Purchase a boxed copy?

Not sure if this has been asked before, but what sorts of benefits would I gain for buying a boxed copy before the game goes F2P? They're about 15 bucks now.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you buy the box and subscribe now you'll get some free 'Cartel Coins' when it goes F2P. Plus you won't have to download the entire game (just the patches). If you don't plan to sub between now and November, getting it now serves no real purpose as far as I know.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You get a free months sub with it.

Thanks guys! I was thinking of playing the free to 15 version til then, but a month's subscription for some perks might not be a bad idea.

Deleted
    Afaik, even when the free option comes, you still have to buy the game; the free option just means you don't have to pay subscription. That's the impression I got from the free features. I could be wrong though.

$15 for all 8 storylines, I'd say it is not a very bad deal and frankly as someone who unsubscribed, I envy the new players who pay a lot less to play a much more polished TOR.
    But I guess it will be like seeing other people buying a game, which I paid full price but was not satisfied, at a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic90 View Post
    Afaik, even when the free option comes, you still have to buy the game.
    No. She does not have to buy the game. The biggest advantage is that she can play the game now.