Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    WTB secret question and answer change for EU as well

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I understand that there are so few EU players left relative to NA and Asian players, that I am guessing that the hackers didn't consider hacking that data noteworthy. So the answer is "no".
    That is the most hilarious thing I've read in hours, good job. 10/10!

China-based accounts:
    Unaffected

Who would of guessed..............................?

Deleted
    "China-based accounts:Unaffected"

And you'd fucking wonder where the attacks come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    and then go to EVERY SINGLE WEBSITE you use your battle.net e-mail in association with that uses the same pass word and change all THOSE pass words too
    This sort of thing is the reason why when they did the Battle.net changes I made an email account solely for Battle.net use. Also makes all those scams I get on my "old" email address really funny.

for those asking / saying the authenticators can't be compromised, blizz already said in the FAQ section they were, all it takes is knowing the mobile authenticator serial number which is why / how windows desktop authenticators exist even tho blizz never wrote them. And the hackers got em, so yeah, in this instance, authenticators mean shit.

Wow, Gota give it to the hackers. Well done.
    Thanks for letting us know atleast ^^

Deleted
    The attacks are from Mars.

Sneaky sneaky Curiosity.

If they got the serial numbers to your authenticators on your account, managed to unencrypt the password they could get into your account, easily. However, what they said is "what they CURRENTLY KNOW" is that they cannot use the info they retrieved. If they did get the serial number it is as simple as downloading one of the few apps around that use the authenticator algorithm on the PC (For legitimate use) and plug the serial numbers into those and use it for people whom's account is protected by that.

Nice to know our subscription fees are going toward good security as opposed to beer/pot/hookers/dividends.

Blizzard's security is a huge LOL.
    Btw, i blame d3

As if I wasn't getting enough phishing emails to that account already >.>
    Being upfront about everything it good and it doesn't seem that much info was taken.

Another huge negative blow for BLizzard. And they even managed to screw the authenticators so they are worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by highlandr View Post
    China-based accounts:
    Unaffected

Who would of guessed..............................?
    A non Blizzard company operates WoW in China.

Deleted
    I wonder if credit card info was compromised too and they're still keeping it a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadanon View Post
    Another huge negative blow for BLizzard. And they even managed to screw the authenticators so they are worthless.
    The physical ones were unaffected, and the software ones can be re-keyed, so they will be fixed up quickly and the stolen keys will be worthless.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacM View Post
    I wonder if credit card info was compromised too and they're still keeping it a secret.
    Pretty sure they have to legally tell you if it was.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Deleted
    Was bound to happen.

On a related note, I hope they find the perps and tear them apart limb from limb, slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacM View Post
    There's no way in hell they'd be able to hide that from whatever security experts they've brought in to help with this. They'd be in so much trouble legally if they tried to hide it. So I think it's pretty safe to say that your credit card will be fine.