Looking for new Headphones

I have been using Turtle Beach x12s up to this point, but recently they have developed a very annoying whine and rumbling sound, that really is both annoying and painful to listen to. They were a relic of when I still played most games on xbox over pc, and now that I am off the xbox, I want to get a good quality pair of headphones that will just be better. My price range is around 70-100 for just the headphones, and then I will probably get http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1.../dp/B00029MTMQ as a mic, as I have heard good things about it. Also if at all possible I would prefer wireless headphones, simply because that would be more convenient as I often am not sitting at my computer while I listen to music, and am instead 10-15 feet away, in the same room. I would prefer NOT to just have a super long cable, as this is what I had with the turtle beach, an I am convinced the length of the cable was what led to it being twisted up on itself and eventually leading to the audio whine that so discomforts me. So in conclusion, 70-100 price range, preferably wireless, but of course I understand if that can not be accommodated. I would much rather have a very good pair of headphones that are wired than crappy wireless ones. Thanks a lot in advance.

edit: I also prefer a design that fully covers my ears, if that matters.
    edit2: Also would it be worth getting a cheap sound card such as the http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Channel-S...ref=pd_sim_e_4 ? I am on a asrock z68 extreme3 gen3 mobo, and as I don't really know enough about audio specs to make the decision myself, hopefully you all can help out.
    Last edited by Khaaaaaaaan; 2012-08-08 at 06:21 PM.

I'll be recommending the takstar 2050(Ebay) to you, or the ath-ad-700(Pretty much Anywhere) if the music you listen to doesnt focus on bass.
    IF you want something closed I'd recommend Brainwavz HM5(Amazon, Ebay) or Jaycar Pro Monitors (Jaycar store, Same thing), or ofcourse the panasonic HP-RTF600(Pretty much anywhere) if you want something cheaper.

i've pointed out where you can get those.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keller's suggestions are good, but I still have to add my own personal suggestion. Behold the Shure SRH 440 headphones.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

They are pretty damn amazing, have very good passive sound proofing, and their cable is easily un-tangled (it is not easy to tangle in the first place). They are comfy and powerful, the clarity is great, and they can get very loud without distorting. (I don't suggest pumping them up to their max, seriously....)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water