Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I prepurchased so I get to play from 8am Saturday morning my time. I'm at work Saturday from 8am til 4pm. I go to work because I'm a responsible adult and not a complete fuck up, the game will still be there for me when I get back. There's no need to rush GW2, because there's no endgame to rush to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    I go to work because I'm a responsible adult and not a complete fuck up, the game will still be there for me when I get back.
    Ehr...what?

Example;
    It's really busy at work. You have to stay late and work overtime.
    Instead of getting payed for this, you save up hours that you get to spend later.

It's holiday season; there's nothing to do at work.

Oh hey, you saved up a lot of hours by working overtime, maybe now's a good time to spend those hours?

Nah, if you do that you'll be "irresponsible and a complete fuck up."
    Right?

There's no need to rush GW2, because there's no endgame to rush to.
    Some people disagree. In WvW level 80's will have an advantage (small, but still ) over low level players.
    There's no PvE endgame to rush to though.

There are just some players that want to see all the content right away. Maybe because MOP is a month away?
    Maybe because they are just so excited about this game?

Retired... so ill be playing untill my eyes bleed, Also hopeing my Blackmagic camera turns up this weekend!! if so Guild Wars 2 will be taking a side seat.

Mmm maybe both, hell the camera wont even turn up so its all good \o/.

Deleted
    My first days of school are always an hour or so shorter than normal so I'll be rejecting all my friends after-school for the most part. XD

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    I'm a responsible adult
    Your lack of courtesy and manners suggests otherwise.
    Last edited by mmoc6392c07600; 2012-08-09 at 02:18 PM.

Work, RL > Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I'll say again that I can't imagine what kinds of jobs all the, "Responsible Adults" in this thread work at. In every adult/professional job I've ever had, I ended up with so much paid vacation and sick time built up that the organizations not only gave it to you, they had policies requiring you to take it at some point.
    I think it depends on the country/continent a lot aswell. In Europe the employee is much better protected and has better rights and priviledges, atleast in the north/west of Europe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    Well the game needs to last some time ... overdoing things are always bad ( imo ) and unless you are one of those that want to race for x first, best thing would be to play when you have spare time
    When you look back in a year or 2 when you are lvling alt number 7, that 3 days you took off *sick * from work or whatever realy did you nothing good.
    I laughed so hard... dude, u got it all wrong

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    I was under the assumption that this was a more casual game. This isnt like a Rift launch or a new WoW expansion where you have to rush through everything to hit max level first. Is there even a reason to rush? In Rift I did it because I was able to make 1000s of plat being one of the only high level tailors on the server and making bags and other armors. in WoW the first 2 days during Cata launch I made 300k gold from mining/herbing because I was the only person in that zone mining high end ore and herbs. Someone please give me a reason to rush through this game so I can ask for some time off lol.
    Well, I understand your assumption...but I don't agree that to rush is the only reason to take a block of time off to play.

I've mentioned this in another thread, but will repeat by way of explanation - I've taken a week off to play...this is because I'm excited about a game I've waited a very long time for...but also, and importantly, so that I have a nice block of time to immerse myself and take it easy.

I have a full-time job...and train etc a lot of evenings, so gaming through the week can be quite regimented...having a nice block of time to just relax in to everything and not be having to look at the clock is really appealing and something that I'm really looking forward to.

I love how this is a thread about guild wars and half the posters are talking about the wow launch.

OT: I don't see myself taking time off for MMO's again. maybe a day or two, but honestly, the more you play the faster you burn out. It's like a nice dessert. you either consume it all and are left wanting for more, or you take it slow savouring each delicious portion. there's no right or wrong.

Responsibly, it will be waiting for you when you're done work/school for the day.