Question MOP: Sanctity of Battle - Question

From the new MOP changes:
    Sanctity of Battle (Holy) now works with Melee haste rather than Spell haste.

Is this just a tooltip change? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the 3 hastes (melee, ranged, and spell) are all based upon your haste stat and they're the same #.
    I'm looking at my character sheet now (unfortunately I logged off in ret spec)...I see the same haste % for all 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    The clarification here is that now our Haste will affect SoB, but the passive Spell Haste we get from SoI wont give us anything towards lowered cds.

Thanks so much Kerfax - it all makes sense now.
    The 10% casting haste that we get from Seal of Insight doesn't get factored into Sanctity of Battle...gotchya!

The reason for this change was because when we were affected by a debuff that affected cast speed, such as mind numbing poison, curse of tongue or necrotic strike; it would INCREASE our cooldowns. This is not very fun D:

10+ Year Old Account
    You get the same amount of melee, ranged, and spell haste from haste rating. However, there were different amounts of haste from buffs (i.e. 10% melee attack speed buff versus 5% spell haste buff). So, unbuffed you wouldn't notice a difference, but in a raid group you would.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    You get the same amount of melee, ranged, and spell haste from haste rating. However, there were different amounts of haste from buffs (i.e. 10% melee attack speed buff versus 5% spell haste buff). So, unbuffed you wouldn't notice a difference, but in a raid group you would.
    Does increased melee attack speed = melee haste? I thought it didn't, could anyone clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkiri View Post
    Does increased melee attack speed = melee haste? I thought it didn't, could anyone clarify?
    SPEED and HASTE are two different things. Take the troll racial (on live) for example. It increases your attack and casting SPEED, but does not decrease the GCD, or increase the amount of DoT tickets we get. They are not the same thing. (just like slice and dice is attack speed, not haste ;3 )

Hope that helps a bit haha

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    SPEED and HASTE are two different things. Take the troll racial (on live) for example. It increases your attack and casting SPEED, but does not decrease the GCD, or increase the amount of DoT tickets we get. They are not the same thing. (just like slice and dice is attack speed, not haste ;3 )

Hope that helps a bit haha
    "Berserking had a wording change to melee, ranged, and spell haste, rather than attack and casting speed."
    It does now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    "Berserking had a wording change to melee, ranged, and spell haste, rather than attack and casting speed."
    It does now.
    Good, it looks like they're normalizing the terminology for all the haste types. So the only thing Berserking won't affect is your resource regeneration (at least that's what it looks like).
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!