Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    People getting all worried about the political correctness of judging someone. Don't worry people, to judge means literally to form an opinion or conclusion about, which you do when you meet or look at someone for the first time.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    For some reason when I look at people's face, I some how have the "bad" person's faced outlined, the "good" person, "shy" person, "stupid" person, and so on, I mean what I'm trying to say is the people that look "dumb" to me have some similarities you know, and the "good" people have some, so yes I base people's and judge them based on they look but only by their faces not the rest of the body. I judge them but it's not my way to judge people so I try not to get a first impression out of someone without knowing them first. I think it's stupid to have an impression of someone just by looking at them, even though I do that, I always try to be open minded and all ears.

Yes I do. But I'm not that judgmental.

You can get a pretty good grip on how people are based on their looks and cloths. But you can also be totally surprised as well.
    A tattoo won't make you a bad person, plenty of them might. A couple of minimalistic face piercings won't make you non-caring, a "bull" piercing in your nose might.
    Et cetera, et cetera.
    Cloths can tell quite a lot about a person as well.

Everyone judge other people no matter what they say. But not all people do it in a condescending fashion. I try to stay neutral until I get to know the person, but I will build up a conclusion and expectations of how I believe that person is like based on what I see.
    In most of the cases my expectations are met, I suppose I am a good judge of character. It's not to hard to get a hunch of how people are like as a person. How they think and are emotionally is a lot harder for me though.
    I guess as a introvert that's how it's like. I like to judge people and think up how they might be as a person and how they think.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

10+ Year Old Account
    All humans do, it's a primal survival instinct.

Those who say they don't are liars.

Deleted
    I think there's a few things you can discern without being too judgemental. People can wear whatever clothes they like and such, rich or poor. Material things shouldn't be judged on as some people just aren't in the situation to have those things. Little things however such as personal hygiene I do judge on. Unless you're living on a street, you shouldn't smell like three weeks of unwashed body. I automatically categorise people like that as lazy and having no self-respect. While yes, they may have a medical condition, I'm sure 99% of people like that don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time your judging is correct.

1. If you judge on how they look, there's a pretty good shot you're right

2. if you read they body language attached with how they look, that will give you the answer.

example-- If you see someone walk in with pants down to their ass, grills, hat backwards, over sized cloths, talks like they're mentally handicapped, and has the BODY LANGUAGE that fits it, you can pretty much certainly know hes/she is a stupid welfare abosorbing "gangster" scum that voted for (probably can't say this part or ill get an infraction)

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 10:59 AM ----------

Then again, if their body language contradicts the way they look, you may be deceived.
    Last edited by golds; 2012-08-09 at 08:59 PM.

Deleted
    I guess i do it a little bit but it wont stop me from talking to him/her or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone does on some level.

Mature people however will change their first impressions according to how the person behaves.
    Putin khuliyo

nah I judge them by the clothes they wear and the way they act. Judging on looks they cannot control will never work.

Yes of course. I don't know one person who doesn't do it naturally or subconsciously when looking at someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it's good behavior that has allowed the human race to thrive. The PC leftists want to think that everyone is some 1/1000000 special interest case, when in reality that guy in the dirty clothes, the dirty shoes, the track marks on his arm, and the bulge at his waistband, is actually crackhead, and hes going to mug you; so the smart choice, the evolved choice, is you judge him by his look and steer clear.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Everyone does on some level.

Mature people however will change their first impressions according to how the person behaves.
    Tell that to your subconscious.

It won't listen. you'll still be judging away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I do. Mostly all of us do! It's important that you feel the person you are interacting with are in the same "zone" as you in normality if you know what I mean. Tho you can be absolutelty wrong about a person that looks like garbage.. sadly

Deleted
    Always.Better safe then sorry.

I'd like to see your reaction.
    Imagine if you were invited to visit one of the most economically failing parts of your city.
    imagine...
    imagine..
    imagine...
    if you're even slightly scared at the thought of it,you just wildly judged a whole neighborhood you never even seen.
    Last edited by mmocba4f7a59a4; 2012-08-09 at 09:47 PM.

No, anyone who does that is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    very detailed post, wixiwx

Yeah, I do judge them when I first take a look at them. Then I judge them after the first 10 or so words. It is 50/50 hit or miss type of stuff but I do it. It isn't the type of judgment I typically use with or against anyone but honestly I think people have stuff like this pop into their heads all the time. As long as it isn't your final judgement and it doesn't sway your actions right off the bat you're ok as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    Tell that to your subconscious.

It won't listen. you'll still be judging away.
    You're the type of person who justifies his personal flaws with "genetics" and "subconsciousness".

it will affect a first impression, yes. but first impression is just that, first impression. i won't judge anyone by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    You're the type of person who justifies his personal flaws with "genetics" and "subconsciousness".
    You are so wise.

Tell me more.