Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Basically riptide glyph is the only one i have always active.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalmansikka View Post
    Basically riptide glyph is the only one i have always active.
    Heh, see and the only fight i use riptide glyph for is thok...I don't find it worth while and most of the rest

Deleted
    The instant 50k it heals means nothing in raids. Imo its better to have some heal to always cast on the move. It could be a bit manadrain on lower ilvls. And its not wrong to not use it, this is more of an flavor question.

And when you know something big is coming, having Riptide rolling on everyone is a big help (if you cant stack in the radius of our "you cant die if you stand here" healing rain)

Also great in Garrosh hc first phase adds. You pre-emptively riptide tanks and melee, wait for Warsong to come and adds WILL 2shot your melee if they happen to not have a personal CD for it, if your not fast on your chainheals.

Deleted
    Does using chain heal on a earth shielded target increase the healing of the jumps by 20% too?
    And also does using chain healing on a riptided target incease the healing on the subsequent jumps too?

Couple of quick questions I was having trouble getting answers for, any help would be much appreciated:

Does Unleashed Fury/Earthgiving Weapon increase Riptides heal over time effect? Or just the initial cast heal?

Also I am nervous about using Spirit Link Totem in range of the tank in high damage situations, I am worried it will leach hp off the tank to other players and make them vulnerable. Is this warranted?

Deleted
    Hello I have a question regarding the legendary meta.

I am running 9.5k spirit, but I dont really want to drop a lot further because it weakens my manatotem, that my healing buddy incorperated into his desired spirit level. However I have sufficent mana and I am not even in need to TR a lot so I was wondering if I could get away with the sinister primal for an on demand haste proc.

Is it even possible to proc as shaman? I would believe, that I should be able to via flame shock and stuff.

Regards

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus93 View Post
    Does using chain heal on a earth shielded target increase the healing of the jumps by 20% too?
    And also does using chain healing on a riptided target incease the healing on the subsequent jumps too?
    No and yes, respectively.
    Nominated Most Average Healer Ever
    My Shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omous/advanced
    My Monk: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tamus/advanced
    Pokemon Y FC: 1736-1594-7603 // Name: Human?
    Ghost Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk

Can somebody explain how rushing streams works? (talent from pre-last row).

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Can somebody explain how rushing streams works? (talent from pre-last row).
    IIRC
    Without Rushing Streams: HST heals 1 target for 100% per tick

With Rushing Streams: HST heals 2 targets, each for 115%, per tick.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    IIRC
    Without Rushing Streams: HST heals 1 target for 100% per tick

With Rushing Streams: HST heals 2 targets, each for 115%, per tick.
    But doesn't it heal 5 ppl per pulse? Or am I remembering a very old version of it?

- - - Updated - - -

I also find conductivity extremely good (been doing only lfr on shammy, main is monk with 14/14), because it saves so much mana. I understand that it is LFR and there's hardly anything to heal if 3 healers (or 2) are not semi-afk, but is Rushing Streams so much worth it? From the guides on Icy Veins and such, it seems like a king.

But doesn't it heal 5 ppl per pulse? Or am I remembering a very old version of it?
    You are thinking of HTT (Healing Tide Totem) - the 3 min cd that heals for a ton, is 5 targets per pulse in 10 man or 12 targets per pulse in 25 man

HST (Healing Stream Totem) - the 30 sec cd with 50% uptime is only 1 target per tick, or 2 when talented with Rushing Streams.

And yes, Rushing Streams is that good

Nonononono. Not talking about healing tide. Wasn't stream 5 target healing in wotlk/cata?

Nonononono. Not talking about healing tide. Wasn't stream 5 target healing in wotlk/cata?
    Not sure about Wotlk, pretty sure in Cata it was more or less still the same as now, just lasted 5 minutes and wasn't as strong. It might of been limited to a group of 5 though? Unsure of that part.

Ahmahgad, then it's fucking OP (the talent).

I was like:

"Why would you want to go from 5 targets to 2 for 15% more healing? Just for the focus? Meh." LOL

I have some questions regard BiS and other things that I can't find a solution on my own, so I'll try to list them on a easy way of reading...

1º- Which pieces of equipament are considered BiS for a resto shaman?
    2º- Is the 4pc set bonus worth?
    3º- Is crit really THE way to go or should I try to balance it with other status?
    4º- I have the caster staff heirlom from flex. Is it better than Norushen's shield(normal) and Kardri's scepter(flex +2)?

Extra: How much spirit do you guys think is a good amount to have?

Here is my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...retta/advanced
    Don't mind the elemental spec, I was just farming on Timeless isle yesterday. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Markulino View Post
    I have some questions regard BiS and other things that I can't find a solution on my own, so I'll try to list them on a easy way of reading...

1º- Which pieces of equipament are considered BiS for a resto shaman?
    2º- Is the 4pc set bonus worth?
    3º- Is crit really THE way to go or should I try to balance it with other status?
    4º- I have the caster staff heirlom from flex. Is it better than Norushen's shield(normal) and Kardri's scepter(flex +2)?

Extra: How much spirit do you guys think is a good amount to have?

Here is my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...retta/advanced
    Don't mind the elemental spec, I was just farming on Timeless isle yesterday. =P
    1. Generally tier gloves and helm for 2 piece and then the heroic warforged offset spirit/crit chest, legs and shoulders.

2. Short answer, no it's not worth it if you have access to the better itemized offset pieces. The 4 piece bonus is extremely weak (generally like a 0.5% output gain), so it does not make up for the loss of stats in using 2 extra tier pieces over higher ilvl offset pieces. On top of that, 3 of the 5 tier pieces have mastery on them (generally our weakest stat by a large margin) making it even weaker. Always go with 2 piece, though. It gives a 5%-8% output gain and is well worth it.

3. In most cases, yes, stacking Crit after attaining the desired haste breakpoint and a comfortable Spirit level is going to be the most flexible and strongest output approach. I would go with Haste (to 7613 or ~9100) > Spirit to comfort > Crit > More Spirit > Mastery > More Haste.

Spirit level depends on playstyle, how much Crit you have (the higher your Crit level the less Spirit needed), how often you use Totemic Recall on HST, etc. Anywhere from 8000 to 18,000 might be the right answer.

How do you guys track Earth Shield? I tried making a dynamic group aura in Weak Auras to show all active Earth Shields, their stacks and the target so I wouldn't overlap other people's but I can't get both info at the same time. It's either the number of ES with their stacks OR the target they're on.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    How do you guys track Earth Shield? I tried making a dynamic group aura in Weak Auras to show all active Earth Shields, their stacks and the target so I wouldn't overlap other people's but I can't get both info at the same time. It's either the number of ES with their stacks OR the target they're on.
    Personally, I have Vuhdo set up to track Earth Shield. If there are more resto shamans in the group I will just whisper them and organize who does what tank etc for ES.

Deleted
    I use ElvUI to track my own ES, and co-ordinate with other Resto Shaman in the Raid on who to put it on. That way you only have to keep track of your own.

Ah yes. I was hoping to get a solution in random pugs like LFR and Flex. Guess I'll keep the aura for my own only.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.