Good Setup for Video Capture of HQ GW2

Looking over Marset's builds... what machine would be good for high quality capture of stated game in subject line?

720p/1080p capture of at least 30 FPS, if not more.

Thanks in advance.

Any of the "Gaming" setups after (and including) "Gaming 1050 1200"... I'd just advise you to get a separate 7200RPM hard drive exclusively for recording to. Or maybe get an SSD large enough for your OS, the game and FRAPS (probably at least 120GB), then record to the HDD.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-08-09 at 04:18 PM.

I've a second drive in my current machine, but it's a little underpowered. WOrked well for TF2 and WoW, but trying to get TERA and GW2 to play nice was a pain.

Many thanks.

Actually, looking back over your requirements and the builds, I'd say anything after (and including) Gaming 1200 (with the separate drive for recording).

Returning to this. I had settled on the Workstation 1650, though with some considerations.

The first is the lack of explicit video cards. I was going to put in the EVGA 680s, SLI/X-Fired.

Second consideration was power, I'm not sure 650W is sufficient with two cards, especially with an extra drive in there.

Third being the case has been discontinued on NewEgg. Could probably find it on Amazon, but just something to note.

I'm not sure if the Gaming 1200 will be able to handle HD capture of GW2 gameplay. Will a single card be sufficient?

Thanks in advance.

It's more about the speed of the HDD than anything else when frapsing... When your HDD is at 7200 rpm, any recent cpu and gpu can run it easily without problems. 1 680 and a 7200 rpm HDD will destroy fraps.

Don't bother getting 2 680s when you're not using more than 1 screen. It's 500 dollars wasted imo. 1 is more than sufficient!

Even the gaming 1050 and perhaps lower is fine for playing GW2 at max while capturing video. It really doesn't require much power.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

How well will the capture run in PvP though? I know the game's not out and I'm sure we haven't seen an optimized build, but I'm just curious.

Anyone here running captures during the beta of PvP?

You will hardly notice an fps decrease when you have a decent setup. Can go down 5-10 fps. Nothing to worry about mate!