Thread: Need a new game

Need a new game

I can't deal with this community any longer, Its no longer fun, its no longer about the game, I'm not sure how this game got into a decline for me, maybe it was always this bad and I just was able to play through it but after my 2nd month in a row. I've tried to quit several times, my friends are never online which leaves me against thousands of feeders, bad junglers, whiners, trolls and afk'rs. So this leaves me no other option. I need a new game, I've tried DOTA2 and that just confused the shit out of me so I haven't and won't go back to that. I left World of Warcraft for League because of A: community and B: abandoned the storylines that kept me attached. I occasionally play SWTOR but maybe once a week and with it going Free to Play. Its only a matter of time before that game goes to shit or shuts down. I need a game with nearly the same competitive edge as LoL without the community, CoD was my first thought but thats a whole nother' ball game. A game that revolves around PVP, What do you guys suggest would be a fit replacement for LoL.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Thumbs up

try out guild wars 2 comes out august 28

I feel like I suggest this alot, but the best solution to league's community to queue up with 4 friends. You clearly don't like the way community is, so in short, don't deal with them anymore. It will cut down your game time a bit if you don't have alot of friends playing, but instead of being queued with people you think are awful, you get to kill those people instead. That's pretty strong motivation isn't it?

The more I ponder it, the more I can't think of anyone online game that actually has a good community. Some of the older ones sometimes (say EQ1 or even Lotro) because they don't attract younger players as much. But even in those type of games...it is more about the guild than the community as a whole...so the idea is to form your own "guild" in league of friends and don't play otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrizar View Post
    I need a game with nearly the same competitive edge as LoL without the community
    BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, nooope.
    Competitive edge begets terrible community, and there's pretty much no exceptions to this rule. Unfortunately those two are closely tied and with one comes the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken08 View Post
    try out guild wars 2 comes out august 28
    This, or Starcraft 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, nooope.
    Competitive edge begets terrible community, and there's pretty much no exceptions to this rule. Unfortunately those two are closely tied and with one comes the other.
    I dunno, I played Counter-Strike competitively in the 1.5/1.6 prime years and I never got as much crap from the community as I do in League.

Maybe it's the newer generations getting into competitive games. It kinda feels like the Xbox 360 generation has a negative social quality to it.

Check out Bloodline Champions. The community isn't so big, but it's a 100% skill based MOBA-esque arena game. It's really fun, definitely worth a look.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    I dunno, I played Counter-Strike competitively in the 1.5/1.6 prime years and I never got as much crap from the community as I do in League.

Maybe it's the newer generations getting into competitive games.
    It kinda feels like the Xbox 360 generation has a negative social quality to it.
    It is. Hell, even when I played Tibia in middle/primary school (Oy, everyone had that phase!) I did not encounter half as much asshattery as I encounter now, and Tibia is not exactly known for being an adult game. Unfortunately, nowadays those "newer generations" dominate 90% of gaming scene and with their domination comes the community we all know and hate.

Deleted
    Try HoN. The community is awesome.