Poll: What is your opinion on body hair

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcanemage View Post
    South Mississippi, It's more of a joke lol I know plenty of people that can't grow a beard.. It's just the majority of guys around here, including myself, always have beards.
    Yeah, I was just curious, as I have the impression that northern-type of people(as in, looks that indicate that they have roots in the northern-areas of the world) are more likely to have less hair-growth, while people with roots in southern areas are more like to have a decent chunk of hair. It's just an impression though, so naturally I got curious when I read your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Body hair, I don't think is social suicide, but apparently facial hair definitely is. Which annoys the fuck out of me as I prefer to have hair on my face.
    It probably depends a lot on where you are.
    Here on the US West Coast, it's pretty common.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Some people like it, some people hate it. Definitely not 'social suicide' to be unshaven in the slightest.

If you like your hair, go for it. You'll find a partner who does as well. If you don't, get rid of it. It's all up to you at the end of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I consider men that shave their legs and chest odd, not the other way around.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Deleted
    If you find it to be social suicide, you need a better surrounding. Fo'sho.

I like my beard, I miss it when I shave it off and it grows back so amazingly slow.

Somehow my brothers kids are absolutely fascinated with the my chesthair that sometimes show when I wear a v-neck. They pull on it and I just tell them to ask their mother if they can pull on hers instead. XD

Deleted
    Most girls don't dig bodyhair on a man, sure there are some that do but the majority of the female population likes their men shaved up, yes also the intimate areas

Basically if you want to improve your chances with the ladies go buy a razorblade and use it, if men are complaining about your bodyhair then who cares
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2012-08-07 at 09:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dawdiiio View Post
    Somehow my brothers kids are absolutely fascinated with the my chesthair that sometimes show when I wear a v-neck. They pull on it and I just tell them to ask their mother if they can pull on hers instead. XD
    Oh dear, I bet she loves you for saying that .

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Yeah, I was just curious, as I have the impression that northern-type of people(as in, looks that indicate that they have roots in the northern-areas of the world) are more likely to have less hair-growth, while people with roots in southern areas are more like to have a decent chunk of hair. It's just an impression though, so naturally I got curious when I read your comment.
    You know I get the same feeling as well. Though it doesn't really make sense because northern areas are generally colder and southern areas closer to the equator are hotter..I know its hell on earth for me travelling home with a ton of body hair and a beard (not to mention a truck with no air conditioning lol).

I guess its just one of those mysteries..

You shouldn't care. Sometimes I hate this century of sexual insecurity. People (men) hardly gave a fuck before beyond the minimum requirement for a certain image. I don't think Alexander went to bed wondering if his bear was too long today.
    I liek fysix

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcanemage View Post
    You know I get the same feeling as well. Though it doesn't really make sense because northern areas are generally colder and southern areas closer to the equator are hotter..I know its hell on earth for me travelling home with a ton of body hair and a beard (not to mention a truck with no air conditioning lol).

I guess its just one of those mysteries..
    Yeah, it's basicly the only thing I find going against it too. Though, I guess it could be blamed on us northern people dressing up in pretty heavy clothes, which could have stripped down the need for hair over the years... because our clothing took over that job. Even in our faces(scarfs etc.). People in the south would wear less clothes, allowing their hair to grow freely pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    I hate it when men have hairy asses, blegh. the rest of the body i cant care about too much. except for armpits, hair there rly needs to gtfo
    I'd shave it if I could.Little awkward going "Hey man, could you shave my ass?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goki View Post
    You shouldn't care. Sometimes I hate this century of sexual insecurity. People (men) hardly gave a fuck before beyond the minimum requirement for a certain image. I don't think Alexander went to bed wondering if his bear was too long today.
    This century?

Sexual "Insecurity" have always been a part pf society. What is concidered as sexy, just happens to change from time to time. Just a few hundred years ago, you were not sexy if you weren't fat. To take that as an example. That totally goes against today's ideal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like facial hair. Chest hair and stuff....it bugs me but I know it's acceptable. People that say you're not a man if you don't have facial hair is....ignorant so to speak.

I'll never understand why body hair is so frowned upon. If it wasn't supposed to be there, it wouldn't be.

Like honestly, try showing up to a job interview with a mountain man beard and see if you don't leave disappointed.

And I seriously doubt that you'll have to shave off your lower back hair if you want to meet new people. Also, LOL at "ass beard". xD

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Body hair, I don't think is social suicide, but apparently facial hair definitely is. Which annoys the fuck out of me as I prefer to have hair on my face.
    And then this is where you say "Fuck you society!" and grow a fine and mighty warrior beard! RAWR!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Most girls don't dig bodyhair on a man, sure there are some that do but the majority of the female population likes their men shaved up, yes also the intimate areas

Basically if you want to improve our chances with the ladies go buy a razorblade and use it, if men are complaining about your bodyhair then who cares
    Actually it's split pretty evenly on what women prefer, and most don't have a preference as long as the guy is clean.
    I personally like men with hair (minus tons of back hair), I find beards on guys my age to be sexy. As long as they can actually grow a beard and its not in patches.

For guy's being hairless I find it weird, unless you need to for a sport or it's just your genetics, like most Asian men don't have much body hair.
    From my experience the ones that shave all of their hair off are too into themselves and are higher maintenance than some women. In that case I rather date a woman.

However! I think everyone needs to keep their naughty bits at least trimmed if not shaved. No one likes to get hair in their mouth.
    Last edited by galaxiah; 2012-08-07 at 09:23 PM.

Sylvari Necromancer

10+ Year Old Account
    i love my body hair , im like a fckin bear (im a big, hairy dude with belly), mock my body hair , be prepared to be mocked back^^

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    This century?

Sexual "Insecurity" have always been a part pf society. What is concidered as sexy, just happens to change from time to time. Just a few hundred years ago, you were not sexy if you weren't fat. To take that as an example. That totally goes against today's ideal.
    So true. Much in attraction is based on the cultures and surroundings to which you have been exposed. It's even true across different cultures in the same era, including today.

I get really annoyed at the generalizations people make... "Nobody likes <X>". If you've identified it, there's probably people who find it attractive. And it is foolish to assume that everyone's tastes are in lock-step.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't care less. From a friendship perspective I don't even care if they look like Cousin It, I wouldn't look down on them or make fun of them. From a relationship standpoint I still don't really care, though I probably wouldn't be interested in Cousin It for a relationship unless they were a truly remarkable person under all that fur. As long as they have good personal hygiene. Shaving/waxing/etc is all personal preference.

If some of your friends think that you have some body hair will prevent you from making new friends/meeting new people/whatever then I'd have to say your friends are a little odd, no offense.

Sorry, I know I shouldn't, but I couldn't help it when I read the thread Title: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.ca...verything.html

Now picture Alot of Body Hair!

As for my opinion on the matter, guess it really comes down to personal preference, and "how much is too much". If you literally look like a gorilla, that is probably too much.