Thread: Classic Cars

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love all muscle cars from the 60's-'70s.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

Quote Originally Posted by anderekel View Post
    Ok, I just uploaded a couple pictures of my Ranchero for ya. For some reason there's 3 of the same pic, but meh. imgur.com/a/3kG7q

I can't post full links yet
    Very nice, man. If you ever decide to get rid of her ^^ let me know. I've always wanted a ranchero. I just gotta finish this duster first!

People shouldn't be afraid to try to get/work on a classic car. If you've always wanted one, go for it! It's a learning experience, and takes a lot of time and work, but anything worth it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    Yea I can see that, who wants a six when you can have an 8.....
    I'd rather have a 4 personally.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'd rather have a 4 personally.
    My 77 MG had four.
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    My 77 MG had four.
    My father had an MG B and my sister's boyfriend has an MG A. Great little cars.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    My father had an MG B and my sister's boyfriend has an MG A. Great little cars.
    Mine was a midget. Sure sad to see it go. Maybe I'll get a chance to restore another one day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably, and it will be because they like certain features of them, because of the way that that time's society has conditioned them ^^

But I won't be one of those people.
    Probably not, because you're already in today's crowd liking what is old today.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Probably not, because you're already in today's crowd liking what is old today.
    Which is why I have to rescue as many of these cars as I can now. They'll be rust by the time I'm that age, and I'll be stuck driving some ugly future car ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Which is why I have to rescue as many of these cars as I can now. They'll be rust by the time I'm that age, and I'll be stuck driving some ugly future car ^^
    If you are really dedicated, I am sure you'll be able to keep it up and running. How to get fuel for it is a different story though, if anything changes on that part by then. I am sure some dedication can get you around also issues like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    If you are really dedicated, I am sure you'll be able to keep it up and running. How to get fuel for it is a different story though, if anything changes on that part by then. I am sure some dedication can get you around also issues like that.
    If the world goes to mostly electric or something else, I'll update the internal workings of one. I like the engine sound, but I mostly am in love with the style, so I'd be ok with doing that.

Hate american cars, there big heavy and sound terrible. Euro or JDM all the way.

Oh and my dad has a 55 chevy with a big block and i have had a highly modded STi and i currently drive a BMW 135i

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by plaze6288 View Post
    Hate american cars, there big heavy and sound terrible. Euro or JDM all the way.
    not to mention my 70's american muscle car weight less than most of modern cars. as well has more torque and hosrsepower.
    Last edited by mmoc174caaa55b; 2012-08-14 at 10:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    they have a hell of a 360 crate out there, you'd be hard pressed to build one for the price. big block would be a tight fit, it is just an a body, lol
    My late uncle had a Duster with a 440 in it, I am still trying to get my hands on it from my aunt. He was the only owner of the car and i still has no rust....

- - - Updated - - -

I would prefer a original Dodge Power Wagon over any modern vehicle, they are practically indestructible and very easy to work on. Modern vehicles are too complex.

I have a 68 Camaro. Since it isn't an SS or a show car so it didn't need to be factory original I went with a somewhat modern interior. A/c, bucket seats, stereo, things like that. Also went with a modern LS motor. My dream, if I could have any car, would be an original 60's Ford Cobra.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Ford mustang, looks like '69?, commercial. Doubt Ford could afford to license the song.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Ford mustang, looks like '69?, commercial. Doubt Ford could afford to license the song.
    Isn't he broke and bat shit crazy now?
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd want a Plymouth Baracuda, cause there's something about these cars I really like. I love classic cars, but I'd modernize the crap out of them. I do not like carburetor's . Also I'd put a Viper V10 in a Cuda. Good luck finding one, cause the half rusted ones are like $10k and the fully restored ones are more than a Tesla.

Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2016-02-22 at 12:09 AM.

Cars are like videogames. We remember the two good ones from an entire year and forget all the garbage and declare videogames of old were great and videogames now suck, because we are immersed in the good and the bad of now.

(that being said, last year and this year are have been awesome years for videogames, a Renaissance)

Nobody looks back and says, oh yeah that AMC Gremlin. That's what I remember. Or the '58 Ford Edsel. Or the '73 Reliant Robin. No, it's always the original corvette or mustang. The truth is there are plenty of inspired cars these days, we just also see the common cheap cars around us that will be forgotten in 10 years.

Also, I want to emphasize I'm not saying that cool cars of yesteryear aren't cool, just that we look back with big ol' rose-colored nostalgia glasses.

Think about the '90s now. People declared all the time in the 90's that the art of auto was dead, but there were all sorts of great cars around then too that we remember now and forget the rest. The Nissan Skyline? The older Subaru STis? Even the 90's Mustang was actually an interesting car in its own right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

http://www.imcdb.org/movie_100451633...-It-to-Ya.html

'65 Mustang, '70 Mustang (I think the one you're looking at)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I'd want a Plymouth Baracuda, cause there's something about these cars I really like. I love classic cards, but I'd modernize the crap out of them. I do not like carburetor's . Also I'd put a Viper V10 in a Cuda. Good luck finding one, cause the half rusted ones are like $10k and the fully restored ones are more than a Tesla.

How to die with a big ol' grin on your face.
    Last edited by Rukh; 2016-02-21 at 10:47 PM.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Probably too recent to be classified as an actual classic but

the 930 slantnose porsche is just a thing of beauty
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Probably too recent to be classified as an actual classic but

the 930 slantnose porsche is just a thing of beauty
    Its over 25 years old, it is a classic. It is also a car very few people should ever try to drive.