Interaction with a game master

Hi!

My account got locked for some reason and my email-address registered on my account is no longer available, so I needed to call the blizzard support line to fix it. The guy I spoke to was helpful and all that, and he sent me an email telling me that I needed to reply with some information about my account and photo identification. Thats alright, but mail came from "noreply@blizzard.com", so I have great doubts that this information will ever reach the GM.

Has the GM made a mistake? Or is this normal?
    Last edited by tankbug; 2012-08-25 at 09:43 AM.
    Mother pus bucket!

Check the email header (In hotmail you right click on the message and select "View message source"). You can post the first 13 lines and I'll see if it's legit or not.

An example:
    Fake email has this line:
    Received: from blizzard.net ([61.219.54.120]) by BAY0-MC3-F37.Bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4900);

Real email has this line:
    Received: from ext-smtp11.eu.battle.net ([80.239.186.47]) by SNT0-MC2-F15.Snt0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4900);

The fake one is send from blizzard.net (Which isn't a legit blizzard server), while the real is from eu.battle.net which is rather legit.
    Last edited by zyx; 2012-08-25 at 10:00 AM.

Thanks for the reply. I have confirmed that the e-mail is legit.

The support line is full, so I can't reach them, but I guess that the GM forgot to include the reply-email.

...sigh
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Use this reply-email.

(WoWbillingsupportEU)(blizzard)(com)

I cant post email/link. I hope that you put together for this.

Thanks for your you suggestion. I tried it, but got this reply:

This email address is no longer active; we will not be able to reply to this support request. To find out how to contact Blizzard Customer Service, please read through the information presented below.

Thank you for emailing Blizzard Customer Service.

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide you with the best possible service, we are proud to announce the launch of our new Blizzard Customer Service website:
    https://www.battle.net/support

The Blizzard Customer Service website allows you to access all support contacts in one convenient location, including web, in-game, and phone support. You’ll also be able to quickly and easily check the status of your customer service request.

We ask that all customer service requests are made through the Blizzard Customer Service website. To submit your question(s), please go to https://www.battle.net/support

For all other Blizzard Service contacts, please visit http://www.blizzard.com/support/article/cs
    Regards,
    Customer Service
    Blizzard Entertainment

---------- Post added 2012-08-25 at 12:23 PM ----------

UPDATE:

I called the GM again, and he said that I needed to make a new battle.net account and submit my ticket from there.
    So now I'll wait and see.
    Mother pus bucket!