Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

so why is everybody suddenly using skada over recount?

whats makes it better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Light weight, more precise. Less shiny graphs, more effectivness.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Light weight, more precise. Less shiny graphs, more effectivness.
    On the contrary, I think Skada is MUCH prettier than recount.

Has skada been reworked lately? I hated it when I used it in Wotlk, something about pet damage display or not being able to see a certain subset of damaged by or something... I don't really remember, but I used it and went right back to recount.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjsno View Post
    On the contrary, I think Skada is MUCH prettier than recount.
    They didn't say it wasn't prettier, they meant it doesn't have graphs, which it doesn't.

And people didn't "suddenly" start using Skada, it's always been better than Recount =P Although Skada was much quicker in updating to support for beta testing so I'm sure it gained a good amount of users there once they actually tried it out.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

15+ Year Old Account
    Suddenly? Everyone I know has been using it for ages over that bloated mess of Recount.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Has skada been reworked lately? I hated it when I used it in Wotlk, something about pet damage display or not being able to see a certain subset of damaged by or something... I don't really remember, but I used it and went right back to recount.
    Doesn't ring any bells to me. Must've been fixed.

Skada has been around and popular for quite some time. I was first introduced to it in Wrath while leveling my disc priest since recount didn't account for absorbs at the time. I stuck with it as my preferred meter since.
    Now offering free Mammoth rides in the Dalaran sewer. Please do not be an engineer, priest, mage, paladin or druid. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ReLaXeD View Post
    whats makes it better?
    - lightweight
    - IMO it looks better.
    - when reporting its a hell of a lot tidier,
    - When it was first released it accounted absorbs in healing (think Disc) so that allowed discs to compete in meter races.

The only thing I can not figure out with Skada, Is to see percentages on what targets the damage was done on.

IE; Letme does 85% to DeathWing 10% to Mutated Corruption 5% to Blistering Tentacles . (So I can call bads out in LFR for not targeting the Blistering Tentacles)

And I don't think its suddenly, I have been using Skada for over a year now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmebeshifty View Post
    The only thing I can not figure out with Skada, Is to see percentages on what targets the damage was done on.

IE; Letme does 85% to DeathWing 10% to Mutated Corruption 5% to Blistering Tentacles . (So I can call bads out in LFR for not targeting the Blistering Tentacles)
    I'm not sure it gives a % breakdown, but you can just hover over a damage done bar and see what portion of their damage went to what.

Edit: Shift + click a damage done bar for a damage plus % total for each mob attacked. You could also use the Enemy Damage Taken list to see who attacked what.
    Last edited by xerus; 2012-08-09 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    I'm not sure it gives a % breakdown, but you can just hover over a damage done bar and see what portion of their damage went to what.

Edit: Shift + click a damage done bar for a damage plus % total for each mob attacked. You could also use the Enemy Damage Taken list to see who attacked what.
    Thanks a bunch, Will do this when i get home

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the layout if certain things a lot more. Little touches like showing spell icons and such made me switch over. Also it uses a lot less memory than recount.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its nicer and easier to use! So started using it! some chars still got recount on and some got both -.- need to uninstall recount some time

Deleted
    I have been using Recount since.. ever. Is there a difference in the recording?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroi View Post
    I have been using Recount since.. ever. Is there a difference in the recording?
    I believe Recount begins logging when anyone in the raid/party enters combat, where Skada has the option of only beginning recording when the player enters combat. If you have that option on then you could end up with different results given the right circumstance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Skada has a ton of plug-ins for it that record everything under the sun... I find it's lighter than recount + omen. I have mine set up to do 2 windows. One for Threat the other for Damage.

Can report damage on tendons.

Only reason.

I use Numeration cause of this.

Overheard someone talking about it in vent, figured I'd look into it, never looked back. Oddly enough, I feel it is both more lightweight and more robust. I can make it look like and do exactly what I want. However, I'm finding myself less and less terribly obsessed with all the minute details (I'll let World of Logs handle that and look at it later) these days. I've recently tried out TinyDPS and love it. Most of the "hardcore" crowd will despise it though. It's PURELY a DPS/HPS meter and doesn't even have a breakdown of abilities, hit counts, etc... If and when I need to do some serious theorycrafting and number crunching, I'll turn Skada on. But for general gameplay, TinyDPS is perfect for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the edge of the cliff laughing at the lemmings
    for me personally i started using skada in very late wotlk because i had a problem logging into my alt one day can couldnt figure out why. after disabling a number of addons and figuring out it wasnt any of them i turned off recount. BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was online. I then logged out turned it back on and couldnt log back in. I turned it off before an icc run started using skada and havent turned back since and i dont regret it for a sec.