Deleted

worsening the game

Free to play will only worsen an mmo.
    1)Free to play will attract less desirable players.

a) Imagine a sub-mmo being like a restaurant.Where the price of the food is decent.All kind of folks go eat there,and you rarely have rude people.
    Then imagine the restaurant becoming free.You can eat there for free,only some types of food require payment.
    While the food still has the same quality you can already foresee what kind of people will go to that restaurant.There will be way more rude and unpleasant people.In our case,an mmo,there will be way more trolls,douchebags and scammers.

b)It will also attract lower quality gamers.Obviously the group in a) fits this description.But it also will attract people who aren't really interested in the game,but are willing to try it because it's free.Those types of people while mostly come and go,play sporadically...actually they will not add much ''value players'' to the game.
    By that I mean players who are genuinely interested in the game and will actively be part of the community,they will be your raiding friends,they will bring competitivity to the game.
    While the ''free casual'' type of players don't actually do anything bad and they even add value players in small numbers they do break down the social climate.
    This is of course subjective.This is out of the pov of the active and involved player.Not necessarily only hardcore player,the midcore (casual active) player too.
    To state the obvious,an mmo is a social game,the more game is flooded with ''free casual'' players,the more you have to deal with them,the less chance for you to encounter like-minded players because you have to filter through a bigger less desirable crowd.
    They will also make value players leave who don't like F2p games for this reason.You can count me as one of those.
    So to say these players don't have a bad intention,but things are what they are,they lower the social quality of the game.

2)Free to play will lead to greedy content.Content designed in a way for you to go to the cash shop asap.
    I can't understand how people like to think about money while they play,that's why I like sub-based mmo's,you pay once a month and you're DONE,you can go on enjoying the game,and if you want something in the game,you actually play the game for it.I may be too old school but I like the idea of doing something in the game to get a reward I want.

Call me old school again but when I buy a game I expect it to have the actual game.
    Not the ''main part'' of the game while you're expected to pay for extra DLC,cash shop,...
    About the developing part.Things are what you put into it.
    What kind of game do you expect when it's mostly free and the company need to make money through their cash shop?
    Its not gonna grow into something impressing that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing. There are already multiple threads about SWTOR going Free-to-Play. If you wish to continue discussing this, please post in one of the threads constructively.