Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Getting my ass kicked At Belial Infernal mode

Im getting wasted by Belial. I tried Sword and Board and Dual 1H. Still Im getting stomped. Any advice? Heres my profile of my gear and spec

With the 1H axe and Shield im at 808 all res, 11.3k dps, 21.6k hp, 755 LoH. I tried Swapping to Dual 1H and still same result. SHould I keep farming Act 1 Warden/Butcher for more gold to get better gear?

Are you dying to the enrage timer of him?

If yes, id say your dps is rather low... Try investing in a higher damage weapon.

Deleted
    I see no link o.0

Edit: If you play a Barb then the easiest way to kill him is to play the WW spec http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJQOs...feature=relmfu

You will have to regear if you go WW but it's a much more enjoyable spec imo.
    Last edited by mmoc0798c9712b; 2012-08-10 at 01:41 AM.

Sorry I cant post links yet. I play a monk btw. Im just frustrated.

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 09:44 PM ----------

It seems Im 1 or 2 shotted by his attacks. And Im sure Im nowhere near his enrage timer.

DPS and HP are both pretty low. DPS especially is REALLY low. Hard to say more without knowing what abilities you're using.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/11580458

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 09:47 PM ----------

AH finally I can post links.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your DPS is ridiculously LOW unfortunately OP you know before I go out to eat today I can help you kill it right now if you want :P

edit: well got to go actually now maybe when I come back!
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-08-10 at 01:50 AM.

Deleted
    Looks like you'll have to farm act 1 for a while. At least exploding palm is still bugged

Edit: Gearing tips; Try to not buy fire resist as barbs REALLY want it and it makes pieces with it a tad more expensive than other available to you. Poison/lightning is usually the least wanted resist and you can probably abuse this to get some nice gear.

Scan the AH after 2 runs of act 1 and look for items to bid on, the biding works so that your bid is basically what the highest sum of gold you are willing to give out and others can't see this unless someone bids higher than you.

Spec; Always use "The Guardian's Path" when you Dual-wield (replace transcendence). If blinding light doesn't interrupt him then use Mystic ally instead.

Edit edit: LoH is really expensive, try not too blow all your money on it, other stats usually give much more for your money =)

I'm afraid I can't help more than that, I wish you good luck with your farming :P
    Last edited by mmoc0798c9712b; 2012-08-10 at 02:06 AM.

Apathy that would be awesome. whats your ingame id

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 09:54 PM ----------

Thanks for the kind gesture. Looks like I'll be farming Act1.

Did you get belial down? I havent played a monk so cant help you skill wise.

A really poorly designed fight, at least you arent dying to goofy enrage at 10%, then you really get mad

Catharlex#1544

Can't help ya skill wise (I'm a Barbarian) but I can take down Belial for you.

sent you a friend request Catharlex

Done and done. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzwei View Post
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/11580458

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 09:47 PM ----------

AH finally I can post links.
    Your DPS is stupid low because your Dex is abysmal. You really really really really need to get this number up MUCH higher. I'm talking at least double where it is now. You should be gemming into Dex (and using real gems while you're at it).

Spec looks fine. Consider Evasion aura once you get your natural DPS up to a better level.

Your weapons are fine. Just, seriously, LOTS more Dex for LOTS more DPS.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Your DPS is stupid low because your Dex is abysmal. You really really really really need to get this number up MUCH higher. I'm talking at least double where it is now. You should be gemming into Dex (and using real gems while you're at it).

Spec looks fine. Consider Evasion aura once you get your natural DPS up to a better level.

Your weapons are fine. Just, seriously, LOTS more Dex for LOTS more DPS.
    I would have to agree, DW'n and just breaking 12k Dps means something is not right. Looking at my gear that beat Act2, I am walking around with 1k+ more dex, 400+ more Str, and 200+ more Vit.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    I am walking around with 1k+ more dex, 400+ more Str, and 200+ more Vit.
    Irrelevant.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

I think belial is a pretty good check tbh for act 3.
    If you are struggling on him, despite the kind offer of others to kill him for you, then you will still hit a wall at act 3.
    As others have said your dps is really low, you need to get it to 20k+ at the very least - assuming the numbers mean roughly the same for monk and barb.

Good luck though if you wish to proceed in act 3 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Irrelevant.
    I don't know, I thought Str added to armor which would help with some of the damage taken from standing in his green goop or breath atk.

So should I start lowering the res and go for as much Dex and Vit as possible? Whats a good Res to be at?

Why lower Res? Your Res is in a fine place. Just get (a lot) more Dex. The gear required to clear Act II (and even Act III) with minimal issues is dirt cheap. There is really no excuse for not doing it right.

---------- Post added 2012-08-10 at 11:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    I don't know, I thought Str added to armor which would help with some of the damage taken from standing in his green goop or breath atk.
    Yes, it does. But there are much much much better ways for a Monk to increase effective health. The only Str that appears on your gear should be incidental. You should not, at all, try to gear into it.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>