Deleted

Character recustomization after creation?

Does anyone know if you will be able to recustomize your character somehow after creating it?

(WoW Barber shop)

?

10+ Year Old Account
    No confirmations on such a feature, but If I had to guess how such a feature would be implemented, it would probably be through the gem store (cash shop) like it was in GW1.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Yeah, pretty much a perfect feature for the cash shop.

Likely to be as GW1, a cash shop option. But who knows. I haven't seen much on it one way or the other.

Deleted
    Oh okay, in gw1 was it expensive? Aprox how much and did u get a FULL recustomization? (Race/Sex ext)

10+ Year Old Account
    In GW1 it was 9.99usd for a full overhaul of your character. It's not bad, I think WoW's is 15.00usd (for comparative purposes)
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-08-07 at 09:26 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    In GW1 it was 9.99usd for a full overhaul of your character. It's not bad, I think WoW's is 15.00usd?
    Well in WoW they had the barbershop but that was only for a different hair style and color. Not sure what the price was for a character overhaul. In GW1 you also got 5 changes for that price (where as in wow it was only one change).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping they do give players ways to change up a few basic things, like hair style, without having to pay gems.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I'm hoping they do give players ways to change up a few basic things, like hair style, without having to pay gems.
    I agree. I do think they should have hair style bundles exclusively on the gem store too, because that's a great form of revenue that I'd totally buy.

Deleted
    I could certainly see them putting in a free barbershop with the default hair styles. Then allowing you to buy unique hair styles, probably in sets, through the gem store. That'd be a pretty nice middle ground I feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haasth View Post
    I could certainly see them putting in a free barbershop with the default hair styles. Then allowing you to buy unique hair styles, probably in sets, through the gem store. That'd be a pretty nice middle ground I feel.
    This seems a reasonable option thus leaving other ways of recustomization (race change) for the cah shop.
    Arukas

I’m not entirely convinced they would allow race changes in GW2 since your race is so tied up (and what drives your personal story). To race change halfway through the game would in theory negate or make irrelevant all the choices in the story quests you’ve done so far. Choices that impact your home zone in the capitol city would have to be transferred to a new race, which may not always work as desired.