Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,773

    Ranked games, what the hell is wrong with low elo?

    I started doing ranked recently and, well, like the topic name says. What the fuck is wrong with low elo ranked games? I literally feel like I'm back to summoner lvl 10 with all the stupidity and lack of any trace of skill all around. I have much, much better, organized and simply higher quality games when I do normal draft than ranked... Last 3 games neither team had a jungler, when I ended up going ad carry I had a gankplank "support" me by stealing half the cs, autoattack pushing and baiting me in with his ulti, I ended up supporting a retarded yi, played against a Gragas who hugged my tower, got ganked within seconds of returning from death and went 0/10 within what I believe to be record time so far, had my team decide the best usage of an ace is to farm some minions despite a naked inhib waiting to be killed... There are just so, so many retarded things I have witnessed over past 2 days since I started ranked I'm sincerely losing my faith in humanity. Oo
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  2. #2
    I'm not sure what you expected? It's low elo for a reason, surely.

  3. #3
    Warchief Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,147
    It's where the trolls got put.
    Then us unfortunate players get the chance to visit when we get our ELO troll'd down.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  4. #4
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyratops View Post
    I'm not sure what you expected? It's low elo for a reason, surely.
    I expected something at the very, very least at the level of normal, unranked games. >.>
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  5. #5
    I got a teemo as support when I was ad carry who proceeded to die 8 times in the first 15 minutes and 15 times in total. That was around 1250 elo or so

  6. #6
    The Patient Jonticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    North Yorkshire, UK!
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I expected something at the very, very least at the level of normal, unranked games. >.>
    Some players are just unskilled (or trolling), doesn't matter whether they are playing ranked or normals

    People hit 30 and start playing ranked, some of them don't hone their skill/learn champs in normals, resulting in them having a Low ELO and staying there since they still don't learn. you'll regularly see people with 500+ wins at 900 ELO! I made the mistake of starting ranked before I could competently play all roles resulting in me being placed at a terribad ELO... I returned to normals, bought some champs and some runes and learned to play and ward properly, but still can't climb much higher in ranked due to people who aren't willing to do the same.

  7. #7
    This is why I keep telling myself "I'm just going to spam ranked now" and then do 1 normal and go "Oh shit, if these guys are 1800, what will happen to met at 1250?"

    I stomped a 1950 in top yesterday in normal. My rating is 1248. Now I'm not saying I should be in 1900 because I can beat 1 player once, but I do feel I'd be more in my place there than in 1200. The - trolls - scare - me.

  8. #8
    Hm ... no jungler for 3 games you are in, hint hint.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Hm ... no jungler for 3 games you are in, hint hint.
    I can do everything -except- jungling. I'm just really, really bad at it... but I think I'm going to force myself to learn it if this persists. >.>
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  10. #10
    Solo queue is well, just fucked up!
    You have to rely on 3/4 others (depending on if you sign up with someone) that you have never met!
    I am stuck between 1200 elo and 1300 right now, but well I see the bright light. I've only got 20 wins in ranked, and a few less losses.
    Good luck to you.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I can do everything -except- jungling. I'm just really, really bad at it... but I think I'm going to force myself to learn it if this persists. >.>
    There are some really easy junglers to play and if enemy team does not have jungler it's almost an autowin with two jungle paths to farm. Farm jungle, when enemy line pushes, go gank it. That's all you need to do.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    There are some really easy junglers to play and if enemy team does not have jungler it's almost an autowin with two jungle paths to farm. Farm jungle, when enemy line pushes, go gank it. That's all you need to do.
    If he's playing with noobs as he says, I bet that they are going to lose solo top very fast then.
    But you can always give it a go anyway.

  13. #13
    Immortal Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    7,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    This is why I keep telling myself "I'm just going to spam ranked now" and then do 1 normal and go "Oh shit, if these guys are 1800, what will happen to met at 1250?"

    I stomped a 1950 in top yesterday in normal. My rating is 1248. Now I'm not saying I should be in 1900 because I can beat 1 player once, but I do feel I'd be more in my place there than in 1200. The - trolls - scare - me.
    Does he play top normally? Maybe he mains Graves or Ahri and was just going top for a change of pace. Maybe bought a new champ to try it out. Who knows.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentess View Post
    If he's playing with noobs as he says, I bet that they are going to lose solo top very fast then.
    But you can always give it a go anyway.
    It's not that bad. You can clear jungle and then stick top/ignore other lines. It's still plenty advantageous for you. And often what happens is enemy line pushes 2v1 to tower and then you come with red and exhaust and kill one or even both of them.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  15. #15
    Immortal Tizzlefix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    7,057
    Don't get me started how bad this game gets at lower ELO... I'm literally pissed after last night. I had to leavers in 2 consecutive matches which therefore led to 2 losses. I was basically on the winning 1 game then losing the next, rinse repeat thing for the past few days until last night. There is just something about low ELO that really gets to you. When people say they will go afk I just tell them that's the reason they are in this ELO not because of shitty players but because they go afk.

    It just baffles me how they don't understand that ELO is what defines how good you are in the eyes of others and I hate it when someone says they are pro in my ELO range because they destroyed a lane. I mean seriously you're in the 900-1000 range and you think you are great, stop bragging gain some ELO and come back to me.

    Also I've found by learning jungler and playing it well actually helps the team more than any other position because you can technically babysit all lanes if you get what I'm trying to say. I've seen many junglers at low ELO and they don't know jack shit about anything they are doing. I know Shaco is sort of a pubstomper but if you know how to gank a person at level 3 then you can pretty much snowball your way to victory with him for the most part. Also when I go to a lane sometimes and I ping the enemy player which basically means, "Kill that motherfucker", they tend to just be completely oblivous about what's happening and sometimes I won't get the successful gank because they sitting back at their tower alt-tabbed out and jacking off to porn.

    If you can jungle with a good amount of champions then low ELO is sort of a joke, especially if the enemy is pushing the lane.
    Last edited by Tizzlefix; 2012-08-09 at 01:43 PM.

  16. #16
    Stood in the Fire Xenlol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post

    Also I've found by learning jungler and playing it well actually helps the team more than any other position because you can technically babysit all lanes if you get what I'm trying to say. I've seen many junglers at low ELO and they don't know jack shit about anything they are doing. I know Shaco is sort of a pubstomper but if you know how to gank a person at level 3 then you can pretty much snowball your way to victory with him for the most part. Also when I go to a lane sometimes and I ping the enemy player which basically means, "Kill that motherfucker", they tend to just be completely oblivous about what's happening and sometimes I won't get the successful gank because they sitting back at their tower alt-tabbed out and jacking off to porn.

    If you can jungle with a good amount of champions then low ELO is sort of a joke, especially if the enemy is pushing the lane.
    Yeah. If you can duo queue with someone and you or him play Jungle, your chances go up. I play support most of the time, and my friend Jungles. But we still get the retarded AD/mid/top player more often than not. Fizz going 1-9. SICK.

  17. #17
    Immortal Tizzlefix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    7,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    Yeah. If you can duo queue with someone and you or him play Jungle, your chances go up. I play support most of the time, and my friend Jungles. But we still get the retarded AD/mid/top player more often than not. Fizz going 1-9. SICK.
    Did the Fizz say he was sick with skill? (joke)

    Yeah, whenever I duo I always seem to be going bot with my duo partner and it actually isn't as good. It's probably better to have someone in a different area of the map and not for both to go bot because then that means you have it more spread out. I actually see some good players in low ELO but it's the fact that they just can't get out of low ELO because of all the "interruptions" shall I say.

    It really does suck being down there and I find that I usually have a great early game naturally but as mid game progresses you start to see the disadvantage of one lane feeding the other. It goes both ways but we notice our own team feed more than the the enemy team feeding us because we as people (mostly) see flaws more than strengths, some try to fix them others will just blame just so they don't feel responsible and it never gets anywhere.

  18. #18
    I've been there...just need to keep playing.

    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

  19. #19
    Stood in the Fire Xenlol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Did the Fizz say he was sick with skill? (joke)
    Nah. More like "I carry mid" and auto locked ^^

    Aaah bads, bads everywhere!

  20. #20
    Immortal Tizzlefix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    7,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    Nah. More like "I carry mid" and auto locked ^^

    Aaah bads, bads everywhere!
    Hmm, that's better. Most say that but then get roflstomped like it was their mother smacking their ass for stealing money and buying a whole convenience store.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •