Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Struggling for Credits! Solid advice needed!

Anyone else find credit farming a bit of a struggle, I seem to burn through more cash then I can farm. Firstly im only able to play about 3 hours a night and maybe 3/4 hours a wend. My prio is warzones, because im farming WZ accomodations. However with the cost of Medpacks 30k a night combined with stims which are also very expensive your burning a lot , more then you really get rewarded from games. I am doing dailys on Black hole which generates about 100k a day, but at my level, i.e nearly fully war hero geared, the only items i need to buy are very expensive i.e - I need avaned armouring 26, which on the AH are a million and over! - and i know no one who can craft! - With swapping out high level mods it all ads up to a small fortune, and i just cant generate enough cash todo everything. I am lvl 400 Artifice, which i cant seem to fasion anything that really makes any good money! even the best saber gems only sell for like 20k, and it cost more to buy the materials. Im also a 400 in treasure hunting we yeilds not a lot, and i forget the other its the crystal gathering skill which also makes no money. Bit stuck really any suggestions welcome, i just needs ideas to bump up my income but also suggestions that i can apply in real terms. I.e do all the dailys it not really a viable option as i dont have 8 hours a day to play like some.

Thanks.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that to complete the entire gambit of dailies it takes way too long. If you aren't generating revenue from your professions, maybe it was time you looked into trying some different ones? No profession will easily translate into credits without figuring out your market and what things you need to farm. Selling mats for augments from slicing or whatnot seems pretty decent right now. Hopefully more people that play often will get in here for specifics on some different crew skills for you.

why would you need armorings? they're not better than the ones that come with the armor, are they?

apart from that, there is no real way to make a millions in a short time except if you stand in the auction house and are a really good AH-player. but that costs time and effort, too.

personally, I made a few millions (over weeks that is) with slicing. because the neural augmentors that come from slicing missions are in very high demand.
    right now I am producing might and resolve augments with my other synthweaving character and make even a bit more money with them because I do not need to buy anything for them from the AH, I leveled 2 characters for that.

but again, it all takes effort and time, if you're not an excellent player at the AH you wont get money easily.

my personal advice for you is crystal gathering, farm them in high level zones while you qeue for warzones, upari crystals and primeval artifacts are in high demand, I dont know how fast you can get them and if its faster than doing daily quest, but these items are in high demand, I can judge that from branche of my market.
    Last edited by moff; 2012-08-08 at 12:09 PM.

Deleted
    I went biochem atm because you can make the reusable med pack and stim, they arn't as good as the exotech ones but are fine for just farming wz's, saves a lot of cash. Plus i make stims to sell during my wz. I'm not sure how long biochem will be useful for that though since they arn't making anymore reusable items i think.

There will be an event this month, if it is like the rakghoul event it should bring lots of credit making opportunities.

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 12:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    why would you need armorings? they're not better than the ones that come with the armor, are they?
    Pvp bracers and belts are not moddable. Lots of pvp players use moddable bracers with lvl 26 pve armorings.

Deleted
    Epic Augments, i sell a ton of them, i dont even really mass produce them just 3 or 4 a day for 100k credits a piece.

also grade 8 items box for 200 space commendations can sell from anywhere between 200k to 400k per box.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethorien View Post
    I am doing dailys on Black hole which generates about 100k a day,

Thanks.
    If you're only going to do 1 dailies hub, Ilum dailies are a little more profitable in my experience. Ilum has 5 quests plus the heroic, the 5 normal quests award ~10.7k creds each(so 53.5k total), Corellia has 6 plus the heroic, 5 of them award ~7.5k with another 13.5k for the 3 part quest(for 51k total). Heroics change things, and will vary by server, but at least for me it's usually easier to find a group for the Ilum heroic than it is for the Black Hole heroic, and the Ilum one is finished much quicker usually(and is even soloable by many classes, only stealthers will possibly solo the Corellia one).

Also, you don't need 8 hours a day to play...I can finish Ilum and Black Hole dailies together in just under an hour if I skip EoT with any of the 3 toons I ever do dailies on(assassin, juggernaut, and merc), and you can selectively skip specific quests that take longer if you wanna shave more time off(I don't skip it, but bypassing Hypermatter Directive on BH will shave a bit of time off, and doing the 3 part Black Hole quest can drag out for awhile if you're playing in a busy time and having to compete with a lot of other people for the boxes)

I had the same problem and I don't want to do dailies. I am not a muppet, thanks. So I had to find another way. And I did. All you need is to raise synthweaving and Armormech at around 150-200 skill which real very cheap. Then you craft low level Orange armor and sell it to gtn. I managed to reach 4.000.000 credits before even got to level 50 and with Underworld trading and Treasure hunting to 400.

At least get the characters to level 15-16 to get the ship droid also..2 companions are better than 1. There are a lot recipes you can buy for nearly free in the gtn. The very common orange gear (recipes to buy very cheap also) Chest, Legs, Boots, Gloves, I sell them for 9500-10000 credits each and all need things like rubat crystal..I found several times stacks of rubat crystal for around 5k-6k...and I can make 10+ orange armor with this stack. If you are lucky to get a belt or bracer recipe from Underworld trading, then you can sell belts and bracers for around 20k each..I put them 15k and is a sure sell.

https://rapidshare.com/files/1805148...ear%20List.rar

here is a list I made for myself..it has all the orange armor sets, so to be easier to scan GTN for new recipes. Just remember , the lowest level the better cause people want to buy a full orange set once they hit level 11. There are exceptions for good looking armors, like Aspiring Knight set, which is level 15 set but in a great demand.
    At level 23 you begin to craft the first orange sets that doesn't require specific class, and that mean that these are best to gear companions with.

If you happen to have Cybertech, spaceship parts are selling very very good!but lately I had lot of competition to this, lot of people selling lower than the cost and in great quantities, so buy them out wasn't an option. In case you find any stupid that sell in bunch in very very low price, just skip him and sell something else.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethorien View Post
    Anyone else find credit farming a bit of a struggle, I seem to burn through more cash then I can farm. Firstly im only able to play about 3 hours a night and maybe 3/4 hours a wend. My prio is warzones, because im farming WZ accomodations. However with the cost of Medpacks 30k a night combined with stims which are also very expensive your burning a lot , more then you really get rewarded from games.
    1) Don't use stims and medpacks in WZ.
    2) Continue to run WZ.
    3) ???? (No, wait, just twiddle your thumbs)
    4) Profit!
    Last edited by openair; 2012-08-09 at 05:09 PM.

You can make 400k+ credits in about 2-3 hours if you do all the dailies including space. That's not even including any drops you can sell on the GTN or the stuff you can sell on the GTN from space comms.

I am not really sure why you are buying so many armorings...Seems like you are making yourself poor. Credits are very easy to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I had the same problem and I don't want to do dailies. I am not a muppet, thanks. So I had to find another way. And I did. All you need is to raise synthweaving and Armormech at around 150-200 skill which real very cheap. Then you craft low level Orange armor and sell it to gtn. I managed to reach 4.000.000 credits before even got to level 50 and with Underworld trading and Treasure hunting to 400.
    This may vary based on server, cause on mine, unless the low level orange gear is already modded, or comes out crit crafted, you're not at all likely to get 10k a pop for it, not even close.

I can make 100k credits in 15 minutes in my secret farming spot (must have a slicer). When I get low I just head there to refill the vault. I wont say where it is but you can make good money farming named mobs on lower level worlds (such as alderaan) and selling the drops on the GTN. Named mobs can only be farmed for about 30 minutes at a time before they stop dropping loot. I have an alt with a mailbox and repair droid tucked away at my spot ready to go at the drop of a hat.

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post

apart from that, there is no real way to make a millions in a short time except if you stand in the auction house and are a really good AH-player. but that costs time and effort, too.

personally, I made a few millions (over weeks that is) with slicing. because the neural augmentors that come from slicing missions are in very high demand.
    right now I am producing might and resolve augments with my other synthweaving character and make even a bit more money with them because I do not need to buy anything for them from the AH, I leveled 2 characters for that.

but again, it all takes effort and time, if you're not an excellent player at the AH you wont get money easily.

my personal advice for you is crystal gathering, farm them in high level zones while you qeue for warzones, upari crystals and primeval artifacts are in high demand, I dont know how fast you can get them and if its faster than doing daily quest, but these items are in high demand, I can judge that from branche of my market.
    actually the cyber armorings are > than the ones from FPs and the planet heroics. i use my cyber to make armorings and mods for all my alts and that saves me LOTS of cash in the long run., its the enhancements that are usually better from vendors than the artifice

as most here say slicing is a great way to make creds. also when you RE the earpieces from cyber you get the mats to make the augment kits, RE a bunch of green earpieces and sell those on GTN it wont make LOTS but it will build. also the armoprings and mods sell decent on the GTN since not many ppl run the FPs nowadays EVEN WITH the LFG tool. I sell low lvl mats for bout 1200-12k 9-47 pieces. again it dont make LOTS but it does build.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    This may vary based on server, cause on mine, unless the low level orange gear is already modded, or comes out crit crafted, you're not at all likely to get 10k a pop for it, not even close.
    Well it depends, some pieces are really low, like Jedi initiate, drelliad armor , e.t.c. but Aspiring Knight, Dark Acolyte, Traditional Nylite are some few that the price never drops. I am in a full server, after the free transfer, so this may be the reason. Also I was lucky enough to get the recipe for Gunslinger Belt, an orange level 19 belt for Jedi knight and smuggler. I can sell 5 per day for 15k each and 25-30k the augmented versions.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    got slicing on 4 chars and Im filthy rich.
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Well it depends, some pieces are really low, like Jedi initiate, drelliad armor , e.t.c. but Aspiring Knight, Dark Acolyte, Traditional Nylite are some few that the price never drops. I am in a full server, after the free transfer, so this may be the reason. Also I was lucky enough to get the recipe for Gunslinger Belt, an orange level 19 belt for Jedi knight and smuggler. I can sell 5 per day for 15k each and 25-30k the augmented versions.
    Well, I'm on full server too, but I play empire side. Most custom armors there are well under 10k unless they're either non-craftable world drops, crit crafted, or modded.

Slicing

I started an Operative and broke the 1 Million Credit mark before I even reached level 40. Could have been even sooner if I hadn't been buying Legacy Perks and fancy epic equipment and things. I seem to have a healthy steady income

Before that I had a Sith Assassin who did not slice and I somewhat struggled with credits

So yeah, make a character or characters with slicing and spam them on missions, specifically the ones that reward lockboxes. Fairly often they come back with a box and a mission discovery item you can sell on the GTN for upwards of 5 figures each.

I have since started a Jedi Sentinel and noticed that D7-01 (Or whatever the heck his name is) comes back with mission discovery items ALL THE TIME basically, he has "+2 Critical Slicing" , so yeah. Just saying it'll be even better if you play a class with a Slicing enhanced companion

On max level, the lockbox missions are not very rewarding, instead you should go for the tech parts missions which will give you 1-3 advanced neural augmentors on crits, and those you can sell for 20-30k depending on the server. I believe thats the fastest way to earn money for no actual effort.

Yeah credits aren't hard to make at all. Hell it's easier than making gold in Wow. I was over 50mill before the server mergers and since landing on Prophecy of Five I broke 100mill a week or so ago. And thats after pissing away tons of credits to get legacy 20 gear and nearly every perk for every alt I have.. Not to mention the collection of Speeders I bought up and haven't decided if I'll sell or use yet. Those range from 5-10mill per.

Slicing is great.. Scavenging is also a nice money maker. I sell stack upon stack of Zal Alloy @ 100k+ per.

I never do dailies. It's repetitive nonsense and I'd much rather play the GTN.

100 million is an impressive number. what items do you watch and how do you proceed? how much time do you spend in the AH?