Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think you got them the wrong way round, but yea, else you are correct.

I personally hit haste to 2nd breakpoint then balls out mastery. Crit is an RNG stat, always will be. Doesn't matter if you have 99% crit, there's still 1% chance that you're going to not crit on each spell. I prefer mastery as it's a working stat which is more reliable. Following this, the 4 set is worth picking up for the hell of it.

If you wana stack crit, go ahead, it's theoretically sound. It's personal preference at the end of the day and if it works for you, then why change it

Quote Originally Posted by Hamerfal View Post
    I think you got them the wrong way round, but yea, else you are correct.

I personally hit haste to 2nd breakpoint then balls out mastery. Crit is an RNG stat, always will be. Doesn't matter if you have 99% crit, there's still 1% chance that you're going to not crit on each spell. I prefer mastery as it's a working stat which is more reliable. Following this, the 4 set is worth picking up for the hell of it.

If you wana stack crit, go ahead, it's theoretically sound. It's personal preference at the end of the day and if it works for you, then why change it
    I want to say 4 things about crit.

Crit works in conjunction with mastery. So by increasing your crit, you can get the most out of your mastery because the big heals will be even bigger.

Crit works great with HoTs (ELW, RT and HR) because you have them rolling on multiple people who're in the need of the healing. And then you can eliminate the RNG aspect by supplying extra heal to the people who got fewer HoT crits.

Critted single target heals proc AA which is rarely a needless heal as it's smart.

And unless you only ever cast HR and HST, crit is the only throughput stat that increases our blue bar. Because over the course of the fight, the RNG aspect on your mana bar will mostly be negated.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Deleted
    After the 871 soft cap which is the closest one to it? I can't avoid being at around 1300 or so, so im just wondering if there's a close cap I should be trying to reach.

15+ Year Old Account
    You could go for the 2017 cap and drop AS in favour of EM.
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhoof View Post
    If I do that I would lose a tick from earthliving weapon though, right?
    Last edited by mmocd4569adb10; 2012-12-14 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madhoof View Post
    I still wouldn't necessarily want to do that even if I had 2017 haste from gear naturally. EM is a cooldown that drains more mana for throughput. Also, I find the instant cast of Ancestral Swiftness extremely useful, both as an emergency heal and/or a way to bypass the cast time of Healing Rain, especially during Ascendance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes it drains more mana, but sometimes that's a necessary thing, if you want to keep people alive. Together with ascendence it heals nearly as much as HTT. I used it now for about 2 weeks and I felt pretty comfortable. Actually I used AS hardly ever so I just gave it a go and was quite happy with it. I normally precast HR before I pop ascendence, but of course that would be a good use of AS. Alltogether I prefer EM if I can afford it statswise, but that doesn't mean that EM > AS. That's just another point where personal opinion/playstyle counts more than anything else.

Deleted
    Any shamans have gone up to 2017 haste and taken EM instead of AS?
    I would like to hear experiences and thoughts

When I was a goblin I was way over the haste cap naturally thanks to my gear and racial* so started reforging down as much as I could and taking EM/EotE over AS. Since I started talenting into these two, I haven't wanted to go back. I switch back and forth between them depending if its more of an aoe healing fight with bursts (EM) or a single target fight with occasional chain heals (EotE). Both have been useful to me. And since the only thing I'd be gaining from AS anyways is the one instant heal every 1.5 minutes, so maybe 3 or 4 times on a fight IF you use it on cooldown which you probably don't, it just doesn't do as much in comparison when you don't need that extra haste. I do get that it can save a tank and its great during ascendance, but for me at least in a 10 man where my other two healers are good AS was never needed to save a tank and I only used it for more output and the aforementioned ascendance trick.

Now specifically on how the talents work out in practice, I think they're great and like how they swap well. EM can be up twice in most fights and when paired with HTT and a couple of HR's for its duration its a lot of extra healing. Its even better and raid saving on fights like Heroic Feng or Heroic Wind-Lord. On the other hand, EotE is much more helpful on those fights where EM can't shine when you don't cast HR and rarely need to cast HTT. And plus, seeing double chain heals happen is awesome . They also combine with the final tier talents well enough. EM with Primal Elementalist and EotE with Unleashed Fury. All in all I would take these over AS any day. Although, if I needed that extra 5% haste it would be a different story.

*The goblin racial makes the 2017 number 1576 but I was still hovering around 2k after reforging because of all the haste on my gear, so this should still be useful to non-goblins. As a panda right now, I'm at 2030 haste and still able to be reforged out of it everywhere.

Deleted
    Why do people say that 2017 equals 871 without AS?
    Shouldn't it be 3039 to reach 12.5% haste without ancestral swiftness?

I would really appreciate some clarification about this.

15+ Year Old Account
    You are absolutely correct. If you go for the 2017 cap without AS, you will lose the additional tick of ELW compared to 871 cap with AS. To keep the same benefits of the 871 cap with AS you would need to have 3039 haste as you wrote.

I guess this is something most people that are using that strategy are taking into account. Of course ELW contributes to your overall healing and losing a tick will shorten that part of your overall healing, but I'd say the major part of HPS increase in this scenario comes from the extra ticks of RT and HR. So the loss of that extra ELW tick won't hurt you that much.

I can't tell you if it was better to go for the 3039 cap when dropping AS in favour of EM or to go for the 2017 cap and adstain from the extra tick for ELW. I went for the 2017 cap and was quite happy with it.

Another thing that sould be mentioned is that if you are able to reach the 3039 cap you should think about going for the 3764 cap and take AS (remind the bug). That being said 3039 without AS would only make sense if you really can't reach 3769 (or more thinking of latency issues).

TLDR: 871 + AS, 2017 + EM or 3764 (and more) + AS are the most common "specs" I guess.
    Last edited by Madhoof; 2012-12-19 at 02:05 PM.

Hello

Quick question from me here. I've noticed since the new patch my script macros aren't working.

I'm currently using these 2 (primarily).

/cast Healing Stream Totem
    /script DestroyTotem(3)

&

#showtooltip
    /cast Spirit Link Totem
    /script DestroyTotem(4)

Neither are working since the patch. Is this an Addon conflict somewhere on my end or something Blizz changed with 5.1?
    Signature size violated forum rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ushra View Post
    Hello

Quick question from me here. I've noticed since the new patch my script macros aren't working.

/script DestroyTotem(3)

&

#showtooltip
    /cast Spirit Link Totem
    /script DestroyTotem(4)

Neither are working since the patch. Is this an Addon conflict somewhere on my end or something Blizz changed with 5.1?
    maybe because they're considered spells now? dont know exactly since i'm not using such macros :x

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    maybe because they're considered spells now? dont know exactly since i'm not using such macros :x
    Didn't even think about that. Guess that's it. I wonder would /in macros work...!

Just got the 4 set and my HW/GHW cast reduced by 0.11 sec, have about 1100 haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Ushra View Post
    Hello

/script DestroyTotem(3)

&

#showtooltip
    /cast Spirit Link Totem
    /script DestroyTotem(4)

try instead of /script DestroyTotem(4), use /click TotemFrameTotem4 RightButton. Works great. Ofc change the 4 to a number based on the totem type. You will need to click the button twice in order for it to summon then destroy the totem

Quote Originally Posted by delaxes View Post
    try instead of /script DestroyTotem(4), use /click TotemFrameTotem4 RightButton. Works great. Ofc change the 4 to a number based on the totem type. You will need to click the button twice in order for it to summon then destroy the totem
    Didn't work :<

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=86184#english-comments

Is this the resto BiS? If yes, how much would you pay for it. Thanks for the answer!

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I seriously doubt that is resto bis, no spirit and non heroic. I would assume the heroic bracers from Blade Lord is resto bis just as for elemental.

can someone explain the haste bug to me? im at 3764 haste exactly and im testing the ticks of hst and htt, I get 9 ticks of hst, and 7 ticks of healing tide but i get the same number even under 3764, so should i reforge out of haste or does the haste breakpoint only work sometimes?