[Movies] New DBZ movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5M6e...layer_embedded

What do you think? I'm excited...

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like it's animated and not an actual live action. If they can get a competent director and writers to bring it to life, I'm all for it. Evolution was.....while action was decent, the story was very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Seems like it's animated and not an actual live action. If they can get a competent director and writers to bring it to life, I'm all for it. Evolution was.....while action was decent, the story was very bad.
    It seems the director is AKIRA TORIYAMA ! OMG

We've discussed what little information there is for the movie in the DBZ megathread. It is co-written and directed by Akira Toriyama. The other writer is the guy that co-wrote the Cell saga with him. This is an official DBZ movie #14, not a TV special or OVA. It will be dubbed by Funimation. It will be released March 30 2013. It will take place during or after the Buu saga, but not during GT. My guess is it will specifically take place during the time skip after the death of Kid Buu.

Whoever made that real action/actors movie... That was so absolute utter shite that it really pissed me off, if that same guy who is responsible for that ridiculously shite movie is going to be doing another one then I am going to have to save myself the trouble.

Otherwise, awesome.. I loved DBZ as a kid, and could probably still watch and enjoy it now.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Well, that trailer wasn't very descriptive

Cool though cause I like DBZ

the (now) top comment on youtube:
    Dear people who dont know anything about this film. The film is set between the 517th and 518th installments of Akira Toriyama's original manga. Specifically, it is set during the "lost decade" of story time after the end of the battle with Majin Buu. The film is not a spinoff, but a story in the official history of Dragon Ball. Akira Toriyama has been deeply involved in the film's production from the early screenwriting stages. The film will open throughout Japan on March 30, 2013.
    so pretty much what laurcus said