not just write "I"...really?

I don't want TBC or old WoW back, I don't want WOTLK back, I didn't find Cataclysm to be bad and I am looking forward to Mists of Pandaria. I made a choice early on to not do LFR, I didn't run LFD for months whilst raiding since there was no use. I prefer to do LFD with my friends.

I can't speak for ANYONE but myself.

I agree 100% with this Kreeb, y'all are being idiots and not realizing the millions of people that quit cause the lil kids and people that like an easy game where you can get your butt handed to you by an 8 year old that mashes buttons. And as for Into and Gilian, thats due to the fact that since WOTLK most of the people that did play then quit from BC because of what I just said. You Don't have to work hard at all to be able to do anything in the game now. When LFR came on I got a 1 week back in the game and got 3 toons massively geared in the week I got back without a problem.

Yes, there is a 200 page thread. No - not everyone in there wishes TBC style raiding back. What people seem to forget ist what it says in my quote: No matter what you see in the forums, it is a fraction of the players in the game. They have data from the beginning of Classic and they know beyond a doubt where players are, what players do, where players go and how much time they spend doing so.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexitor View Post
    "How things were" always seems better than "how things are".
    I play other games too. Some games actually become better. This game did not become batter after WotLK was released and subscription numbers show it.
    In Cataclysm they wanted to bring back the hard dungeons etc. If they would have thought that over another time they could have figured out by themselves that people who are used to 10 minute dungeons where you can afk in won't like 1 hour dungeons where they actually have to try. And that LFD doesn't work with hard dungeons. They never really brought back TBC or what 'hardcore' players wanted. Cataclysm was maybe worse than WotLK. They made a mistake with WotLK and in Cataclysm they made it even worse and now they are just going to milk it by making this game for people who like to play Angry Birds to pass the time.

---------- Post added 2012-08-08 at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Why do people not just write "I"...really?

I don't want TBC or old WoW back, I don't want WOTLK back, I didn't find Cataclysm to be bad and I am looking forward to Mists of Pandaria. I made a choice early on to not do LFR, I didn't run LFD for months whilst raiding since there was no use. I prefer to do LFD with my friends.

I can't speak for ANYONE but myself.
    Why can't people read my quote before quoting me... really?

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    The first tier of Cata was essentially tBC style gaming. People bitched about it so much that they changed it.

I very, very seriously doubt that we have much credibility in Blizzards eyes in terms of "What we think we want" these days as a result.

As for a "Massive outcry", there is no larger a cry than there ever was - which is very small. There is more complaining about the "good old days of WotLK" than a cry for a return to Outland.
    This, in in the start of Cata, it was "going back being hard like in TBC", and Tier 11 was pretty hard, and so was heroics. They made several blogs about explaining the difficulty, but it seems like they in the end caved in, probably because of the large majority that was no longer silent when their game got touched. Honestly, Cata suffered from trying to do an 180 in the middle of it all, plus the massive remake for 1-60 zones, leaving room for not nearly as much endgame stuff to do.
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    CATA - people bitch and whine about content being too easy; LFR ruins the game; there is no end game apart from heroic raids; yadda yadda yadda...

MISTS - people want TBC like raiding again... what?
    Some corrections here;

CATA - People bitch and whine about heroic raids being too hard. Bliz over corrected by making DS too easy. LFR did not ruin the game, it may of ruined your gaming experience but it didn't ruin my guilds experience.

Mists - Some people want TBC like raiding again... How many 'some' are is debatable as this forum is not a good reflection of wow players opinions on the matter.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-08-08 at 02:23 PM.

Personally, I don’t like the game as it is right now. I haven’t tried Mists of Pandaria, but I hope it is better.

You don't make a game change to your wishes, you find a game that is according to your wishes.
    Live in fear, for the bullsquirrel is near.

The entire internet needs to be aware of this

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yes, there is a 200 page thread. No - not everyone in there wishes TBC style raiding back. What people seem to forget ist what it says in my quote: No matter what you see in the forums, it is a fraction of the players in the game. They have data from the beginning of Classic and they know beyond a doubt where players are, what players do, where players go and how much time they spend doing so.
    But do they have data showing how much fun players are having? Because surely that's what counts. You could have a game where only 1% of players can do the top raid but still everybody's having fun, and you could have a game where 100% of the players see everything but they're all bored and whining and quitting. Fun can't be quantified with straight-up data, and trying to use statistics to measure fun is a dangerous logical minefield.

There is a huge difference between TBC and WotLK. And I have never heard anyone complain during TBC about how hard everything was.

As Raid Leader of guild that killed Kil'Jaden before nerfs I can't honestly believe in this statement.

Fluffy Kitten
    This is something that was already half attempted with the increase in the difficulty of heroics at the start of Cata. The amount of crying about the effort required resulted in nerfs.

I don't think that they'll do anything at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotton123 View Post
    I agree 100% with this Kreeb, y'all are being idiots and not realizing the millions of people that quit cause the lil kids and people that like an easy game where you can get your butt handed to you by an 8 year old that mashes buttons. And as for Into and Gilian, thats due to the fact that since WOTLK most of the people that did play then quit from BC because of what I just said. You Don't have to work hard at all to be able to do anything in the game now. When LFR came on I got a 1 week back in the game and got 3 toons massively geared in the week I got back without a problem.
    If this was the case everyone would of quit every MMO in existance.

Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    But do they have data showing how much fun players are having? Because surely that's what counts. You could have a game where only 1% of players can do the top raid but still everybody's having fun, and you could have a game where 100% of the players see everything but they're all bored and whining and quitting. Fun can't be quantified with straight-up data, and trying to use statistics to measure fun is a dangerous logical minefield.
    Now this is quote worthy

Data is cool, but you can't have data on everything
    Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    "The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

I see it as this. I am a casual player. I just joined the forums to post here actually.

I quit CATA back during tier 11 because it became way to hard for my basic level of skill play. I keyboard turn and click.

LFD works for me because I don't have time to find enough guild members or random people in trade who want to. LFD let's me continue to play and do what I want while I wait for a team to be formed. That's a lot better than sitting in SW doing nothing for 15 or more minutes only to get a group together, walk to the instance. Wait for someone else to get there to help summon. Finally get the group in the dungeon to wipe on the first boss. Have peope leave, have to fly back to sw and try to get missing party members to do it all over again.

If you don't like LFD and LFR don't use them. They are there to help casuals like me.

Yeah you get noobs in groups. I got a priest on one of my alts groups last night that needed on a tank ring because he didn't have a ring. He also kept casting that 60minute priest button every 5 seconds and then yell at the tanks for taking on more than 2 adds at once because he was running out of mana.

Blizzard has more customers like me than hardcore gamers. That's why they added things like pet battles and farming to the game.

Brag that you can do heroic content. Don't whine that all content isn't challenging enough to you. If blizzard made everything as hard as the hardcore gamers want they'd have less than 3million subscribers if that.

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Massive?

Ah yeah sometimes there is this vocal minority whining about it ..

No, blizzard is happy with the mayority of the happy customers.
    yeah man Blizzard are real happy seeing 1.1 million people leave in just 1 quarter of a year

Have fun watching MMO's die. MMO(RPG)'s are not about fast loot without interacting with other players. They are more about getting to know other people and play together with them. LFD and LFR only makes it harder to actually have fun because playing games with friends is the most fun. I rather play tetris with friends than do LFR with a bunch of morons and trolls. Doesn't matter how pretty Deathwing looks.
    You can still get to know others and play with them except now you have to invest only more and more into it.
    You do realize that every MMO that came out trying to appeal to WoW's hardcore audience has flopped fantastically, right? Hardcores make up less than 8% of the player base and the gaming industry as a whole, MMOs included, shifted toward a more casual market about four or five years ago. All Blizzard's doing is the same they've always done 'cept for Cata--adapt with the market to offer the most accessible, casual-friendly MMO on the shelves.

As for your assertions, those are subjective. I find it much more fun to actually play the game than to sit in guild chat bugging guildies to do runs they're sick to death of just because there's a huge upgrade in there for my alt or sitting in Trade for two hours trying to put a group together, spending 10-20 minutes just to get there, and wait another 10-20 for someone else to leave the city to join me at the stone, only for the group to fall apart after the first boss when the healer ragequits, rinse and repeat. I find LFR is tons of fun, too: I can put on some Bach and kill an afternoon going at a fairly easy pace on my own time.

Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

Most people left because there has been no new content in months.