Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mashanu View Post
    Has anyone tested glyph of Riptide in the upcoming tier? I'm wondering if it's a glyph that's geared more towards personal play preference as opposed to a "BiS" healing setup.

So far I have lived without it in Heroic Mogushan.
    So far I have found it not worth using, the only times I considered it was when I needed to keep a full rotation of Tidal Waves buffed single targets heals to maximise HPS (Spiritbinder HC, Will of the Emperor). That being said even then I found it only slightly useful and during the times where their wasn't intense single target healing I missed the initial heal.

Your mileage will vary though. Best answer is try with it, try without out it, check logs. If you prefer one or the other just go for it.

Has anyone compared Dancing Jade spirit with windsong to see what ends up as the better enchant. When I look at WoL, my ccombined uptime on windsong tends to be quite high with usually at least 60% but I have a log with a combined uptime (not sure if I'm allowed to add the numbers) of 99.1% on the Spirit kings.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    So far I have found it not worth using, the only times I considered it was when I needed to keep a full rotation of Tidal Waves buffed single targets heals to maximise HPS (Spiritbinder HC, Will of the Emperor). That being said even then I found it only slightly useful and during the times where their wasn't intense single target healing I missed the initial heal.

Your mileage will vary though. Best answer is try with it, try without out it, check logs. If you prefer one or the other just go for it.
    Same here. Tried it on a few fights including a few heroics and it felt incredibly weak without the initial heal. there just wasnt a fight, even heroic stone guard, where we were moving enough to feel like it was a good trade. and i never have problems with TW uptime, so i have thrown it in the dustbin for now. glyph of chaining however has been fun in some spots.

So far by the looks of things, Riptide Glyph looks pretty useful on Blade Lord Tay'ak, especially during the tornado phase where spiritwalker's grace would be on cooldown. You really cannot stop and heal unless its healing surge, and the amount of damage going out here versus the time it takes for your raid to run to the other side looks really really good for riptide glyph.

Deleted
    So far by the looks of things, Riptide Glyph looks pretty useful on Blade Lord Tay'ak, especially during the tornado phase where spiritwalker's grace would be on cooldown. You really cannot stop and heal unless its healing surge, and the amount of damage going out here versus the time it takes for your raid to run to the other side looks really really good for riptide glyph.
    Might even take Glyph of Spritwalker's Grace aswell for that fight.
    EDIT: Killed it with this setup, worked like a charm
    Last edited by mmoc36ab626ca9; 2012-11-01 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I took out Riptide Glyph. In reality, the tornados are expected to be avoided just as much as tornados back in Firelands with Alysrazor. I don't believe damage goes out during the Tornado phase, so I took that glyph out for better glyphs. Since our raid expects you not to get hit, they are pretty easy to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    Might even take Glyph of Spritwalker's Grace aswell for that fight.
    EDIT: Killed it with this setup, worked like a charm
    Spiritwalkers Grace is good overall to have during fights like Garalon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yumisara View Post
    I took out Riptide Glyph. In reality, the tornados are expected to be avoided just as much as tornados back in Firelands with Alysrazor. I don't believe damage goes out during the Tornado phase, so I took that glyph out for better glyphs. Since our raid expects you not to get hit, they are pretty easy to see.
    He does a lot of damage during the running phase and without the RT glyph, you can't do much while running the 2nd time as SWG will be on CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    He does a lot of damage during the running phase and without the RT glyph, you can't do much while running the 2nd time as SWG will be on CD.
    My guild runs with a resto druid and holy priest, I don't see much damage going out while running around avoiding tornados, only real damage I see is when people get hit by tornados.

Quote Originally Posted by Yumisara View Post
    My guild runs with a resto druid and holy priest, I don't see much damage going out while running around avoiding tornados, only real damage I see is when people get hit by tornados.
    His Storm unleashed keeps hitting the raid the entire P2. I guess it gets covered by your holy priest and resto druid by renews and rejuvs. It's not that dangerous at the 1st sight but it adds up if you can't cast during the running phase. Else you can just blanket the raid with riptides. Before the last 20% you don't use a lot of mana anyway so you can just dump your mana bar there.

Deleted
    We saw a good amount of damage on the tornado phase on our kill, although nothing crazy.

Found it very helpful to stack up for around 5 secs once you reach the platform (before you start running). This allows everyone to be topped and minimises any risk of people dropping during the phase.

Also we use Healing Tide on the first run (halfway through) and our Druid's tranq (using SWG via Symbiosis) for the second. Boss dead by third
    Last edited by mmoc03cd81e90d; 2012-11-05 at 12:16 PM.

Deleted
    Looking for a more up to date resto shaman guide. I hate when authors stop updating them.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Looking for a more up to date resto shaman guide. I hate when authors stop updating them.
    I don't see what's changed to make this out of date.

Deleted

Everything is still pretty much the same, as binkenstein states there's nothing to make it out of date

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    I don't see what's changed to make this out of date.
    Compared to this guide on Icy-Veins I've found yesterday, this severly lacks.

Deleted
    A better restoration Primal Elementalist macro. It summons the elemental that isn't on cooldown (with fire one as a priority) and uses the channeling ability on the next button press. If pressed again it cancels the channel so you can use the elemental for raid dps. If you're using the fire ele glyph for a specific boss set castsequence reset to 180:

Code:
    #showtooltip Fire Elemental Totem
    /cancelaura Empower
    /cancelaura Reinforce
    /cast [@pet,exists] Empower
    /cast [@pet,exists] Reinforce
    /castsequence reset=300 Fire Elemental Totem, Earth Elemental totem
    Last edited by mmocd0828b0993; 2012-11-07 at 08:37 AM.

Can you define how it severly lacks? Or are you just implying it because it doesn't include a massive list of every possible item you could get?

Any guide that tells me Glyph of Riptide is mandatory isn't a guide I'm going to follow. 'Recommended' maybe but 'Mandatory', no.

Is it the massive list of gear that is only ranked on ilvl and nothing more? Or the out of date 'BIS' list? Or that fact it doesn't even mention 320 spirit gems when socketing for blue gems?

Maybe you could explain why IV's guide is more up-to-date than this one rather than just mindlessly bash this one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Any guide that tells me Glyph of Riptide is mandatory isn't a guide I'm going to follow. 'Recommended' maybe but 'Mandatory', no.

Is it the massive list of gear that is only ranked on ilvl and nothing more? Or the out of date 'BIS' list? Or that fact it doesn't even mention 320 spirit gems when socketing for blue gems?

Maybe you could explain why IV's guide is more up-to-date than this one rather than just mindlessly bash this one.

Because it seems more like an attempt to drive traffic to another resource. Read bink's blog about what is happening behind the scenes :P

Deleted
    No time for detailed feedback for what I didnt like, but I just didnt find it clearly arranged and less informative than Icy Vein's guide. I also went on totemspot, Bink, and the external source you use for the restoration guide is even worse than this one - judging by the things I've pointed out briefly.

What I expect from a guide is something which teaches you about the mechanics, spell synergy and what spell is the most suited for a specific situation. I dont need 100 lines of "56465 of stat X is 1% X stat" .. it may be useful for people on ElitistJerk, but not for the normal joe, looking to get into a spec. We've had addons for reforging, enchanting and gemming since this features got introduced.. no need to brainstorm yourself how to get to that and that cap..

No time for detailed feedback for what I didnt like, but I just didnt find it clearly arranged and less informative than Icy Vein's guide. I also went on totemspot, Bink, and the external source you use for the restoration guide is even worse than this one - judging by the things I've pointed out briefly.

What I expect from a guide is something which teaches you about the mechanics, spell synergy and what spell is the most suited for a specific situation. I dont need 100 lines of "56465 of stat X is 1% X stat" .. it may be useful for people on ElitistJerk, but not for the normal joe, looking to get into a spec. We've had addons for reforging, enchanting and gemming since this features got introduced.. no need to brainstorm yourself how to get to that and that cap..
    Don't mean to be an @ss but theres a list in this guide of all spells in our toolkit and when they're useful. IIRC the guide tells you to use UE and healing rain if theres multiple targets, is that not what you're looking for? Im sure most mechanics of spells you can learn by reading the tooltip....

I'm not saying IV isn't a good guide, I usually go there first to get a general idea of a spec im learning. But like someone said above, glyph of riptide as mandatory?
    The only fight i've glyphed it on is Blade Lord. Theres only a small window of downtime on riptide if you do cast 2 healing surges. Not to mention you can use chain heal. Hell, sometimes I even use unleashed fury + unglyphed riptide for a 70-80k crit in a matter of a GCD.