Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Works nice for my plan in 5.2 though. Ditch the glyph of totemic recall while having haste slightly above the HST breakpoint once I can get my hands on the 2set bonus. And with the 4set being a buff to haste and mastery, going for crit might not end up being the best plan anymore.
    Yeah the value of crit looks like it will go down. As for Totemic Recall that depends on your guilds dps. If the fight takes too long then mana can always be a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    so did anything change with 5.2 regarding statpriority or glyphs/talents? i buyed the neutral neck with crit since i was vp caped.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nette/advanced if you spot something i should/could change please let me know. i'm trying to get in shape for my weekend raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    so did anything change with 5.2 regarding statpriority or glyphs/talents? i buyed the neutral neck with crit since i was vp caped.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nette/advanced if you spot something i should/could change please let me know. i'm trying to get in shape for my weekend raid
    What worked for you in T14 will work in T15 as well. Getting T15-4pc devalues crit somewhat in regards to Ancestral Awakening procs, but in essence, if you keep doing it like you did in T14, you'll be fine.

Your reforging is a bit chaotic. Once you reforce mastery -> crit, then you reforge crit -> mastery. I suppose you have your reasons for it (shared gear between ele and resto maybe?).

Resto shaman hasn't changed at all, apart from that 15% less mana buff to Healing Rain. So whenever you can use it more often due to the raid stacking up for an intense phase, it'll be somewhat easier on your mana. It's probably more noticeable for 25-man raiders, but even in 10-man, you can do a lot with HR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    What worked for you in T14 will work in T15 as well. Getting T15-4pc devalues crit somewhat in regards to Ancestral Awakening procs, but in essence, if you keep doing it like you did in T14, you'll be fine.

Your reforging is a bit chaotic. Once you reforce mastery -> crit, then you reforge crit -> mastery. I suppose you have your reasons for it (shared gear between ele and resto maybe?).

Resto shaman hasn't changed at all, apart from that 15% less mana buff to Healing Rain. So whenever you can use it more often due to the raid stacking up for an intense phase, it'll be somewhat easier on your mana. It's probably more noticeable for 25-man raiders, but even in 10-man, you can do a lot with HR.
    nah thats just Reforgelite. i set it so it puts me as close to 5200mastery as possible. thats why my reforging seems chaotic i guess

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Overall a great guide! Would be cool if you updated the math section for Elemental Mastery to include the current buff it got.

Quote Originally Posted by Migrin View Post
    Overall a great guide! Would be cool if you updated the math section for Elemental Mastery to include the current buff it got.
    More than likely the Op isnt updating this post anymore.

How good is Elemental Mastery rather than AS? I know you should reach the 3,309 haste if you drop AS if you grab EM, so that might change your reforge a bit. Do you line EM up with Ascendance and HTT? I would like if anyone could go over my armory if you could. Recently reforged into the EM spec to test it out for next raid, so I lost a bit of crit/spirit(not reforged into on some pieces to reach the haste break through). http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ithan/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by YBT View Post
    How good is Elemental Mastery rather than AS? I know you should reach the 3,309 haste if you drop AS if you grab EM, so that might change your reforge a bit. Do you line EM up with Ascendance and HTT? I would like if anyone could go over my armory if you could. Recently reforged into the EM spec to test it out for next raid, so I lost a bit of crit/spirit(not reforged into on some pieces to reach the haste break through). http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ithan/advanced
    Fucking bad yo, is that picture you?

[User was infracted for this post]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-03-10 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YBT View Post
    Ok im going to put a disclaimer that I could be wrong here. Also at the time im typing this you are in an ele spec so kind of hard to tell things as much.

If you drop As you will need 6077 haste for the Healing Tide and Healing Stream Totem breakpoints. Also keep in mind sometimes your latency affects these extra ticks. Now looking at our 2 set bonus our HST heals another player for 25% of its original heal. This would make HST ticks very important because of the higher output its getting. So later down the road you will prbly want these breakpoints.

Now Elemental Mastery pulls ahead once you have the haste to ignore AS. But keep in mind what stats you are losing to get that haste. ANother good thing about Elemental Mastery is fights that have burst dmg phases. If the main problem is just a raid wide damage taken burst about every ~90 seconds then EM wil prbly pull ahead with you popping it with Ascendance. Then next time popping it with HTT. And just do a pattern with it.

Looking into frequency of Water Shield procs on my kills this week on the new bosses, here are the results for how often Water Shield procced in each fight. Water Shield needs to proc at least every 22 seconds for the glyph to become an MP5 gain.

We should be glyphing it on Tortos, Durumu and Dark Animus, and generally leaving it unglyphed on all of the other fights.

Glyph is a Major MP5 gain:

Tortos - 9.4 seconds
    Dark Animus - 9.6 seconds
    Durumu - 11.8 seconds

Glyph is a Marginal MP5 gain:

Jin'rokh - 19.1 seconds

Glyph is a Major MP5 loss:

Horridon - 51.3 seconds
    Council of Elders - 61.4 seconds
    Megaera - 226.5 seconds
    Ji-Kun - 68.2 seconds
    Primordius - 127 seconds
    Iron Qon - 62.5 seconds
    Twin Consorts - 53.4 seconds
    Lei Shen - 115.5 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Works nice for my plan in 5.2 though. Ditch the glyph of totemic recall while having haste slightly above the HST breakpoint once I can get my hands on the 2set bonus. And with the 4set being a buff to haste and mastery, going for crit might not end up being the best plan anymore.
    I would not recommend ditching totemic recall. Even if you recall your totems to early if your talented into totemic restoration you get the lost time taken off your cooldown in proportion. So if you ditch your HST at 5 seconds left youll only have a 10 secobd cooldown as opposed to 15

Deleted
    Under spells > ascendance rheumatoid guide says that it doesn't work with totems it does... At least with HTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Gendori View Post
    I would not recommend ditching totemic recall. Even if you recall your totems to early if your talented into totemic restoration you get the lost time taken off your cooldown in proportion. So if you ditch your HST at 5 seconds left youll only have a 10 secobd cooldown as opposed to 15
    I think it's a personal decision on whether to glyph Totemic Recall or not. It doesn't necessarily play nice with other talents, especially Primal Elementalist (reduces the amount of times that you can recall). You can also recall totems at 0 seconds on the totem timer. It's a decision between the extra GCDs recalling takes and the extra regen that it provides. I personally keep it glyphed, but often will choose to let a totem expire rather than use a GCD on it if I can't afford one (and obviously if it would recall Stormlash or an elemental).

I don't like the Totemic Restoration talent. You also don't understand how it works. It gives back 50% of the lost cooldown of the totem you are pulling early. That means if you recall your HST 10 seconds in, the 5 extra seconds will be pushed into a 2.5 second decrease off the cooldown of the next HST, NOT 5 full seconds. This means.

0:00 - Drop HST
    0:10 - Recall HST
    0:27.5 - HST off CD.

It is a major uptime loss on any totem that are recalling, making the talent really bad unless there is a situational need to get SLT or Tremor totem out for just 1-2 seconds and then have them back off CD faster. If you are using Totemic Recall, it does add a very slight amount of CD reduction, but if you are doing it right (i.e recalling at 0-1 second left), you're only looking at like a 0.3 second or so average CD reduction.

Personally, I prefer Totemic Projection as a default talent. The ability to positionally place SLT (you can write this into a macro to positionally place it with one action bar button) is amazing, and even the ability to move other totems on high movement phases this tier can be useful. I will only pick up the other 2 talents if there is a situational need (the only one I found last tier was Heroic Shek'zeer and the need to take Call or Totemic Restoration for more Tremor totem uses when doing the fight with less than 3 Shaman).

Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    Personally, I prefer Totemic Projection as a default talent. The ability to positionally place SLT (you can write this into a macro to positionally place it with one action bar button) is amazing, and even the ability to move other totems on high movement phases this tier can be useful. I will only pick up the other 2 talents if there is a situational need (the only one I found last tier was Heroic Shek'zeer and the need to take Call or Totemic Restoration for more Tremor totem uses when doing the fight with less than 3 Shaman).
    I couldn't agree more about Totemic Projection. I love this one so much I wish it was baseline. It's almost required to use SLT properly unless it's a stacking phase of the fight. By the way, that macro would look like:

/cast Spirit Link Totem
    /cast Totemic Projection

Since TP is off the gcd it would immediately give you the ground target reticule? I would test but servers are down atm.

Don't forget you will want Call of the Elements to reset Glyphed Grounding Totem for Kazra'jin possessed phase. 30s of reflect immunity for your party members is too good to pass up.
    Last edited by Varzik; 2013-03-12 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varzik View Post
    I couldn't agree more about Totemic Projection. I love this one so much I wish it was baseline. It's almost required to use SLT properly unless it's a stacking phase of the fight. By the way, that macro would look like:

/cast Spirit Link Totem
    /cast Totemic Projection

Since TP is off the gcd it would immediately give you the ground target reticule? I would test but servers are down atm.
    Correct, I would also add in /stopcasting at the start of the macro, because if you try to use it while on GCD, it will use up the TP CD but not cast SLT.

need some help i won http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/95670 in lfr just there but im currently using http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/86865 is the fist weapon i won worth the 500 int loss from the sha touched gem?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    need some help i won http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/95670 in lfr just there but im currently using http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/86865 is the fist weapon i won worth the 500 int loss from the sha touched gem?
    I would vote for the Fist weapon. The increase in Spellpower spirit and having a regular gem slot out does the lfr sha touched with the gem.

Deleted
    I've been raiding 10 man ever since i started playing and I've always done well, recently i switched to a 25 man group and noticed I'm not doing so well compared to other healers I'd like it if you could give me any tips that would apply for 25 and could improve my gameplay.

Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    It is a major uptime loss on any totem that are recalling, making the talent really bad unless there is a situational need to get SLT or Tremor totem out for just 1-2 seconds and then have them back off CD faster. If you are using Totemic Recall, it does add a very slight amount of CD reduction, but if you are doing it right (i.e recalling at 0-1 second left), you're only looking at like a 0.3 second or so average CD reduction.

I tried using it in t14 progression couple months ago but atleast then Totemic Projection had a major bug considering water totems. If you move your HST/HTT they go devnull. The totems move alright but stop healing. Don't know if that has been fixed yet.

EDIT: Tested it out in orgrimmar and water totems seemed to be healing even if they were projected. So it's fixed!
    Last edited by Puupi; 2013-03-14 at 10:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Hello Resto Shaman Community, I come as a concerned friend about a fellow resto shaman friend of mine who is doing quite sub par in raids. He's been playing resto shaman since BC. While I'm sure, he's probably already visited the forums, I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on the current state of shamans. We raid 25M's and here is a wol of our magera attempts. It really seems as though the absorbtions are raping the shit out of hps

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...m/healingDone/

Looking for some critiques

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Kazandu/simple