Olympic soccer and basketball gold count

Hi! Just wanna know how many count or points are there when a country wins gold in basketball and soccer. Should basketball have 12 gold medals count in their country if they win it or just 1? I mean they won gold right? Same question for soccer. Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    One event, one medal.

15+ Year Old Account
    You win one medal per event. The exception being some events like Wrestling where there are two bronze medal finishers. Some events may have even more in the event of a tie.

If a basketball team has 12 players they get 1 medal. Each person gets a medal, but the country gets 1 medal towards the event. Same goes with other team events like 8 man rowing, each rower gets a medal but it only counts as one medal for the event.

Thanks a lot for the reply. Appreciate it

I couldn't even imagine that lol... We would probably have to double the USA's medal count as well as those teams who won things like rowing and any other team event lol
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'