Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are you sexy on the dance floor?

Because if you're not... then you should read this:

http://www.popsci.com/science/articl...s-sexy-dancing
    They recruited 19 men between the ages of 18 and 35 to bob to a German dance track while reflectors attached to the men’s clothing recorded their moves. The psychologists then used the motions logged by the reflectors to craft avatars – the same method the makers of Lord of the Rings employed to create the character Gollum, if you’re wondering – and then asked several dozen heterosexual women to rate the avatars. By having women watch 15-second snippets of faceless white creatures rather than actual men, the reasoning goes, the psychologists weeded out possible prejudices that might creep in because of physical attractiveness. (Because women are never prejudiced by looks in real life.)

The results, which appear in the online edition of the Royal Society’s Biology Letters, aren’t what you’d guess. The pelvis gets surprisingly short shrift. Instead, the researchers say, the difference between a bad dancer and good dancer comes down to the neck, torso, and right knee. Women tend to be drawn to men who move their upper bodies, use a lot of space, and vary their movements.

And this is the sexiest dance you can do to attract women:

But if you don't want to get laid, here is the worst dance you can do:

So. Hopefully we won't get anymore "why did my girlfriend leave me" threads. Problem solved!

This is me -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCjxd2rehaQ

It looks like I had a Seizure Up in the Club. I can't dance. Not at all. I can't dance. I'm too Jewish.

The top one makes me want to dance with the guy..... and I hate dancing, and guys 0_0
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been known to cut a rug in my day.

The "bad" dancer is clearly too school for cool. The top guy looks like a twat, if you danced like that in the North East of England, you'd get your legs broken!

I am the sexiest beast on the dance floor. You can't step to this.

I'm actually a 'dad dancer'. You know, the really terrible type of flailing dads do? No real sort of dance move, it's just... flailing. Yeah. That's me. I'm also 23 and have no kids, so.

Both look stupid to me.

Best thread inn a while =D Hillarious what scientiestes wont come up with.

Deleted
    The first dance seems cool lol, but I wouldn't dance that!!! LOL No way! I'm to shy to do that lol

Dance!

I don't get why this matters.

If you are looking for a lover based on dance moves in a club, you've already lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I thought I was terrible but I fit closer to the first one.

---------- Post added 2012-08-08 at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I don't get why this matters.

If you are looking for a lover based on dance moves in a club, you've already lost.
    Dancing seems silly and I feel silly doing it in public, but it is an easy social "in" even if done badly.

This is all I could think of looking through this thread

So are the lawnmower or shopping cart very effective? I wonder if they addressed those in their study.
    The earth is not a cold dead place

I shuffle, so yay I'd be getting laid then.

Extreme dancing, very fast paced very heavy.

More smooth dancing.

I can do both, but these days I'm more towards the second video.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-08-08 at 11:11 AM.

Well i get all the girls so i guess i am

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    If i somehow ended up dancing, people around me would probably mistake my "dance" for an epileptic attack. I would easily catch all the girls attention in any club, but not in a good way.

Luckily dancing isn't the only way to attract girls. :P

Deleted
    Science is the only thing i believe in currently. But just check this shit out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdR8MtM_6gQ

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't dance. Ever. Nor do I go to places where dancing might be expected.

But if I ever had to dance for my life, then I'd pick this kind of dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myJj0mNNe1Y