Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misirlou View Post
    You can also start using HW instead of GHW and not overheal, and when the big hits come (elegon burn for example) you get there almost full mana, end with 10% and pump bigger heals that wont let the raid die out during the dmg
    Yeah but that just has to do with spell selection not with intellect losing out to other stats, you can get more from other secondary stats as proven from the math in the first post. With basic entry raiding gear you can already heal for fairly high Healing Waves anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Table View Post

Sorry for the confusion. Those were the old haste caps before the correction to HST and HTT scaling. 461 is the new haste cap for Goblins.

Ok, thanks

Updated specific fight section for Stone Guard. Hope to finish the resto of MV (at least normal) by the end of the week.
    \

Updated specific fight section for Stone Guard. Hope to finish the resto of MV (at least normal) by the end of the week.

MTT is awesome on this fight, as you probably know. Just make sure you use MTT before 71% and 41% and if you have enough stacks, you can have a full mana pool for the next phase.

From a 10-man normal point of view, trying to spread for chains can be a bit of a pain. Instead, if you get linked to a good ranged dps you can stack on top of each other and ignore the chain for the entire fight. If you get lucky (or the fight lasts long enough) you can end up with all your chains linking people who are happy to keep them (healer + ranged, or melee + melee work really well, the main aim we had was to reduce the chance of melee + healer being linked as that's the most awkward so you don't keep a chain between ranged and another dps) and then you ignore that mechanic.

Unless there is an overload with isn't covered by petrification, popping HTT will do more than enough healing while it is active, so you can use that time to spam some lightning bolts for a little bit of mana. Even when using HTT to cover up a bad overload its still pretty much 10 seconds of not needing to cast heals. Burst healing didn't seem important at all, in fact it was just constant moderate healing, so you can use your level 90 talent for dps (in whichever form you feel like) to knock a few seconds off the fight.

The pull is crucial, we were kiting at a moderate pace and on a good pull we would reach the stairs with me at 90-95% mana, on a bad pull I would be down to 75% (when healing the tank who will end up holding only one statue).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mashanu View Post
    MTT is awesome on this fight, as you probably know. Just make sure you use MTT before 71% and 41% and if you have enough stacks, you can have a full mana pool for the next phase.
    One word for Heroic Stone Guards: *Facedesk*

Windwalk Totem is also a godsend. This strategy with MTT you said has also proven to make healing a non issue for this fight as far as I have progressed.

Apologies if this has been asked before but I can't find much on the subject (other than in the guide which doesn't include two of the trinkets I'm talking about).

Trinket options pre-raid (inc. alchemy trinket):

Price of Progress
    Empty Fruit Barrel
    Vial of Ichorous Blood
    Thousand-Year Pickled Egg
    Zen Alchemist Stone

This is basically the same list as from the guide but includes the Zen Alchemist Stone from Alchemy and Thousand-Year Pickled Egg from Brewfest. I've also removed the deck from Inscription as I don't have 70k+ to spend on a trinket I'll replace in a month or two. Also removed the VP trinket as there are plenty better options to spend our hard earned VPs on.

Now my question is: Which two are the best? (I know it's a pretty vague question). Personally I raid 10 man and run with a druid and usually a priest (if not, another druid). I've heard some very good things about the alchemy trinket, heard next to nothing about the Brewfest trinket and have heard Price of Progress has been nerfed. I'm lucky enough to have all 5 atm but can't decide which two to choose.

Any advise would be welcomed as choosing trinkets seems much harder than 'normal' gear, damn those pesky procs.
    Last edited by Navitas; 2012-10-16 at 04:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As usual, just have a look at the thread at elitistjerks

http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t130574-...ling_5_05_mop/
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Apologies if this has been asked before but I can't find much on the subject (other than in the guide which doesn't include two of the trinkets I'm talking about).

Trinket options pre-raid (inc. alchemy trinket):

Price of Progress
    Empty Fruit Barrel
    Vial of Ichorous Blood
    Thousand-Year Pickled Egg
    Zen Alchemist Stone

This is basically the same list as from the guide but includes the Zen Alchemist Stone from Alchemy and Thousand-Year Pickled Egg from Brewfest. I've also removed the two decks from Inscription as I don't have 70k+ to spend on a trinket I'll replace in a month or two.

Now my question is: Which two are the best? (I know it's a pretty vague question). Personally I raid 10 man and run with a druid and usually a priest (if not, another druid). I've heard some very good things about the alchemy trinket, heard next to nothing about the Brewfest trinket and have heard Price of Progress has been nerfed. I'm lucky enough to have all 5 atm but can't decide which two to choose.

Any advise would be welcomed as choosing trinkets seems much harder than 'normal' gear, damn those pesky procs.
    Elitist Jerks seems to be fairly correct on the subject. I personally use my DMC Trinket and Fruit Barrel because Fruit Barrel is the only Trinket until Qin's that actually boosts our Mana Tide. I hate the Pickled Egg because Haste is our worst stat outside of Breakpoints.

Question for anyone doing progression 10man's, is your spirit at a comfortable level yet? And if so how much? I heal with a Monk/Druid right now, Druid being somewhat new to our group. I am sitting at about 10.7k Spirit with 55% Mastery and 11% Crit. I find my Mana to be...manageable but I don't think I want to aim much higher despite wanting more regen. Feng is a real annoyance but I think its more due to DPS issues than our spirit levels.

you might want to update profession bonuses for alchemy for the spirit flask since is gives 480 spirit which in your stat weights spirit=int is greater than the 320 int

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    you might want to update profession bonuses for alchemy for the spirit flask since is gives 480 spirit which in your stat weights spirit=int is greater than the 320 int
    Updated. Thanks.
    \

Quote Originally Posted by BigNeptune View Post
    Question for anyone doing progression 10man's, is your spirit at a comfortable level yet? And if so how much? I heal with a Monk/Druid right now, Druid being somewhat new to our group. I am sitting at about 10.7k Spirit with 55% Mastery and 11% Crit. I find my Mana to be...manageable but I don't think I want to aim much higher despite wanting more regen. Feng is a real annoyance but I think its more due to DPS issues than our spirit levels.
    10m here. My stats are pretty similar to yours as my effective spirit including buffs and avg value of the DMC proc is a bit over 11k. I def dont feel like I am at a point where I could trade in any spirit but I find myself starting to value int a bit more as the mana pool is big enough not to scare me by the end of kills now (once everyone has learned the fight and isnt herp derping in avoidable damage). I may change my mind deeper into heroics, but 11k+ is kinda feeling like the point at which I am devaluing spirit. I think we are in the same boat so welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Same goes for Jewelcrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Same goes for Jewelcrafting
    A normal spirit gem gives 320 spirit, the JC-only gems are 480. If you use 2 of them, you have a total of 320 more spirit than someone who uses normal spirit gems, just as the guide states.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyTheRetard View Post
    A normal spirit gem gives 320 spirit, the JC-only gems are 480. If you use 2 of them, you have a total of 320 more spirit than someone who uses normal spirit gems, just as the guide states.
    Good point, ignore me

Come on blizz sort that out!

Anyone know if Scroll of Revered Ancestors on use stacks with MTT, if so might be picking it up next

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    Anyone know if Scroll of Revered Ancestors on use stacks with MTT, if so might be picking it up next
    Most likely not as the effect isn't "permanent" like it was with for example Darkmoon Card: Tsunami, where you could maintain a 100% uptime on the buff.

If anything, I think that Intellect is less valuable for Resto Shaman than it is for any other healing spec. Here is my reasoning.

1. A large chunk of our output comes from light AOE semi-passive healing - i.e Healing Rain, Healing Stream Totem, Riptides put on tanks to roll the 10% HP buff, etc. Because of their nature and the fact that it's almost always worth using HST/HR on cooldown, these healing sources have relatively high overhealing, even though they are highly efficient. As a result, you gain very little from INT in these situations.

2. Where you want stronger spells is when the raid starts bleeding out, or when you need single target burst to get a tank or other raid member that is at low health back up. In that type of situation, Mastery will have more benefit than INT would.

3. Maintaining our maximum AoE healing spell selection (i.e ULE-HR, HST and Riptide on CD) is pretty expensive. The higher your regen, the more often you can afford to squeeze in extra Chain Heal/GHW/HS in the mix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    It doesn't.

Has anyone tested glyph of Riptide in the upcoming tier? I'm wondering if it's a glyph that's geared more towards personal play preference as opposed to a "BiS" healing setup.

So far I have lived without it in Heroic Mogushan.