Did you know ...

That when you distill spirits - as in make rum or vodka or even homemade thunderbird - that the first bits of alcohol that come out when you tap your still is methanol and if you drink just 10ml of it you could be stricken blind and at 30ml you can die.

This is why people pour some of their drink on the ground as an offering to the gods, since if someone doesn't offer the gods their tribute they may be struck blind or killed.

That's science and anthropology bitches!

Oooh, new ways to dispose of people

So is this a "did you know" thread or a thread about distilling alcohol?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    thats pretty interesting ^_^

Yes I knew this, saw it on the T.V. Series "Moonshiners" with Tim, and Tickle!

Left to Right: Tim's son, Tim, and Tickle

but did you know that the last bit( the leftovers) are often squeezed and made into say ouzo, and other strong drinks, that my friend also stings (though it wont make you go blind or die, that is unless you drink to much)

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    So is this a "did you know" thread or a thread about distilling alcohol?
    It's up to you, but I'm just putting in random facts that I find interesting.

Did you know that some people believe Michael Jackson accidentally chemically castrated himself using acne medication when he was a teenager? Essentially turning himself into a castrato?

That suddenly makes his relationship with kids a lot less disturbing when you realize that he had essentially feminized himself - which is also why he looked a lot more like Janet than say Tito.

Don't spill anything!!

Daddy needs his Coping Juice...