Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is why you have such as totemic projection for HST and HTT, with a smart UW HR placed where your teammates will be moving through in a few seconds.

Any shaman that claims to not be able to do ANYTHING for movement heavy phases is just a poor healer. SWG for the first time you have to move. Ascendance+ HST for heavy movement with occasional pauses. HTT for times where you have to move clear across the map with no time at all for casts. Repeat.

Shamans aren't as gimped as you think. We can't meet other healers 100% for movement heavy fights, but we're not that terrible.

I don't think that Shaman are that weak on high mobility fights. Spiritwalker's Grace, Ancestral Swiftness, and glyphed Riptide if necessary all are effective enough tools to get through it. You should not need totemic projection for HST/HTT; they already have a 40 yard range; how often does the entire raid move more than 40 yards on a fight? I don't think Paladins or Priests have it any easier on movement fights. Outside of Holy Power dumps (15 second +ramp time) and Holy Shock every 6 seconds, Paladins need to be able to hard cast to be remotely effective. Priests have Renew/PoM (PW:S is too expensive to spam?), which isn't much more effective than Riptide/SWG.

The real issue is more spread AoE healing than mobile healing. Shaman are the only class to lack an instant cast smart heal on a short cooldown (i.e Light of Dawn, Circle of Healing, Wild Growth) and so much of our output is tied into Healing Rain. If the raid is too spread for Healing Rain to be effective (granted it has been buffed so much that it's more efficient than anything else on even 3 targets), we suffer more than any one else. You just have to hope that the combination of Glyph of Riptide/Glyph of Chaining/single target Tidal Waves-infused heals is enough to perform acceptably. Even on heavily spread fights, there just isn't that many cases where Healing Rain can't at least cover the tank and 2-3 melee. It isn't going to be as bad as it was in Firelands because:

1. Healing Rain is worth using on a lot fewer targets than it was back then.
    2. Glyphed Riptide spam is a viable option
    3. Glyphing Chain Heal for a 25 yard jump range (with a cooldown) is a possible option
    4. HST is much more effective and controllable and HTT is now an option

Updated with new stat priority.
    \

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Table
    Spirit > Int > Haste Soft Cap (1194) > Crit = Mastery > More Haste
    I'd really like to know what haste cap for goblins is at lvl 90 if you dont mind calculating it.

Thanks for everything dude.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus93 View Post
    I'd really like to know what haste cap for goblins is at lvl 90 if you dont mind calculating it.

Thanks for everything dude.
    Haste cap for Goblins is 782.
    \

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Table View Post
    Haste cap for Goblins is 782.
    so the haste cap for mop is pretty much the same as it was for cataclysm?
    if i recall correctly goblins had 780 haste for the soft cap for cata, isn't it supposed to scale?

Deleted
    if i recall correctly goblins had 780 haste for the soft cap for cata, isn't it supposed to scale?
    Dont forget haste from AS.

Binkenstein's Charts for 90

Vixsin's Charts for 85

Edit: Ignoring the HST from the 85 charts (numbers are wrong) soft cap goes from 139-46 as a goblin.
    Last edited by Table; 2012-09-13 at 11:58 PM.
    \

Those 85 charts were actually set up by Vixsin, based on my work. I haven't produced any 85 cards myself, but yes, the values for HST/HTT have changed.

Last update before MoP release. I will be updating the Specific Fights section once MoP is launched.
    \

10+ Year Old Account
    We've officially stickied this as our Resto Shaman FAQ moving forward into MoP.

Deleted
    Just looking at the pre-raid BiS list and I noticed the Chardev favors the Mindcapture Pendant (Spirit/Crit) over the Necklace of Disorientation (Spirit/Mastery). Is this due to the latter item not being added to the database?

10+ Year Old Account
    Chardev hasn't updated a lot of it's items so yes

Deleted
    hey guys,
    I was wondering, how much worth is Int healing wise as a stat now that it only gives throughput? The numbers on Crit vs Mastery vs Haste makes them easy to compare math wise but how does 1 point of int compares to them now?
    My original question was regarding trinkets and this is the root of the problem that I have deciding which trinkets to use and I think others will have the same doubts.
    I had HC HoU (spine) and HC SotSS (DS haste proc one). I got Vial of Icharous Blood and it was a no brainer swap for SotSS because of the added spirit.
    Then I got Fruit Barrel wich gives less spirit than HoU but the int proc averages a lot higher than HoU. However, I dont like int procs on heal (I dont have as much problem with on use int or even haste procs because if i get haste i can spam more TC if it procs on low time, int just gets wasted).

(context, I already decided to keep HoU because I need the spi, but this is what got me into this :P)
    Now I got Pickled egg. Is it worth swapping for HoU for the added 500ish Int? How good is the Darkmoon one since it provides no Int, how much output am I loosing?

Also, I know that on use int doesnt count toward mana tide, but Heartsong and HoU did, so its kind of a grey area what counts and what doesnt. Do Spi procs like the crane deck increase MTT?
    Last edited by mmoc172a4fa6d8; 2012-09-28 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misirlou View Post
    hey guys,
    I was wondering, how much worth is Int healing wise as a stat now that it only gives throughput? The numbers on Crit vs Mastery vs Haste makes them easy to compare math wise but how does 1 point of int compares to them now?
    My original question was regarding trinkets and this is the root of the problem that I have deciding which trinkets to use and I think others will have the same doubts.
    I had HC HoU (spine) and HC SotSS (DS haste proc one). I got Vial of Icharous Blood and it was a no brainer swap for SotSS because of the added spirit.
    Then I got Fruit Barrel wich gives less spirit than HoU but the int proc averages a lot higher than HoU. However, I dont like int procs on heal (I dont have as much problem with on use int or even haste procs because if i get haste i can spam more TC if it procs on low time, int just gets wasted).
    Healing increase of Int:
    Code:
    0.33096% Increased (Single-Target) Healing from 100 Int
    0.31604% Increased (non Single-Target) Healing from 100 Int
    Fruit barrel is very good as it has a very high uptime (10 second duration, 30 second ICD). I would suggest using it over HoU.

(context, I already decided to keep HoU because I need the spi, but this is what got me into this :P)
    Now I got Pickled egg. Is it worth swapping for HoU for the added 500ish Int? How good is the Darkmoon one since it provides no Int, how much output am I loosing?
    Pickled Egg isn't very strong as haste is not a very strong stat. The int is good and it could be very good throughput if you do not have mana problems, such as in 5 mans.

Also, Relic of Chi Ji gives 1157 Int now instead of 956 Spirit. This is not updated on WoWDB.

Also, I know that on use int doesnt count toward mana tide, but Heartsong and HoU did, so its kind of a grey area what counts and what doesnt. Do Spi procs like the crane deck increase MTT?
    Most spirit procs, including the Crane deck, do not increase MTT. The tailoring proc is one of the only procs that stacks with MTT.
    Last edited by Table; 2012-09-29 at 03:58 AM.
    \

I can confirm the on use from Vial of Ichorous Blood is factored into MTT.
    Last edited by veroz; 2012-09-29 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by veroz View Post
    I can confirm the on use from Vial of Ichorous Blood is factored into MTT.
    I have tested and I am finding that the on use effect is not factored into MTT. Why do you believe that it is? Things like that haven't worked since T11.
    \

Deleted
    Yeah I can confirm that it doesnt, I tested it

---------- Post added 2012-09-29 at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Table View Post
    Fruit barrel is very good as it has a very high uptime (10 second duration, 30 second ICD). I would suggest using it over HoU.
    Thats amazing, I though the icd was the usual 50-60 secs. very nice uptime indeed.

Also, Relic of Chi Ji gives 1157 Int now instead of 956 Spirit. This is not updated on WoWDB.
    that sucks for MTT, the trinkets is pretty much a buffed vial of icharous blood

that sucks for MTT, the trinkets is pretty much a buffed vial of icharous blood
    The trinket is still in the top 3-4 of trinkets, it just won't be BiS for 2 tiers.

While we're on the subject of trinkets, does anyone know just how good the Price of Progress is?

-ICD?
    -Does it only procs on spell casts or also on HoT ticks?
    -Proc chance is 10% according to wowhead.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    The trinket is still in the top 3-4 of trinkets, it just won't be BiS for 2 tiers.

While we're on the subject of trinkets, does anyone know just how good the Price of Progress is?

-ICD?
    -Does it only procs on spell casts or also on HoT ticks?
    -Proc chance is 10% according to wowhead.
    Price of Progress is very good. 10% proc chance, 15 second ICD. It can proc off all heals (HoTs, Healing Rain, ect.)
    \