Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

which grapic card is good?

I'm going to build a new computer. I do not know that much about computers, so what is the best graphic card for around €100-150? I want to play diablo 3, WoW and things like fallout NV on it.

This is my first post so I hope i did it in the correct forum category.

Thanks.

Radeon 6850, possibly 6870 which might be just a tiny bit over the 150€ limit. Good to keep in mind when comparing prices of the two that 6870 is about 15-20% faster than 6850 which is a lot.

Nothing else can be recommended in that price range.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming...w-32481-3.html

Low end of the budget, a 7770. Higher end, a 6850. Throw in a bit more and you get a choice between a 6870 and a 560.

I'd just go for the 6850 tbh.

Deleted
    What i would do is get a bit more cash and go for a 7850 it blow's even 560 ti's out of the water. And also runs cool and wont consume so much power. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150609 But if you really GOTTA stick to the budget then also i would go for the "little brother" card 6850.

Quote Originally Posted by djowel View Post
    What i would do is get a bit more cash and go for a 7850
    Doubles the budget, and is totally unnecessary for the stated requirements.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Doubles the budget, and is totally unnecessary for the stated requirements.
    But is future proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can pick up a HD6670 for $70 and it can run any of those games on Max/close to max depending on other components.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

Deleted
    GTX 460 OC should do the trick for you (if they still make those cards)

Very underrated card that holds alot of power for close to no money at all. Should be around / below your budget.

Much joy!

Quote Originally Posted by Algearond View Post
    You can pick up a HD6670 for $70 and it can run any of those games on Max/close to max depending on other components.
    Radeon 6670 is hopeless junk if your monitor is bigger than 1680x1050. Really not recommended purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post
    GTX 460 OC
    GTX460 performs about the same as Radeon 6850, but usually costs notably more. If you can find one cheaper, then it's definitely worth it. Curiously R6870 costs only tiny bit more but beats both 6850 and GTX460 clearly.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weirdness View Post
    I'm going to build a new computer. I do not know that much about computers, so what is the best graphic card for around €100-150? I want to play diablo 3, WoW and things like fallout NV on it.

This is my first post so I hope i did it in the correct forum category.

Thanks.
    I could find about 3 options that are pretty good:

Asus EAH6870 DC - 154€+shipping this is obviously a little above the 150€ you set as a limit but I though it was worth mentioning in case you could stretch the budget.

Asus GeForce ENGTX560 - 152€ Kinda the same comment as with the AMD 6870, these two cards trade blows.

Club3D AMD 6870 - 153€ (includes shipping)

Sapphire Radeon HD6850 - 127€ Now this card isn't that far behind in performance and should fit your budget range nicely.

Edit: here is a sapphire 6870 for 145€ but I'm not sure if they have any in stock or not? Sapphire AMD 6870
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2012-08-08 at 09:29 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Radeon 6670 is hopeless junk if your monitor is bigger than 1680x1050. Really not recommended purchase.

GTX460 performs about the same as Radeon 6850, but usually costs notably more. If you can find one cheaper, then it's definitely worth it. Curiously R6870 costs only tiny bit more but beats both 6850 and GTX460 clearly.
    agreed on point 1, the 460 if your lucky you can find a new one for really cheap though. ive seen them for 120$ on sale.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    agreed on point 1, the 460 if your lucky you can find a new one for really cheap though. ive seen them for 120$ on sale.
    Unfortunately couldn't find any GTX 460 in the price range in the Netherlands

6870 all the way, spend the few extra bucks, well worth it.

Deleted
    Thanks all for the help!

I will let you guys know which one I will buy.

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 08:04 PM ----------

I was thinking about this one: Asus GeForce ENGTX550 Ti DC TOP/DI 1GB DDR5 PCI-E DVI/HDMI

Hope I made a good choice.
    Last edited by mmocca221a13c3; 2012-08-14 at 05:07 PM.

[/COLOR]I bought this one: Asus GeForce ENGTX550 Ti DC TOP/DI 1GB DDR5 PCI-E DVI/HDMI
    There's a reason why it was never mentioned in any of the posts in this thread. It's weaker than any of the cards mentioned above, with 10-30% lower fps than the R6850 mentioned. If it was more than 120€ you overpayed for it.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    There's a reason why it was never mentioned in any of the posts in this thread. It's weaker than any of the cards mentioned above, with 10-30% lower fps than the R6850 mentioned. If it was more than 120€ you overpayed for it.
    No offense to OP but I don't get this sometimes people come asking for advice and out of all the good suggestions it picks the one card no one mentions (for a good reason). Either way good luck with it

Deleted
    Yeah someone convinced me to buy that one. but after all I haven't bought it yet, I just putted it on my list of components I will buy for my new pc.
    So yeah, it is probably a good idea thinking of getting one you guys mentioned.

Thanks all for the advice!

Yeah someone convinced me to buy that one. but after all I haven't bought it yet, I just putted it on my list of components I will buy for my new pc.

Whatever you do, don't cut corners on a psu, get a 80+ certified name brand, it pretty important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Whatever you do, don't cut corners on a psu, get a 80+ certified name brand, it pretty important.
    If only he were after getting a PSU as well

Though it's still good general advice for anyone buying new.

Deleted

Go to your local MyCom and ask if they have a Sapphire 6870 left, they go a bit cheaper cause they arent build anymore and they are selling them out. Just dont go with that 550 its a bad card compared to the others.