Poll: Which race has the best Personal Story?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Which race has the best Personal Story?

During the BWE#3 I only was able to do the human personal story up to level 20 (what was available for testing), and I have to say that I found the story to be pretty cliche and not very interesting. On top of that, most of the voice acting was mediocre at best. So my question is: which race has the best personal story in your opinion and why, whether it be because of the story, characters, acting, etc.

From what I have seen (Charr Ash Legion Gladium father, Charr Iron legion gladium father, Human street rat lost sister, Sylvari green knight all things deserve to grow) I would say that the Charr have the most interesting story lines of the three while the Sylvari have the most unique.

I think this poll lacks plenty of options. D:
    Should be atleast thrice as big.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

10+ Year Old Account
    I only properly did the Human one, which starts of very very bad, it gets better after level 10 however and by the end of the story I wanted more!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    I think this poll lacks plenty of options. D:
    Should be atleast thrice as big.
    What do you mean?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adversarius View Post
    What do you mean?
    He means the storylines are vastly different depending on what choices you pick during character creation, particularly the first story-based question (example, your charr legion, your human social status, or your asura college).

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean?
    I'm guessing he means 3 for each race, since each race has 3 choices for how their story starts.

I personally like the Charr Personal story the most.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean?
    There are multiple factors affecting storyline, not just race.

What do you mean?
    I mean the different personal storys of each race (depending on your answer of the first and second racial question in your biography/the third also, but more minor), are too different to throw them all together. =<
    A "what was your favorite personal storyline"- poll would be more usefull imho.
    But most likely too big for a single poll, as every race has two plotlines with three options each.
    Making it at least 30 vote options. (Race1Plot1, ..., Race5Plot2)

[kinda spoiler I guess]

For example Charr, depending on your first question you'll be all secret agent, ghostbuster or warband leader.
    Depending on your secon question, you'll later track your father down, fighting Flame Legion or just go on treasure hunting.
    The third question just decides your sidekick it seems. All other will die after the tutorial quest.
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-08-10 at 09:18 AM.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Deleted
    From all I've seen so far Charr got the best story imo. Well at least on engineer, with all that stuff about developing a weapon, testing it on ghosts and such. Dunno if it's different for other proffesions. I also played some Human and Sylvari, and it was kinda boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only played the Charr story (I was a warband leader, I think) and I didn't really care much for it.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Sylvari green knight all things deserve to grow
    Are these the choices you have to pick in order to go to Orr in Sylvari story?

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    Are these the choices you have to pick in order to go to Orr in Sylvari story?
    No. I am 90% sure that was "Act with wisdom, but act"

I loved the Norn story that involved guard ancient spirits, lost heirloom and see it as the best out of all the races I played through out the 3 betas and stress test. I have gone through all the races three times picking different choices to see all the options from start till the end of the level 20 demo. I am very happy on how much the game changes, at lease for your personal story by the choices you make.

Only tried Human treet rat and Sylvari shield of the moon and the latter was much more enjoyable. Perhaps it is like that only at the beginning, but human story is very cliche and cringeworthy.

Deleted
    Human street rat was meh.

Charr Blood Legion was meh.
    Charr Iron Legion; awesome!

The human one was like every single fantasy cliche all mashed together. The Norn was was all about being a legendary legend of legend.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My legend grows!

Deleted
    They're kinda personal preference. I kinda liked the Sylvari story (White Deer) and the Human noble story.
    I didn't spoil the charr though so yeah.

Norn was fun, but not... 'good'. It's worth for the cheesiness of it.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wont vote because I only did the norn personal story and I have nothing to compare it to. I will say this: If the norn story is the best one, then we're in trouble.