Deleted

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M For Playing Guild Wars 2

Hi guys, was wondering if anyone knew if the NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M graphics card is good enough for playing Guild Wars 2 smoothly and maybe some future releases, or if it's just bad/not going to last for long. Thanks in advance for any replies!

You may get low or just over low, especially if the CPU is on par with the graphics card. It'll be a bit of a stretch, but with lower settings you can probably pull it off.

Deleted
    Well the graphics card is 2gb dedicated, The processor is the Intel i5 2450m, which I thought was decent enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Looch View Post
    Well the graphics card is 2gb dedicated, The processor is the Intel i5 2450m, which I thought was decent enough?
    It wouldn't matter if it was 8GB dedicated memory on that card, it is still a lowend HTPC-ish card.

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    It wouldn't matter if it was 8GB dedicated memory on that card, it is still a lowend HTPC-ish card.
    Yep, and it's really not clear how well GW2 will run anyway since every test has been horribly optimized. I'm really hoping they do fix that by the time it launches here shortly...

The 630m benchmarks basically say it can't run any games on high, and can scrape by many of them on medium. Hard to really compare what GW2 can do until it launches.

I have a laptop with a Core i7 3610QM (Quad-core), and GT 650M 1GB. I just copied Guild Wars 2 from my desktop to it today, and on the laptop the GW2 video settings auto-detect to Medium. I'll try it out tomorrow during the stress test though.

A 650 is an entry level gaming card. The 630 is a low power solution meant for 2d and watching he video. Benchmarking the 650 won't give the op any idea at all as to what to expect.

Deleted
    Yeah the problem is I'm on a short budget and the notebook I had found cost 540 Euros, and I couldn't find anything better for around that price. I don't necessarily need to run the game on high, I mean, even on medium or low, I just want it to run smoothly and have a decent Frame rate throughout. By the way I live in Italy, if you know of something better for 600 EUROs or less let me know please

The thing is that card possibly wont even be able to push more than 20-30fps on low, possibly less in WvWvW.

It might do alright. It's still in beta so you never know. I wouldn't expect to play it on high though.