Deleted

canyourunit programs give false reports?

So earlier today I checked if my PC could run max payne 3 and prototype 2. 2 different programs told me that i cant run both games because my CPU doesnt pass the minimum requirements. But to test i've downloaded the game ( I don't pirate, it was just to test if I can trust canyourunit programs or not, I deleted it right after playing 10 minutes). I could play the game perfectly fine with normal graphics on 1280x768.

Aspire 8930G laptop

Intel core duo processor T5800 @ 2.00 GhZ

nvidia geforce 9600M GS turbocache

vista 32 bit

4 GB DDR3

So why do ALL those programs say I cant run it while I can run it fine? is there a possible way to know if I can run it before downloading it first?

CYRI compares your hardware to what it says on the box, and if the box says you can't, then you can't. They do not test actual games.

Most new games don't officially support old crap, but in some cases you might get lucky and it works at playable speed. In your case probably because your laptop has rather high end GPU and small resolution.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Because you're running the game on normal graphical settings with a resolution of 1280x768 which is crap.

The recommended resolution is 1920x1080 with high video settings which is something your system won't run or barely run.

Plus you have Vista. Win 7 is faster.

So to answer the question no it's not lying.

Deleted
    I've done more tests. I can run EVERY game which says my CPU is too bad. I can't run games where my GFX is too low (only with RAGE). But how can I know if I can run it or not?

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    I've done more tests. I can run EVERY game which says my CPU is too bad. I can't run games where my GFX is too low (only with RAGE). But how can I know if I can run it or not?
    You wont have an issue running most things w/ a dog low resolution, but keep in mind some games wont even let you install unless you meet the criteria.