Poll: What races do you want to play as?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What are some races you wish to play in the future?

EDIT:
    I realize there are TONS of races left off of this list. The polls only allow me to add 15 options
    I left a lot out simply because of forgetful me. There are so many species and races in SWTOR that it would be hard to narrow it down to 15, so I kinda just chose the ones (from the link below) that would seem feasible to just add in on a whim, given that most are already seen wearing different player wearable gear.

First, a link to give you a good reference of non playable races in SWTOR -- http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Species

I made this poll with 15 races that seem feasible to put in.
    By feasible i mean.. they wear normalish armor, would be easy for bioware to implement, and are sentient.
    Don't get me wrong, i want to be a Hutt pimp and my big attack is "move 5 feet and breath on enemy so he passes out to your awful breath"

I personally would like to play a Wookie (duh) and a Voss!

What about you all?
    Last edited by Olala; 2012-08-10 at 10:19 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    would give my left an right nut to level a sith jugg of yodas race

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    Wouldn't we all?
    I wouldn't mind adding in further customization options, like making my character super old and ancient looking like palpatine

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    Well even with the perk of such a sought after treasure as your left nut, it is never going to happen.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Well even with the perk of such a sought after treasure as your left nut, it is never going to happen.
    Breaking news, the yoda race is now in the cash shop for just 150 dollars!!!

Just kidding. It would make them a LOT of money though if they put it in at a reasonable price. heck I don't even play swtor anymore and I want it

Deleted
    Quarren would be awesome but i'm quite happy with chiss beeing in game

Cathar are being added, this is already confirmed. For me, I like the more...martial races. I'd like Talz, Trandoshan, and especially Kaleesh.

I imagine we may see Togruta before those though.

I don't think we will ever see a playable Yoda race, nor do I have any desire TO ever see a playable Yoda race.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    How about one that doesn't have the same skeleton and animations and hair-options as all the others? A Hutt perhaps? >.<

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

One of the issues they face moving forward with new species is the size changes it would or could create. Right now everybody is the same size for each of the 4 body choices they picked. Adding in some of the different races listed here or in SW lore would blow that out of whack and open up a new can of worms for different issues in the game. You would see a flood of short toons in pvp for cover and los advantages like you do in other games. The tall ones like wookies would have issues in most in door hallway type settings. The way cameras follow is already a bit of a nightmare now running as a wookie brings back horrible memories of being a tauren in ST or bear tanking and staring at a bears ass all the time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Nautolan and Vos!

or Joda race but thats never going to happen

voted kaleesh, but i would also kill for falleen. sexy lizard people ftw ;D

Deleted
    How is it even possible to forget Jawas from a poll like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    How is it even possible to forget Jawas from a poll like this?
    Yes the wee Jawas and Ewoks are definately an oversight on this list.

And yes I want to be a Wookie and be able to tear droids arms off!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Breaking news, the yoda race is now in the cash shop for just 150 dollars!!!
    You know honestly if that ever happened it would be a very very bad sign. Considering how much the devs have said Lucas does not want the Yoda race playable... though I suppose it also might mean that Lucas has backed off control of somethings and in some way that could be seen as a good thing

I still personally want to play the Voss race though. I would also like Jawa, but I also feel like despite me wanting it, it is something that probably shouldn't happen.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really wanted to create a Togruta rather than a Twi'lek, but a Wookie, Rodian or Mon Cal would have been fun choices as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wookie should of been a no brainer. It be a different looking race and who wouldnt want to be a huge hulking wookie. They probaly have to add something really cool to darkside as well. Maybe a race as big and strong as wookies but evil. Or yoda race not sure what that is. Be like gnomes from wow lol. They should of really mixed up some cool races. I was lil bewildered when I seen they pretty much had 2 human classes. Just ones that look dumb with blind folds lol. Lame choices from bioware

Quote Originally Posted by DanBowie View Post
    and who wouldnt want to be a huge hulking wookie. They probaly have to add something really cool to darkside as well. Maybe a race as big and strong as wookies but evil.
    I wouldn't wanna be a huge hulking Wookie. As for big and strong, the Gammoreans, Trandoshans, and, uhh, Houlks(not sure if that's the right spelling, it's whatever race Skadge is) are all supposed to be near the wookie level of strength. Thing is, none of those races are canonically Imp side they're all independent, so if wookie is Rep only, you'd either have to tweak canon to fit one of those as Empire(Houlks usually work in gangs and for the Hutts a lot but I don't recall ever seeing any of them work for the Reps, so that could be an option) or find something else. I think Kaleesh would be a good choice myself, I mean, they may not be as big and strong as wookies, but their skill as fighters is well respected, and they wear skull masks which is just awesome.

Deleted
    Togruta, wookie would be fun but you honestly couldn't play the game listening to every speech option just being some wookie noise :P

I'm fairly positive we will never see a race that doesn't speak basic. That would kinda defeat the whole purpose of all the VOs. Also for romances to work the races have to all be very near human.

Those two factors eliminate a lot of the races on your list :/

Personally I am perfectly happy continuing to make all my characters human. I guess Voss would be my choice from the list though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostagecat View Post
    Yes the wee Jawas and Ewoks are definately an oversight on this list.

And yes I want to be a Wookie and be able to tear droids arms off!!!!!
    Sorry! I left them out because I figure since they're so tiny they may never be included. I made this poll mainly with my in-game experience of seeing these other races in gear that players can already wear.

I would LOVE to be a Jawa operative haha. Imagine the rage