10+ Year Old Account

I have a suggestion for rare mounts going forward.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5104810480

I recently read some threads about these mounts and as I mention in my post, this fueled my though process. Just promoting my thread here as well because:

a) The EU forums are dead.
    b) I would obviously like to read feedback from people from the USA, China, Korea etc.

Something I missed out in my original post. Mounts from the current expansion should not be added until the expansion is over, i.e. the Pureblood Firehawk would be added in patch 5.x not 4.3. Again this might of been obvious, but I'm just covering myself. If anyone thinks this idea is stupid, please tell me why. Likewise, if you like the idea but feel it could still be improved, also please tell me why

Anyone from America especially, feel free to link my thread on your forums if it's allowed or just type up a similar version. That is, if anyone cares.

Thanks again for reading.
    Shadows are cruel.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    imo just make it 1% drop cause if you got it when it required more skill youd have it =p....but at same time theres groups butsintt heyre ass n they might only get 1-2 kills come mop and idk about them i just wish i had invincible =[

imo they should bring back pluaged and black protos as well since rusted iron bound and icc drakes are still here <--- inb4 ima special snwoflake you cant haz
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

My idea is that they add this system:

Chance for mount = (100) / (# of people in raid)

Deleted
    if they added some kind of point system like you propose and it would take me x ragnaros hc kills to get it then players who dont have the mount will say "I've already killed him that often when it was relevant, I deserve to have this mount nao".

I have a different suggestion:
    If you kill a raid endboss on heroic without outgearing it with the next higher tier you will get one mount token. You will get this mount token only once per endboss per tier and you can exchange that token for a mount from all the current raidmounts but also all previous raidmounts. This way you can always get the mount you like the most even though it is not in the game anymore (like for example black proto drake) but at the same time there is a rarity factor given because you can never have all raid mounts.

Quite honestly, I take exception to the idea behind this token system. What it sounds like you're aiming for is giving any new but current raider (i.e. yourself, I assume) access to every past prestigious mount, while making sure that non-serious raiders are still locked out of that loop. First, not every raid is equivalent. Clearing an easy tier like this one doen't say to me that someone actually earned a prestigious mount from, say, Ulduar. Therefore the actual prestige of every one of those mounts drops to the level of whichever was the easiest to earn instead of some potentially being a little more rare. Secondly, and probably more significantly, it sounds like you're trying to make it impossible to do past content to pick up easy flashy mounts. While I don't necessarily agree that trivial content should reward flashy prizes, that's definitely the way this game is now.

I think the best compromise is a combination of the current and early Wrath mount systems. Blizzard is creating so many mounts each tier that they have room to designate some as prestige mounts and leave some for those that want an easy flashy mount. Rare drop mounts are just rare drop mounts; leave them. Luck now is the same as luck later. Heroic end boss mounts are the most reliable one to leave for people to pick up later, I would think. You faceroll the boss, and your mount drops. Maybe it should be a rare drop, but I'm really not sure it matters if it's designated as a farm mount. The meta-achievement mounts are the most difficult to obtain now that they require end-boss kills, so these should simply be made unobtainable come next tier.

I don't see why there can't be a challenge to meet every raid tier with even a single lasting reward, especially now that there are so many raid mounts. They don't let you go back and faceroll old gladiator drakes.

I don't get it. It's like you want to make it easier for current raiders to get mounts from raids they may well never have even done. Isn't that counter to the whole idea of making said mounts more "exclusive" for people who farmed the content when it was relevant?

I personally don't feel they should nerf any mount drops at all. If people want to keep doing old content for mounts, I think they should be able to. Just make FOSes to keep track of people who did it when it was "hard". They get the mount for months ahead of time, they get a FOS to point out how hardcore they were, and everyone is happy.

I mean, unless people having the same thing you do makes you unhappy, to which I don't have much to say except "haw haw" from the top of my original Amani War Bear.