Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Small request from fellow guild wars enthusiasts!

Hey all,

Strange request but basically I am wondering if any of you out there have a .PNG file of the guild wars 2 Logo saved as an image, preferably as close to 400wide x 95 pixels, as I'm trying to find a better one to implement in my desktop launch button (see image below, my current one doesn't do justice)

I'm really looking for one without such a stark white background; Alternatively if anyone is able to teach me how to either scale images I find down to the pixel format I need, or how to edit the white in photoshop etc, that'd be much appreciated too.

Thanks in advance!

***I think this is the most appropriate forum to make this request in, if not can a mod move it please ***
    Last edited by Waimzer; 2012-08-09 at 01:48 AM.

I really like that desktop. How does one go about setting up a system like that?

Deleted
    White & red is GW2 logo's theme. Ofc you can find also variations.

Here are official GW2 website's wallpapers. Here you can also find logo picture: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/media/wallpapers/

I downloaded the white logo-wallpaper, opened it on photoshop. On photoshop I used: Image > Resize > Image Size. I put 95 as height on Pixel Dimansions and saw that it would have width 169 (since those are linked). I saved that and opened saved picture on paint. On paint I made picture width 400 and moved logo to right position. Saved. (I don't know how to add pixel area to picture on photoshop, if someone knows please tell)

3 pictures:

Edit; I clearly have too much time >_>

Yep, too much time
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2012-08-08 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    I don't know how to add pixel area to picture on photoshop, if someone knows please tell
    Image > Canvas Size

Play with that menu, in the beginning it's a bit confusing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lliand View Post
    Image > Canvas Size

Play with that menu, in the beginning it's a bit confusing.
    Ahaa, I see. So easy. Thanks. ^_^

I have only used that to add frame for picture... you know, like this:

Quote Originally Posted by zdubb87 View Post
    I really like that desktop. How does one go about setting up a system like that?
    I use rainmeter mostly, took me some time and you gotta code a few things but managed to do most of it through following step by step guides, until you get confident enough to produce your own one, I can talk you through a few things if you have any questions.

OT - Iryne, wow those are AMAZING, thank you so much, going to steal that bottom one right away, will post a pic for results, ty so much

---------- Post added 2012-08-08 at 05:56 PM ----------

Love it, looks much better, and will suite many more different wall papers of mine, thanks for the help Iryne!

Final outcome after checking them GW2 wallpapers...

Anyone wanting help to create something similar, let me know ^_^
    Last edited by Waimzer; 2012-08-08 at 05:06 PM.

Is that the windows 8 preview you're running? If so, are you running NVidia, or AMD card, and what drivers. I've been debating running it but wasn't sure how great GW2 would run.

Quote Originally Posted by Waimzer View Post
    I use rainmeter mostly, took me some time and you gotta code a few things but managed to do most of it through following step by step guides, until you get confident enough to produce your own one, I can talk you through a few things if you have any questions.

OT - Iryne, wow those are AMAZING, thank you so much, going to steal that bottom one right away, will post a pic for results, ty so much

Love it, looks much better, and will suite many more different wall papers of mine, thanks for the help Iryne!

Must know how to do that...

A link to a guide you used would be good, but if you'd care explaining that'd be better ^_^

Also, like the guy above me asked, windows 8?

Nope, windows 7, ill start to write a guide, hopefully have it done and posted in a few hours, and yeah I can explain as well

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Love it, Would look amazing on my dual screen set up... geif guide!!!!

Deleted
    Quite fond of your layout as well, do share

Good work!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waimzer View Post

This is what Windows 8 *should* be like. Instead they're trying to imitate apple and making your desktop into an online store.

Microsoft, hire this man.

Wow didn't expect so much interest and positive feedback, thanks for all the great comments, I will most definitely work on a detailed, step-by-step guide on how to produce what I've done here; was hoping to do it this evening but got caught up with other matters.

At least I will be preoccupied in the day tomorrow with this whilst I wait to play the stress test for 4 hours tomorrow evening ^_^

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 03:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by adaneshade View Post
    Is that the windows 8 preview you're running? If so, are you running NVidia, or AMD card, and what drivers. I've been debating running it but wasn't sure how great GW2 would run.

Im running AMD 6870 graphics card, with all updated recent drivers, on a 22inch monitor, displaying at 1920 x 1080 resolution, 6gb 1666ghz RAM, and an i7 950processor, currently in all beta's and stress tests, I've been running above 35 fps, and usually 45-60fps on max graphics settings; using direct x9, let alone direct x11

waimzer, what do you use for your windows toolbar to make it look like that?

Deleted
    I am working on a Gw2 themed rainmeter desktop myself, I would really want to know what skins you used and so on :P

Deleted
    Oh, so it was Rainmeter.

Now I know what I'll have to download once I get home.

Deleted
    btw I think I found the skin, desk cloud 2.1 and gaming suite is used for those launcher buttons for the games right? Buut I can't seem to be able to change the picture lol... maybe I should just wait for my boyfriend to fix it.. hes into all that programming stuff ^^

Is rainmeter hard to get the hang of? i have never done anything similar to this but would love to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by yoomi View Post
    btw I think I found the skin, desk cloud 2.1 and gaming suite is used for those launcher buttons for the games right? Buut I can't seem to be able to change the picture lol... maybe I should just wait for my boyfriend to fix it.. hes into all that programming stuff ^^
    yeah its a mix of desk cloud 2.1, ABP, Enigma, Ilustro, and VCloudsWeather2. The game launchers are indeed part of DC2; gaming suite, I'll include how to skin them in the guide ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kululu View Post
    Is rainmeter hard to get the hang of? i have never done anything similar to this but would love to try it.
    It depends what you want to do with it, when I first looked at it I thought I'd never be able to produce a desktop that I liked; but after a couple of hours toying around you become familiar with how it all works.