Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You were establishing about 12.5k HPS from Conductivity. That, plus Healing Rain, and given that most healers aren't pushing their theoretical max HPS, and I figured it was something close to that range. HPS numbers are always significantly lower than DPS numbers, after all. Simulationcraft is still early on HPS valuations, but they have Priests in the 70k range for HPS, so if I assume a more typical 60k in real-time performance (sims assume everyone always needs healing and such), 30% would be 18k, meaning Enhancement needs about 5.5k HPS from Healing Rain to reach that mark, which I didn't think was unattainable if people are stacked.

The Enhancement profile has 26,708 Spellpower when raid buffed. Healing Rain heals for 2,170+(19.7% of SP) per tick per person, up to 6, so at that spellpower, we're talking heals for 7431 per person per tick. That's every 10s for 2s, so if we assume 12s between casts (to let the CD fall off and to re-cast), it's (7,431 x 6)/2= 22,293 healing per second while up, and ~18,500 HPS when you factor in cast time.

So I'd say we're well in the 30-40% range, since we're looking at about 31k, compared to 71k for priests in the sims. Assuming everyone can stand in it and the Enhancement player is keeping it down. It's just blanket AoE healing, too, which is garbage, but it might be enough to let you drop a healer for certain progression fights.
    The flaw in that reasoning is that you seem to be basing Enhancement's grouped up HPS with the other healers' overall HPS. If Enhancement spikes to 18.5khps, I'm betting the other healers spike significantly higher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    Even if Conductivity isn't as good to Enhance as to Elemental, it's going to be the better one if you don't need burst healing, as its passive, and if you don't need to drop HR already, the you will not need to use any of that tiers talents.
    This is pretty much my view of the talent. The points you use HR now on live would be the points you would use the healing tier talents anyway. If its only once every 2-3minutes then of course you would take the other talents. However, if its constant high healing (whether that be caused by bringing fewer healers or just high healing) then more consistant, almost no cooldown healing is the better option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orrion View Post
    The flaw in that reasoning is that you seem to be basing Enhancement's grouped up HPS with the other healers' overall HPS. If Enhancement spikes to 18.5khps, I'm betting the other healers spike significantly higher.
    I haven't got those numbers, though. If you've got 'em somewhere, point them out and we can work with that.

And, as I said, I haven't accounted for the effects of Crit or Haste yet, either. The point was, it's a significant chunk of HPS, and potentially enough to make up that extra bit of healing needed, allowing one healer to go DPS to better push the boss' Enrage.

The fact is, Shaman were dropping HR where necessary to help out on progression attempts, if survival was a bigger contribution to the kill than pushing every last drop of DPS. Conductivity makes it more effective; about 35% more effective by this math. You're not really comparing this benefit to other healers, you're comparing it to other talents. The fact that you can manage high uptime with Conductivity offsets that it has a lower per-use contribution than AG or HTT.

If it was just as good as those two, you'd take Conductivity every time because it has no CD. And I like the variety of having two different CDs, and one non-CD, allowing me to adjust my off-healing to the fight. Even if one of those options seems less commonly useful than the others.

IMO, it's best to see the entire talent tree as part of your toolkit. You can only have one per fight, but you can and should be swapping it around every fight. Good players won't, for the most part, be saying "I'm an Unleashed Fury Enhancement player", they'll be taking whichever talent in that three is best for the fight. If they prefer UF, they'll tend to drift back to that one if it doesn't make much difference, but if it DOES make a difference, you pick what's most effective. I'd rather have three options that give me three unique abilities that are useful for different situations and circumstances, than three that are basically the same in most ways and for which it makes little difference which one I pick.
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-08-22 at 10:28 PM.