AMD CPU/GPU Combo Opinions

Currently playing games such as SC2, WoW, and D3 on my old bad laptop, but I want to build a PC this month i could play decent settings at for a low price. I am used to lowest of low settings to be able to just play my games, and i still lock up and stutter all over, so I am not worried about anything spectacular or great. Don't really care about performance in WoW or D3, don't play them much, but would like to be able to have good fps at low or medium settings at least for SC2. I would like to be able to play GW2 at launch, don't need high settings, medium or low will do if it is what is it. Just wanna play it with a friend because it looks like an awesome game and to keep playing with him. With all that said, I would like an opinion from you here about AMD A8-3870K Unlocked Llano 3.0GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 6550D AD3870WNGXBOX. (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc..._-19106001-L0B) Priced at $95 it looks too good to be true, but I figured since I can get this this weekend, I may as well ask and research. CPU/GPU are two of the more expensive parts of a great system, and I have my pcpartslist ready to go, just wanted to get some opinions on this before I started ordering soon. Would I be able to upgrade the GPU when I am able?(dumb question sorry) Thanks, appreciate any help/opinions on this =D

It is looking like a very weak GPU integrated, which leads me to another question. How does the AMD compare to something in the same price range, like Intel Pentium G860 Sandy Bridge 3.0GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80623G860 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...3938566&SID=)?
    Last edited by Optimuze; 2012-08-10 at 08:06 AM.

You would be able to use another gpu anytime, that gpu is the integrated gpu, meaning its built onto the cpu. As for that CPU, while it doesnt stand up to the intel processors, for that price I'd say go for it OP. You'll likely need to get a standalone graphics card though.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

If you're never gonna buy separate graphics card, then yes, the A8 Llanos gives best performance for your money.

But if you are gonna get separate graphics card, better get one of the Sandy Bridge Celerons instead in the same price bracket for better framerates in Blizzard games.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    If you're never gonna buy separate graphics card, then yes, the A8 Llanos gives best performance for your money.

But if you are gonna get separate graphics card, better get one of the Sandy Bridge Celerons instead in the same price bracket for better framerates in Blizzard games.
    Thank you, that was my exact alternative!

---------- Post added 2012-08-10 at 08:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    You would be able to use another gpu anytime, that gpu is the integrated gpu, meaning its built onto the cpu. As for that CPU, while it doesnt stand up to the intel processors, for that price I'd say go for it OP. You'll likely need to get a standalone graphics card though.
    Thank you for pointing out that gpu was integrated, I was thinking 2 pcs but wasn't sure =D