Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Video] Destruction Arena Cataclysm - Fight for Viability

http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=219221

Three seasons have past, and not a single Destruction Cataclysm arena video has been published. Being a fan of the spec, I decided to make a 2v2 video with my partner øÐìrlol about one of the few teams that have reached 2050.
    I am no pro "destro beast" with big crits, so don't expect to see me two shooting enemies.
    This is about reaction and chain CCs, it shows what the real Destruction spec has become now, so if you're interested in some ranked matches against players with an exp up to 2600, I hope you'll enjoy this.

Deleted
    you did 2s with a resto shaman. destro just made the games slightly less boring to watch.

as for skills etc, i could not bring myself to watch much of it after I saw it was 18 minutes of lock/shaman in 2s. sorry. I'm sure somebody can comment on that.

I'm usually more of a LOL fan since I stopped WoW but I have to say... Wow x) really looking forward to seeing to seeing you in mop

Quote Originally Posted by tinkabela View Post
    you did 2s with a resto shaman. destro just made the games slightly less boring to watch.

as for skills etc, i could not bring myself to watch much of it after I saw it was 18 minutes of lock/shaman in 2s. sorry. I'm sure somebody can comment on that.
    Don't worry, I made sure that the clips aren't boring by trimming/fast forwarding all the "average" sequences. I guarantee you an exciting view, with lots of innovative and unseen (until now, not bragging, but nobody's posted them) Destruction arena tricks. This isn't Aff/Rsham, this is DESTRUCTION/Resto Shaman !

Deleted
    I watched about 5 minutes of it, and you took almost zero damage...i saw there was a resto shaman healing you, you literally have almost zero chance to die in 2s.

then all the excitement went out of the window. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkabela View Post
    I watched about 5 minutes of it, and you took almost zero damage...i saw there was a resto shaman healing you, you literally have almost zero chance to die in 2s.

then all the excitement went out of the window. sorry.
    You missed the part where I dropped to 2k health vs the Ret/Rogue ><, against the warrior with Gurth that was constantly getting me down to 60k, leading me to killing his tentacles and AoE fearing them constantly and vs the Ret/UH that were bursting me. Didn't you enjoy the "tricks"? That's what the video was mainly about. Obviously I'm not gonna put a video full of getting down to low HP!

Deleted
    I think the movie was ok mate. Fun to see a destro lock instead of affli

/respect

I respect people that pave their own path rather than join the sheep.

Edit: Forgot to mention I love the editing and stuff, very entertaining vid.

I love how you are not an undead or a human actually hahah. Entertaining video.

I wouldnt make arena videos with these levels of healing, thats why you dont see anyone making them, is just unbearable boring in general.

I would rather see BG, duels, world PvP, organized PvP is garbage at this stage of beta.

Quote Originally Posted by darthades View Post
    I wouldnt make arena videos with these levels of healing, thats why you dont see anyone making them, is just unbearable boring in general.

I would rather see BG, duels, world PvP, organized PvP is garbage at this stage of beta.
    You didn't watch the video didn't you... It's about cataclysm first of all. And second of all, as you can see in the description it isn't about ROFL 1vX OWNAGE, it's about the true Destruction spec: Chain CCs, tricks and reaction.

Deleted
    ok so I did as you asked, watched the whole thing.

a few thoughts:

it's 2s, the shaman never goes oom, and apart from a few exceptions you are on almost 100% the entire time. that means you never have to worry about your hp so don't really have to play 'well'. shamans can boost any class to 2k easily with the amount of heals, mana, and CC/utility they bring to 2s.
    you showed a succubus can be a good pet, but that's hardly rocket science with effectively 2 CCs (knockback (also counts as interrupt) and seduce). most warlocks don't know they have a pet other than felhunter.
    the people you play against are just awful, sorry. if you want show 'tricks' and skills, you have to show them against good players.
    shadowfury around a corner to stun is not special, although I agree it's a 'trick' destro gets.

all in all, not an awful video, but nothing special. as I said before, 2s is just plain boring unless it's double dps owning some people, or outskilling them completely to get the win. 2s videos are made even worse by it being a shaman healer, they just cheese it completely.

i don't mean to be rude, so please don't take it that way, but if you want to show tricks/skills, you simply cannot play 2s with a shaman healer. go double dps and show some ~2k or above games

But double healer as Rogue/Ret or Rogue/Mage is just plain faceroll... And I wouldn't consider my opponents awful when comparing to other videos, I mean, they're mostly good players. Some know how to SWeath a Seduce, evade Shadowfury, aware of pet switches, etc... And it's not that I'm never half dead, it's jsut that I don't show you those parts. How would looking at a player getting zerged be fun? I've shown near death moments vs ret/UH, ret/rogue (2k health FTW!) and Disc/Frost.
    I'm sorry but to me it just seems that you don't like the playstyle/don't want to recognize it.
    It's your opinion that shaman healers make things cheesy because they don't go oom, but when you find yourself (as this comp) against a good healer/DPS, I can assure you that it's us that go oom first.
    And what I'm bringing to the table has mostly not been exposed to the public. There's never been petswitch to succubus for extra interrupt getting you the kill, seduce fakecasts or focus Shadowfury stun in any Cata Destro movie.

And I'm sure you can't just faceroll your way to 2k as Destro/Rsham, or else there'd be more than 2 teams in all of Europe. But anyways, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

Deleted
    on the contrary, I encourage all comps to try to succeed in arena (the worst thing blizzard ever did imo was make it so it was a disadvantage to play with friends rather than strangers with favourable classes).

there probably would be more than 2 teams if people cared about 2s anymore

Awesome video, your pet management is insane. Your play style reminds me of a hunter without the insane dmg hunters can do. Keep it up and post more videos!
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Ok, checked the video, was fun.

Good to see people thinking outside of the box.

But this only brings me an acid taste on my mouth, destro was a very fun spec in CATA and got completely destroyed =/ Demo is the new destro in comparative terms.

Quote Originally Posted by darthades View Post
    Ok, checked the video, was fun.

Good to see people thinking outside of the box.

But this only brings me an acid taste on my mouth, destro was a very fun spec in CATA and got completely destroyed =/ Demo is the new destro in comparative terms.
    I feel with you man D":
    I really love Destro's current playstyle, it's unparalleled and always fresh. That's why we have to try our best with feedback and other means. I hope the that devs acknowledge what you and the others have been discussing in the Destruction and Demo threads.

Deleted
    I enjoyed your vid allot destro is my main spec has been from i first started playing at the start of wrath and really pissed me off how the destroyed destro.. its my favourite spec..

Iv'e been bg'ing it up the last few weeks as destro and it is allot of fun,,

Apart from the music, most repetitive shite iv ever heard in a wow vid :P

Destro all the way
    Last edited by mmoc50cda6f559; 2012-08-09 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdrumpslap View Post
    I enjoyed your vid allot destro is my main spec has been from i first started playing at the start of wrath and really pissed me off how the destroyed destro.. its my favourite spec..

Iv'e been bg'ing it up the last few weeks as destro and it is allot of fun,,

Apart from the music, most repetitive shite iv ever heard in a wow vid :P

Destro all the way
    Good to know^^. I had to crop, copy and paste a lot of the audio so that it would be synchronized with the video. The result was a bit of repetitive tunes. But did you at least like the genre that I chose? Did it match with the movie?

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 07:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Awesome video, your pet management is insane. Your play style reminds me of a hunter without the insane dmg hunters can do. Keep it up and post more videos!
    Haha, thank you^^. I'll try my best before MoP hits. But just by curiosity, would some of you be interested in a rated Destruction channel? I might just work on that if my current video gets some success! Anyways, thanks again for your support guys!

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 06:47 PM ----------

UPDATE: I might do a 3v3 video as RLS (Destruction of course)! It's not sure though since we just randomly played some games and found ourselves at 1900 magically. So brace yourselves if you're excited, and make sure to tell me if it'd interest you!
    Last edited by Phoenexis; 2012-08-09 at 03:54 PM.

Yeah that would be nice but don't just stream 2s. Your vid was awesome but just showing off some 2v2 would end up boring