Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Clearcasting no longer affects Nourish. Omen of Clarity no longer affects Nourish.
    Use Regrowth with Clearcasting if you haven't been doing so already.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2012-08-08 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damzb View Post
    Ok i understand but you obviously you care about the pve dmg and for people like me that care about dmg in pvp you telling me thats good?It's just not fair to completly nerf a class because they do lot's of dmg in pve and careless about pvp dmg...Think rationally
    one other thing i forgot to add in... about 3-4 days ago I dueled a hunter, he went into stealth and when he opened up on me i was instantly at half health (130k powershot on a plate wearer + ridiculously fast auto attacks from cooldowns and spamming the hell out of arcane shot for I dont remember how much, but enough to kill me with full 483 pvp gear b4 i could barely touch him. I don't claim to be good at pvp, but I can tell when someones burst is ridiculously high. Found a video that feels similar to what happened to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxITfb210dk

•Barrage now has a 30 yd range, down from 40. Weapon damage to secondary target doubled.

Did you mean 30 focus, down from 40 focus?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the classes are getting dmg nerfs but..where is rogue and feral changes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raar View Post
    Have you watched Method streaming raids on the main page over the last week or 2? They are a very solid guild with good members and while doing raid testing they had 3 hunters in their raid (one of each spec) and all 3 of them were pretty much always the top 3 dps except for a few gimmicky fights.

As for PvP I can't say too much other than I've done 3-4 BG's today and every one of them had hunters in at least 4 of the top 6 spots when sorting by damage done. I know that doesn't mean a real lot for pvp balance, but it does lean toward their damage being too high.
    About pvp the BG's that you were in,those hunters should be mostly of them Beast mastery everybody knew that bm's dmg was ridiculous... But that is just a dumb decision by blizzard they buffed all the 3 specs at the same time and now they figure out that the dmg is too high they should atleast nerf 2 specs and leave one on the top(or near the top)to not screw the pvp players and that spec should be MM but they don't care they just nerf all the 3 specs thats frustrating for people who mostly care about pvp you know...

---------- Post added 2012-08-08 at 04:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raar View Post
    one other thing i forgot to add in... about 3-4 days ago I dueled a hunter, he went into stealth and when he opened up on me i was instantly at half health (130k powershot on a plate wearer + ridiculously fast auto attacks from cooldowns and spamming the hell out of arcane shot for I dont remember how much, but enough to kill me with full 483 pvp gear b4 i could barely touch him. I don't claim to be good at pvp, but I can tell when someones burst is ridiculously high. Found a video that feels similar to what happened to me...
    Yeah but thats just bm class that has a good burst and i feel ok with the nerf on itand the other specc'???Marksmanship was not good before this patch imagine now...its just annoying why we are the class that get nerfed in our main abilities...(already said that i agree with bm nerf)But with all this nerfs what specc im gonna play farmer????

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Most of the classes are getting dmg nerfs but..where is rogue and feral changes?
    they were low to begin with everyone else is just being brought down
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

As it's posted, the Bear 4p change is misleading. It's a very slight buff, not a nerf. It didn't go from 10% increase to a 5% increase, it went from a multiplicative increase to an additive one. That probably won't make a ton of sense to non-math people, but trust me (a self-proclaimed math person) it's a buff.

holy shiit ,they continued nerfing locks~is it because they thought it was still not enough after they had nerfed locks so much?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they are trying to nerf all of the classes dmg as a solution for pvp burst or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    You're a few beta builds late on that.
    I know. I'm saying you shouldn't even notice the duration nerfs if you are doing it right. The damage nerfs are to be expected
    >(^v^)< <(^v^)> >(^v^)< <(^v^)> ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^ ^(^v^)v <(^v^<) <(___)> (>^v^)> <(^v^)> >(^v^)< ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^
    - Moonkin Dance: It's better than yours

My Armory

Bad touch, hell! GC totally raped Retribution!

Not that, thats any kind of new news.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplekitti View Post
    Two Words: Gold Sink.
    If people aren't going to waste gold buying 2 Tundra Mammoths or Expedition Yaks, I doubt they are going to waste time and money on another one of those mounts too. They said they would make them "Account wide" so people couple play the alt they wanted when they wanted and not be "Stuck" because of a mount, now all of a sudden this "idea has changed" because someone decided somethings should be "Unique"? Please, if you earned the mount you earned it and as such have the right to use it on any character available, this includes ones you can MAIL to an alt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some more blue posts from the Beta Class Balance Analysis, this one for hunters...
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Is there a design purpose in why aimed shot, powershot and barrage all suppress autoshot? [...] For MM in particular, it seems to conflict with the design of the mastery, since suppressing autoshot will reduce wild quiver procs and long cast time shots mean less chances for wild quiver procs as well. [...]
    Aimed Shot should feel different, like you’re distinctly pausing to precisely aim a perfect shot. That’s mostly a kit thing. In terms of gameplay, it reinforces that Arcane Shot should usually be your primary focus dump (but Aimed being a better dump during periods of high haste is cool and something that we do intend to continue supporting). Powershot was in a similar boat, but we changed our mind on that, in order to help balance the talent row; in the new build going up now it no longer interrupts Auto Shot. Barrage still seems weird to allow Autos during, but it does give you more Wild Quiver procs on average so handles the balance concern.

...And another regarding class balancing in general.
    Ret took it to the face this build. Was it 'doing more damage than intended'?
    No, just you Chaz.

We have made several adjustments based on player feedback, raid testing, and fixing some bugs. Some of the changes were made to keep secondary stats scaling appropriately and some were when specs were doing too much damage. Here's a quick cheat sheet for where we are. Even "tuned" does not mean set in stone and ready for ship.

Priest -- Shadow roughly tuned.
    Warlock -- roughly tuned except for Sacrifice.
    Mage -- roughly tuned except Arcane and Invocation.
    Druid -- Feral and Balance tuned except for Dream of Cenarius.
    Paladin -- Ret roughly tuned.
    Rogue -- tuned (but we'll look at Assassination numbers posted above).
    Shaman -- tuned.
    Hunter -- tuned.

We are working on monk, warrior and DK next.

So remember: Even though we are ever getting closer to the release date for Mists of Pandaria, there is still plenty going on behind the scenes in the beta. (And I greatly encourage people to go through at least the blue tracker version of the topic.)

Edit: Forgot to ask, but what are the links used to download future patch data from? I thought I knew them, but apparently they're not right if all I keep getting is "File not found."
    Last edited by Alayea; 2012-08-08 at 04:53 AM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    If people aren't going to waste gold buying 2 Tundra Mammoths or Expedition Yaks, I doubt they are going to waste time and money on another one of those mounts too. They said they would make them "Account wide" so people couple play the alt they wanted when they wanted and not be "Stuck" because of a mount, now all of a sudden this "idea has changed" because someone decided somethings should be "Unique"? Please, if you earned the mount you earned it and as such have the right to use it on any character available, this includes ones you can MAIL to an alt.
    Yeah, they are just defeating the purpose of this feature with the idea change.

10+ Year Old Account
    To add my 2¢ to the mounts change in this beta build... I can sort of understand why Blizzard removed their account-wide status, but I still think it would have been nice if they had stayed at account level.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Ret took it to the face this build. Was it 'doing more damage than intended'?
    No, just you Chaz.

We have made several adjustments based on player feedback, raid testing, and fixing some bugs. Some of the changes were made to keep secondary stats scaling appropriately and some were when specs were doing too much damage. Here's a quick cheat sheet for where we are. Even "tuned" does not mean set in stone and ready for ship.

Priest -- Shadow roughly tuned.
    Warlock -- roughly tuned except for Sacrifice.
    Mage -- roughly tuned except Arcane and Invocation.
    Druid -- Feral and Balance tuned except for Dream of Cenarius.
    Paladin -- Ret roughly tuned.
    Rogue -- tuned (but we'll look at Assassination numbers posted above).
    Shaman -- tuned.
    Hunter -- tuned.

We are working on monk, warrior and DK next.
    Well that is interesting, to actually label hunters as tuned when this next build is such a jump for them is quite shocking to me. Same with balance druids. Glad to see the 3 classes they still need to look at though, DKs are a bit high and Warriors are too low. Really hope Fury pulls ahead of arms for MoP... Warriors wielding 2 massive weapons is just a great sight and a waste to not be seen.

Looking good! About time the nerfs arrived.

6 arcane charges up from 4? that's kind of a big change, isn't it?

Reading paladin changes... and goes "oh f--- that, I'm playing my priest this expansion", then scrolls to priest and says "oh ffs..." lol

BTW, what's with the Draenei racials.. I thought they removed every resistance from the game

Raid & Dungeon Abilities
    Amethyst Pool Lasts 60 sec. Lasts 1.33333333333333 min.
    Why they dont just write it as 78 sec?