Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    I actually own the first one you listed. Its my first mac (its for school) and honestly I've taken a liking to it. I'd never use as my main machine but for work and school you just can't get much better.

Whatever you buy, if you're going to be doing graphics work on it YOU NEED A RETINA DISPLAY. Any 6-series+ GPU on a mac will be sufficient for work, you won't be playing games on it anyway trust me.

And despite what others are saying you really don't need an SSD on a MBP. Get a fat drive for storing your work.

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakeasy_zj View Post
    I actually own the first one you listed. Its my first mac (its for school) and honestly I've taken a liking to it. I'd never use as my main machine but for work and school you just can't get much better.

Whatever you buy, if you're going to be doing graphics work on it YOU NEED A RETINA DISPLAY. Any 6-series+ GPU on a mac will be sufficient for work, you won't be playing games on it anyway trust me.

And despite what others are saying you really don't need an SSD on a MBP. Get a fat drive for storing your work.
    Thanks for the advice! I also have a good desktop PC so it's not a problem.
    Last edited by mmoc2c2bcbefc4; 2012-08-08 at 09:50 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    what are you paying for the macbook "A" you have listed? isnt that a mid to late 2011? would it really be that much more for a current model? they are considerably better now. SSD+2 thunderbolt ports+HDMI out+ epic screen.
    Last edited by jmacphee9; 2012-08-08 at 10:00 PM.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    what are you paying for the macbook "A" you have listed? isnt that a mid to late 2011? would it really be that much more for a current model? they are considerably better now.
    About 1500 euros. My budget is 1600 euros.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samakuro View Post
    About 1500 euros. My budget is 1600 euros.
    ah well, its still a great laptop, i have the MBA and love it, i like the GPU switching feature in that model MBP.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga