Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what the "healing taken from" stats are about. When I click on it, it says "healing done on" which suggests that it was healing that you received, and this is supported by other healers being below Warlock. I referred to the Healing by Spell tab, and also clicked "analyze - analyze (there is an arrow) healing done. I should really learn how to interpret these logs....

Alright, now I'm seeing excessive flash heal use compared to PoH and PoM which should both probably be higher. Prioritize Penance over Flash Heal for fast healing when you can. I save it for when penance isn't off cd when it looks like a player will die without a fast heal. Use Greater Heal and Binding heal when you can afford the longer cast, though you don't necessarily have to use Binding heal...it's just efficient when you are also taking damage. Lots of Greater Heal will boost your hps. Flash heal is very expensive to use, so that is why you were going oom, and it heals for more than Flash Heal. All I meant earlier when I said that you can "afford" to Flash Heal more, is that you have enough mana that you can get away with using it if you have to, when players may die

For single target heals I do this
    a) player going to die unless I heal now? Shield, use penance if it's off cd, Flash heal if not
    b) Player is not going to die, and needs a big heal? Penance (I use it pretty much every time it's off cd but pr), Greater Heal
    c) You are also taking damage? Binding heal
    d) Pain suppression on the tank during high damage single target phases, and also some heavy damage AoE
    e) Player likely to take damage? (e.g., you see that they have aggro or a boss ability is on their raid frame) Shield. I throw quite a few around since most players are going to be taking damage in the near future

For AoE - I use Barrier and DH only for the "oh shit" moments
    a) Barrier if stacked. It has a long CD so use it wisely. I save it for the highest AoE phases
    b) PoM the tank on cooldown, every time it's off cd during AoE damage. This is an amazing spell
    c) PoH my arse off...repeatedly. I often pop Power infusion at this time
    d) Penance for filling up very low health players that are unlikely to live with just AoE heals. Rarely Flash Heal, only if Penance isn't free
    e) Divine Hymn for heaviest AoE periods

For high movement phases (like Hagara) I do all of the above
    a) Shield
    b) PoM on cd
    c) Renew (the ONLY time I ever use it in PVE, other than movement it's not efficient. Don't use it often, it's not worth it)

Just before incoming AoE I do all of the above
    a) Blanket the raid with Shield, or the players most likely to take damage
    b) PoH repeatedly for Aegis
    c) PoM

Are you only using PoH to stack aegis? It's really good when cast repeatedly during aoe phases.

You are still only active 77.3% of the time. What are you doing during those periods? Is this from going oom, or do you find that you're slow to heal for some reason? With higher mastery you will have slower cast times, but that does not account for the low uptime. Are you using mouseover macros or a healing addon? Healing non-atonement is essentially whack-a-mole. You have to react quickly

Your glyphs/talents still need adjustments. Desparate prayer doesn't seem to be getting enough use to justify the talent points. Read my above suggestions.

Don't forget to macro Inner focus, and make other macros or use clique. Replace your regular heals with them. Read up online about macros because there are lots to learn, but once you get the hang of them they are easy.

(replace Greater Heal with this, and I did the same with Flash Heal, and PoH, just replace the spell name "Greater Heal" with whatever spell you are using). This may not be the best macro, but it's what I use
    /cast Inner Focus
    /cast [@mouseover] Greater Heal; Greater Heal

I have the /cast [@mouseover] macro on almost every spell. I have very few spells left that are not macros. Clique, from what I understand, helps you to make macros, but I've never used it so I don't fully understand how it works. Grid + Clique or Vudho are addons that you should get for sure. Decursive and Deadly Boss Mods too

I think it may be time to post this on battle.net so that decent log interpreters respond. I'm sure that there is information that I'm missing.

Read through this carefully. This guide is written by a very good Priest who is extremely active on battle.net (she will likely respond to your request for help)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3229375010

---------- Post added 2012-08-10 at 09:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    Why aren't you using glyph of PW:Shield? Replace either your Penance or Barrier glyph and 100% pick up the PW:Shield glyph. There is no reason not to have this glyph. If you're still not convinced:
    - The healing from the shield scales with the size of the shield. If your 4set procs a double bubble, you get double the instant heal!
    - In emergency situations, I tend to shield that person, Penance if it's not on CD, and Greater Heal them up. That instant heal can help save lives!
    - IT CAN CRIT! And if it crits, it will proc Divine Aegis! The best feeling in the world is getting a double bubble (~80k absorb), crit heal from the glyph for ~40k, and a DA bubble for like 15k. Numbers might be a bit skewed, but basically, this glyph is awesome. On a normal bubble of mine, it heals maybe 8k+ with no crits.
    - On my last Zon'ozz kill, PW:Shield made up for 28.7% of my healing done while the glyph made up for a whopping 7.8% (32.6% overheal)! I go a little bubble happy on this fight, so my glyph does more healing that my single target heals like GH and Penance. Why wouldn't you want free healing?!
    Yes...you need the PW: S glyph; it's your most used spell, and the glyph is awesome. You still have inner fire, and some subpar talents given your usage. Read my above comments, make the suggested adjustments, and see how that affects your healing.

---------- Post added 2012-08-10 at 09:53 AM ----------

omg so much text
    Last edited by Kirse; 2012-08-10 at 04:53 PM.
    "Healing is a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. All the healers try to gobble all the marbles up. Disc priests take the marbles off the board."

Why i used flash heal alot is due to the fact people near me (Black Phase) take so much dmg. and they drop low health. so under 40% i spam flash heal on those needed it including myself. then i go to PoH, but due to the fact they are not in my group is hard to use PoH so i am stuck with 2 things (GH or FH) Gh seems to slow to heal with for amount of dmg going out, i might lose 1 or 2 people near me, to save that i Flash heal them. Now for stacking, PoM, PW:S, GH or FH, (also healing 2 tanks on stacking), with that said black phase is where my FH get used the most, Stacking PoH & PoM is used, (sometimes not the case). i Understand the GH part of it and will be used more now that i know... As for Binding Heal another thing i havent really used much, A: Not used to it OR B: Find it weak (without using it lots is my thought).

What i want to know is from the logs witch i think i found. is how much heal i have done over all (if this makes sense), As in over all healing vs other healers, also i want to know "Is my PW:S being added to that over all healing.

how i am healing is:
    Stacking -----> PoH(Spam), PoM(On CD), PW:S (Debuff + *FH If needed*) PW:S i use pre hit from ball.
    I am healing Tank who is on Zonoz

Spreading----> PoM (On CD), PW:S (Those who i can and fast) or FH (Cuz they are low heal)
    I am suck at FH them a lot cuz there health just drops and drops, Not sure if its lack of heals to them from other healers or its myself not picking it up on heals.

WE DO NOT Dispell the debuff (Stacking and Spreading)
    Eyes have 2 people per eye +_Frails.
    1 Tank at 1 claw - Other tank at other claw
    Healers (x7) spread out around the room on the edge of the water Healing.
    we are also interrupting them when we can.

You tell me not to use PW:S as much as i am that i will stop doing using it for only *OH SH*T* moments (Black Phase seems to be Oh Sh*T).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    Why i used flash heal alot is due to the fact people near me (Black Phase) take so much dmg. and they drop low health. so under 40% i spam flash heal on those needed it including myself. then i go to PoH, but due to the fact they are not in my group is hard to use PoH so i am stuck with 2 things (GH or FH) Gh seems to slow to heal with for amount of dmg going out, i might lose 1 or 2 people near me, to save that i Flash heal them. Now for stacking, PoM, PW:S, GH or FH, (also healing 2 tanks on stacking), with that said black phase is where my FH get used the most, Stacking PoH & PoM is used, (sometimes not the case). i Understand the GH part of it and will be used more now that i know... As for Binding Heal another thing i havent really used much, A: Not used to it OR B: Find it weak (without using it lots is my thought).

-Don't use GH for AoE damage, you're right, it is too slow. I wrote you a breakdown of what I use and when, and the priority
    -Barrier if stacked
    -Shield the most at risk players asap, most of them if you have the mana, and with higher Mastery it will cut down the damage
    -at 40% health I find I have time to fit in a few PoH, which also stack aegis. That is not low enough health that you must use Flash Heal at that point. If you're not able to help certain players with PoH due to the group issue, PoM will take care of some, use Penance to fill in gaps, and the other healers will generally be able to see where more healing is needed. It will look like PoH isn't helping, but the aegis is absorbs so it doesn't appear as healing. It will prevent further damage
    -Use PoM every time on CD. It will help fill the patches. This is a priority-Don't forget that Penance is a very fast way to get someones health up. Use that before you use Flash Heal
    -after I have done all of this, if the party is still very low health (30% or so) use Divine Hymn

how i am healing is:
    Stacking -----> PoH(Spam), PoM(On CD), PW:S (Debuff + *FH If needed*) PW:S i use pre hit from ball.
    I am healing Tank who is on Zonoz
    -Replace Flash Heal with Penance in that equation. Only use FH if you don't have penance. If you have the glyph, you should have penance free most of the time. Remember pain suppression and power infusion, plus inner focus. All can help with the heavy damage and spell costs

Spreading----> PoM (On CD), PW:S (Those who i can and fast) or FH (Cuz they are low heal)
    I am suck at FH them a lot cuz there health just drops and drops, Not sure if its lack of heals to them from other healers or its myself not picking it up on heals.
    -stop relying on FH. It is your very last priority, only if you can't penance. Penance costs less, is very fast, and heals for more

You tell me not to use PW:S as much as i am that i will stop doing using it for only *OH SH*T* moments (Black Phase seems to be Oh Sh*T).
    -on the contrary, your PW: S use seems about right. I use it a ton, and even on random players when I don't know who will be taking the damage next when I am confident that I can afford the mana

---------- Post added 2012-08-10 at 10:35 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
    What i want to know is from the logs witch i think i found. is how much heal i have done over all (if this makes sense), As in over all healing vs other healers, also i want to know "Is my PW:S being added to that over all healing.
    Mouseover for details for Nive (menu pops up)> healing done. This shows where you are vs other healers. Click on Healing by Spell and it will show you your spell breakdown. HPS(e) is effective healing done. That's what you're ranked on. If you look at active time, it appears that you spend a lot more time not healing compared to the other healers. This suggests a problem..hesitating and "clicking" too slow etc. That's why I suggested the healing addons. If you are click healing instead of using mouseovers or healing macros, you essentially have to click more times than other healers to get the same results. Give yourself a day to set them up and get used to them before trying a raid again.

Get the addon "recount". It will show you your healing vs other players as you play, and there is a section that shows which of your spells you use the most and their healing done. I use this to gauge how I am doing

---------- Post added 2012-08-10 at 10:35 AM ----------

For more specific advice on heroic encounters, run a search for the boss name on the priest forums on battle.net

I'm a little confused by you asking for advice when it appears that you have completed heroic DS, but learning is continuous I guess

Read through everything I said carefully, make all the suggested changes to talents/glyphs, and read Ashleycakez's guide. Then post on battle.net priest forums for further analysis
    Last edited by Kirse; 2012-08-10 at 05:55 PM.
    "Healing is a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. All the healers try to gobble all the marbles up. Disc priests take the marbles off the board."

Yea i asking cuz its not a 30% buff and with the buff gone it shows lots more on how well you are healing a fight. brings out the "SKILLS" if you want to put it that way.

I have recount most time i am top 4 if not top 2 - 3 all depends on few things.

I use Clique to heal.. i found the mouse over macro very addictive might be why it is helping not sure.

Wasnt sure what HPS (e) **(the e stands for)** but i do now.

As for my Uptime, not sure why its low, only time i can see if its low is when i am moving from Melee group outside and run to A - B spots... Yes i run a lot, from Melee to outside of meel to 1 side of the room to the other side

Most stuff she put on the forms i read. and know about (being used in the past before this forum). so i reverting to her concept more tho, gonna finish out Ds and report back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post

I have recount most time i am top 4 if not top 2 - 3 all depends on few things.

As for my Uptime, not sure why its low, only time i can see if its low is when i am moving from Melee group outside and run to A - B spots... Yes i run a lot, from Melee to outside of meel to 1 side of the room to the other side

Most stuff she put on the forms i read. and know about (being used in the past before this forum). so i reverting to her concept more tho, gonna finish out Ds and report back.
    Ahh. I am confident that you can be #1 - #2 healer consistently with the right changes. Your gear is great, so you just need some tweaking.

Try to move less. I rarely move, and when I do I get back into place immediately and start healing. I try to cast PoM or shields when running too (if possible)

Good luck!